[Seasonal Event] Back To Work
Open
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Maea suggested a joint government. In theory, Emmett could see the sense behind it and agreed with the idea, but he couldn't help but think that in practice such a thing would surely fall apart, that each side would want more power than the other and the council would kill each other before the first decision had been reached.

But Maea looked hopeful, so he sighed and put his objections to one side. "I...think it'd be hard, but maybe. Are y'gonna organise that, then? I don' mean this any kinda way, but you don' seem that uh...y'know, loud. Like leader people tend to be." Emmett wasn't really sure of the requirements for leadership, but he was pretty confident that being able to shout was a part of it.

He reached the end of the line of seeds he needed to plant, put the empty bag to one side and wiped his forehead. Maea would be done with hers soon and then it would be done for the day; it was a pitiful amount of work compared to what he had done with his family, but with just him and the weight of grief...he had begun to split each day to one task.
Emmett
You think that luck has left you there
But maybe there's nothing
Up in the sky but air
And there's no mystical design
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
Maea laughed out loud at the thought. Her? Leading anyone? The idea was ridiculous, and she grinned at Emmett as she strew the last few handfuls of seed into the fields.

"No way! I don't think anyone would follow me for anything more than a Fiat Lux dance. Nah, not lead, but... I probably wouldn't mind helping to set it up. Eventually the people would decide who they want to listen to, choose who sits on the council and such... I think it would be better that way."

But he was right. It would be difficult, and take time to establish, and face a number of difficult tasks before the people of the Hollow actually accepted the concept of leaders...

"In the end, I think it's necessary though. If things continue to change this quickly... who knows, the barrier might fall tomorrow!"

She grinned at the absurdity of her own words as she reached the end of the field and let her bag follow suit with Emmett's. With two pairs of hands it had been quick work, and Maea was glad she'd had a chance to talk to the young man.

"If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask" she offered him. "You're not alone, we're all in here together."

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Emmett was relieved to hear Maea didn't think she was going to lead any kind of government; without being rude he could not imagine her heading up a leadership and being taken seriously. With how ruffled feathers were at the moment, he could see an attempt to grab power going very poorly, didn't want her to be hurt.

"I hope it ain' til the end of harvest, cos it'd be a pain in the arse." He laughed, though this did hint towards a real worry of his. If everyone ran off outside the barrier, would there be enough people left to buy his crops, supplement the farm? Would he be able to make a living here? Support his siblings? Or was he doomed to wander with them, searching for food in whatever laid past the realm he had always known?

Still, worries aside, the days work was done and Maea was here right now, present and kind and offering her help. "Thank you, that's real nice. I might need t'take you up on that, sometime, if I gotta do it all come summer. And it goes both ways -- you need anything at your place, just ask."
Emmett
You think that luck has left you there
But maybe there's nothing
Up in the sky but air
And there's no mystical design