Personal Quest Solid Foundations
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
They came. A dizzying sort of relief washed over her at the sound of footsteps and Evie's voice, and was just as quickly replaced by a smatter of butterflies that made her stomach roil and turned her fingers into ice.  For others to actually arrive was a big step, but it was only the first one out of so many... and the most difficult part would be explaining her intentions in a way that wouldn't turn everyone against one another.

She smiled at Evie and her abraisive comment, at Roana who followed behind and quickly came to Maea's defense, at Sam whose first reaction was concern for her well being.

"Yes," she replied with a smile, with a tone that was unusually joyful despite its softness. "I am alright Sam. It is Ludo's rags. I went to pray after the demon had been brought down, and I was answered. Ludo gave this to me...." Pale fingers ran down the length of the strange material, nearly luminous against the deep darkness of the fabric. It was still unreal, that one of the gods has heard her prayer and replied. Despite her being abandoned, despite there being so many others around and so many voices clamoring for attention... She would never cease to be grateful for the attention, or the guidance that had brought about this gift.

Maea looked up when Rory entered. He was later than the others, and the young woman looked expectantly over his shoulder, hoping to see a pale shadow trail the tall man. But there was no one else there, and the words he used was not a greeting but rather the first blow to her confidence, the first of many still to come.

Jigano wouldn't come? But... but he had said he supported her idea at the meeting? He had seemed to approve, and Maea had hoped... they hadn't been able to talk about it like she intended, too much had happened and there had been no time, but... she had been sure he would come. Had hoped, counted on the lorekeeper to be here.

It was a heavy blow, and so was Rory's curt question.

Alright. What was she thinking? Looking at each of the others in turn, Maea drew a deep breath and spoke up, hoping no one would notice how her fingers trembled under the weight of their attention.

"That... is unfortunate. But you are here, you all are, and for that I am grateful. This idea, this plan... it's a hasty one, I recognize that. But I also think that it is necessary."

Licking her lips, Maea threw a glance about the room, searching for the right words.

"As I said, Ludo answered my prayers. I did not know why, what had changed so much that they finally start listening to an abandoned, after all this time. I did not intend to ask, but they answered anyway, and what they told me is that it's becuse things are changing in the Hollowed Grounds. The Voice has awakened, the Outlanders arrived, and now the Spire has been opened up to investigation for the first time in three centuries."

She nodded briefly to Roana, and felt acutely how alone the woman had become in Jigano's absence. Maea had intended for them to be two, so that no one would be set apart and left alone in this gathering. Why had the lorekeeper not come? His absence hurt, his lack of faith in this plan hurt. Or... was it a lack of faith in her?

"Change has come rapidly, and persistently, and it shows no sign of slowing. That is why the people of the Hollow need to start preparing for change as well.

This... I don't intend for this council to decide what happens to the Spire. That is a matter between the gods and each of their followers to decide. I can't do anything to either help or prevent because I don't know myself what I want in that matter. But. If the barrier comes down, if we are exposed to the outside and all the unknowns that exist out there, then I want for us to have a united front to show, someone who can speak for the people and act in the best interest of the people.

I... I know I'm not the ideal person to do something like this"
she admitted.

"There are many others who could take my place and do a better job, but no one is actually doing anything. So I will, until someone better shows an interest in the welfare of the community. And I am asking you to help me. I picked you, not because of personal preference but because I think you all have something vital that can help this project work. I would ask you to be a part of this council, to represent the people and tell me what their will is. All of the people, from all backgrounds and all races."

Maea sought out the gaze of each, searching fortheir response; Evie, Roana, Sam, Rory. Not commanding, nor pleading, because neither was in her nature to do, but with a quiet, persistent hope that they might set aside any personal grievances and work together.

For the sake of everyone.
MAEA
just a glimpse of truth
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Solid Foundations - by Maea - 03-19-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Evie - 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Roana - 03-19-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Samuel - 03-19-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Rory - 03-20-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Maea - 03-22-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Samuel - 03-22-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Evie - 03-23-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Roana - 03-24-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Vervain - 03-25-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Rory - 03-28-2019, 11:09 AM