Personal Quest seat of power
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Lena’s hesitation in granting Sohalia that certified notion only maintained from her youth. Inexperience could be a harsh matter if and when tougher, more difficult matters came to play. On the other hand, gentler touches could signify something else – a break away from the way their land had been handled in the past few years. So she was quiet, inwardly reflective, as the rest of them discussed and talked.

Because they all wanted what was best for this world.

Taking a breath, her benevolent tones sought out the rest of their group. “I can help. There are things to be done. We can help guide and assist you.”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
That Anju didn't appear particularly annoyed with him made the aviator's shoulders soften slightly as he exhaled the tension he'd been holding there. "Cian was very experienced, and look where that got us." Everest murmurs softly, perhaps more to himself than anyone else, but the point still stood. Maybe a fresh way of approaching Stormbreak's politics was just what the region needed. Certainly, Sohalia couldn't do any worse than the former Eye. Had he been a superstitious man, Everest might have rapped his knuckles against the wooden desk. Alas, he merely stood blinking down at the carpet.

"Anything you need." He agrees, meaning the offer carte blanche even though there were clearly positions he'd be better suited for above others.
If I told you that you'd do nothing with it
I'd still be that cigarette that you couldn't finish
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
just you and me, dancing in a daydream; just you and me, lost in the clouds
"Right. Okay," said Soh, trying very hard to wrap her head around what she had just volunteered to do. In all honesty, she'd been expecting a very different outcome to today's meeting, but that didn't seem to matter anymore. Stormbreak needed a leader, changes needed to be made, and no one else was willing to take on the challenge. So here she was. Shaking her head to clear it, Soh looked around at her companions. "Thank you all," she said sincerely. "I wouldn't be able to do anything without your support."

Drumming her fingers on the desk, Soh considered their next move. For one, she needed to be brought up to speed on the exact details of leadership before her, so that she could hopefully avoid making the same mistakes. That, at least, should be fairly easy - she could read reports, ask around, learn as much as she could through the experiences of her friends. Or, well - they were more than just friends, now, weren't they? "How do we want to structure this, then? Would you three be council members to advise and assist?" she wanted to know. "Or is there a different title we want to use?" To say nothing of her own title. "And, speaking of titles, if we are trying for a gentler touch, should we start with a new title for the leader - me?" she forced out, entirely aware of how strange it sounded. "Or should we stick with what has been done in the past? I'm worried that if former leadership was... lacking, then perhaps there will be poor associations with existing titles?"

------

Picking titles, yay! No post order. <3
Sohalia
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Anju
I see red
My blood is boiling and it shows
The barrage of questions does not exactly make her feel more confident, but she believes in Sohalia's heart. Plus, with the three of them behind her, hopefully any mistakes will be mitigated. She doesn't believe anything is better than no ruler, but Stormbreak's tentative peace will not last forever.

"Yes, we would presumably form a council. I would be happy to be your Captain; lead the military, Dragoons, and local enforcement." Considering the Dragoons have largely been the reason for the peace they've managed to hold, and they are looked upon rather positively despite technically being soldiers and therefore more in line with the militaristic sentiment Everest had cautioned away from, Anju sees no need to change that.

"Unofficial titles are usually given by the people. As for your position title, it is up to you; Queen, Duchess, Marquess, Mayor." Personally Anju doesn't think it matters but maybe Everest will chime in. Likely there are implications to each that Anju doesn't care to consider. Maybe he will be head of public relations given all of his input?

- - -

Anju volunteers to be Captain, and makes some commentary about titles.
When all you are is a weapon
You shoot them all down until you end up alone
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
Marketing was certainly not Ever's specialty; that required far too much knowledge of how people acted and what they ultimately wanted and how to manipulate those sorts of desires. Picking a new title other than Eye based on optics seemed like a good idea, but not one he had much input about. "I suppose...I would consider how much you think continuity matters. Or keeping part of our history." He says, eyes softly raising to Sohalia for a moment, his voice gentle and without suggestion about whether or not these considerations mattered. "But...the Order was created by the gods themselves in response to the Voice's rise. Without the Voice, what need does Stormbreak or Caido even, have for it?" Everest blinks thoughtfully, before shrugging.

"There are Wardens in Halo. Kings and Queens of Torchline, and Governors before that. The last ruler of the Greatwood was a Guardian. The Grounds once had a Queen, a King, then an Overseer and Archon. Stormbreak has always had an Eye, until Ronin. He was the Commander of the Storm." If nothing else, Everest knew his history.

'It seems to me that regions have chosen names to try and communicate the type of leadership one can expect. A warden is a defender. A guardian guards. Kings and queens rule, overseers manage, archons rule. The Eye watched, and during the war, the Commander did just that.'

Clearing his throat, the aviator considered for a moment before continuing. "My Father was the last Spyglass, and though I hope I would never have that sort of relationship with you Sohalia...that title might fit me best." A tool to be used, a lens to look through to see things differently.

Everest wants to be the Spyglass like his Dad <3
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Titles signified and symbolized multiple meanings – and from the last view of Stormbreak, there were likely better alternatives. “It should be how you want to be seen by the public,” including other lands. Kings and Queens rendered monarchies, with other connotations built within, while the Order itself had been another matter entirely. They were no longer in such grasps and tethers – and shouldn’t head back to those lines. “How do you want to lead?” She asked, with a tender, kind-hearted smile.

As for Lena’s own part, her eyes shifted downward, thinking, pondering. She didn’t possess magic to mend, but certainly knowledge. Compassion. And perhaps that counted for something. Alongside items she already possessed, and could gain more in the future. “I can be in the role of healing, or advising. Whichever you need more.”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
just you and me, dancing in a daydream; just you and me, lost in the clouds
She listened quietly to the thoughts and suggestions from each of her friends, silver eyes betraying some of the turmoil she felt at all of the pressure and decisions to be made. Still, as her friends - now her council - finished sharing their opinions, she met each of their gazes squarely. Sure, this wasn't what she had intended, nor was it necessarily what she would have chosen, if there was any other option - but she'd be damned if she wasn't going to try her best for Stormbreak. For her home.

It came to her in a flash of inspiration thanks Shark. "The Heart," she said softly. "It's in the same theme as 'the Eye,' but it's more... compassionate." She glanced between council members, checking to see if they approved. "And I gladly accept your help as Captain, Spyglass, and Advisor." She took a deep breath. "There is much to be done. I'd like to gather my thoughts, if that's alright. Let's meet again in a day or two to discuss next steps." When she would, hopefully, feel less panicked.

"Thank you all, truly. I think we can really do some good."

------

FIN! Feel free to post a closing post, I'll archive in a few days.

Soh is now the Heart of Stormbreak!
Anju is the Captain of Stormbreak.
Everest is the Spyglass of Stormbreak.
Lena is the Advisor of Stormbreak.

Thank you all! <3
Sohalia
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
And just like that, it was done.

Everest wondered if the three women gathered felt a sudden rush; a release of adrenaline or some similar chemical that would make them want to laugh or weaken their knees. Only knowing this because of things his mother had explained to him, the young aviator felt precisely nothing. Smiling for the sake of the others that they wouldn't think him uncaring or ignorant of this momentous occasion, internally Everest was already planning the sorts of things he would need to do, people to meet with, notebooks to organize that he might fulfill his role to the best of his ability.

"Congratulations."