partner in crime
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
I guess sometimes we all get
It was one of her first times going to see Ludo since she'd aged and Paige was nervous. Her fingers twitch in her pockets, fiddling with the dice that sit heavy in her linen pants, eyes shifting to and frow as she weaves amongst the crowd. Her sandals echo on the wooden planks, slapping against her soles and eventually she comes to a stop in front of the shrine, dropping to her knees. "Got a new game I thought you might like, Ludo. Liar's Dice they call it... Apparently pirates love to play and bet all kinds of things when they do." She explains, setting out two cups and splitting the dice between them as she sits cross legged, waiting for the spooky rags to appear.

"Figured we could play and I might ask you about something." Paige gives her cup a shake and then slams it on the dock.
Some kind of haunted
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
"Do all liars keep dice?" Ludo wonders, its voice seeming to come from the statue in particular, though as Paige reaches out to give her cup a shakey-shake, the one next to it will also seem to do the same. "How does one play, to be a liar with dice?"

For a moment it will appear as if the statue has grown a big, raggedy cloak, but soon enough the deity appears clinging around it, masked face peeping over the shoulder of the figure. "You may ask me whatever you want, if you win," it challenges, the mask appearing to grin.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige
"Only the good ones." Paige replies, a grin curling on her lips as the challenge is set and she doesn't hesitate to meet eyes of the mask. "It's simple... We shake our cups and slam them down so the dice are covered. You can look at your number and either be honest or lie about it. If you trick the other player, you win." It was a silly game, one that required you to simply have good luck and a hell of a lot of confidence.

Something Paige had in leaps and bounds. The girl never letting her own self assurance falter for a second. The Attuned gives her cup another good shake, slamming it down onto the dock so her dice are covered. She takes a quick look, counting the numbers in her head. "Eighteen." Paige declares, arching a brow as she waits for Ludo to take its own turn.
Some kind of haunted
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Ludo
"That seems simple enough," Ludo says with a bob of its masked head, and though it remains coiled and draped around the statue, its own cup continues to shake of its own accord. Once Paige has slammed hers down and declared her number, Ludo does the same, the cup tilting so it might take a sneaky peek at the numbers.

"Fifty-two," it announces proudly. The thing with gods is that Ludo might easily be able to multiply the number of dice under the cup to make the number fit. It might also be able to make Paige's dice disappear. Or maybe it's just lying. Who knows, really?
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
Paige scoffs lightly, knowing that with the traditional rules of the game it couldn't actually make fifty-two. Except Ludo wasn't one to play by traditional rules. Nor did she think he wouldn't cheat so he could win. "Alright, lets see it then. Not sure I believe you." Her tone is lightly accusatory, the way a kid's is, full of playfulness and no real irritation. She lifts up her own cup, revealing her six dice, and an array of numbers that makes up twenty-two.

"Higher than eighteen. I might have you beat." If it didn't cheat, of course. Not that it really mattered. It might still let her ask her question if she let it win.
Some kind of haunted
Spooky Rags

Change author:
Ludo
"I do not lose at games," Ludo announces proudly, lifting its own cup. Beneath, instead of dice, fifty-two black pearls spill out, as if freshly drawn from the churning waves behind them. "Ta daaa," it says, clapping its raggedy tendrils together and gathering up both cups (and Paige's dice) to sneak them away into the void beneath its raggy body.

"That was fun. What did you want?" it inquires, starting to arrange the pearls into what looks suspiciously like a smiley face, only if Paige tries to look at it from her angle, it will appear to be frowning instead.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
"Clearly not. Silly of me to doubt you." Paige laughed, amused by the antics of the floating rags ahead of her. She expected nothing less from them and wasn't at all surprised by the outcome. They took her cup and her dice both, hiding them away in the dark folds of their rags and she said a silent goodbye to them in her mind before turning her attention back to their white mask and the pearls it begins to arrange.

"A weapon. I'm thinking like a flaming short sword or a quarterstaff that can make people hallucinate when hit in the head." Her shoulders lift in a shrug as she waits for Ludo's thoughts on the matter. She'd be happy with any of them.

Paige is requesting a magical weapon quest!
Some kind of haunted
Spooky Rags

Change author:
Ludo
It is silly, isn't it. And luckily Paige doesn't seem all that picky about her choice of weapon, because Ludo hears flaming sword and no other item will be entertained. With its rags almost seeming to buzz at the prospect, it nods its masked head and swipes the pearls away into the ocean for sailors and children to find at a later date.

"Very well," it says. "A fiery sword for you. Be careful not to get burned!" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Paige has received a quest! She must:

1. Complete a thread building a bonfire and keeping it alive throughout the night. The bonfire must still be producing flames by dawn.
2. Complete a thread collecting the ashes from the bonfire in thread 1., then combine them with a mix of fresh and saltwater.
3. Complete a thread mining some ore from The Climb. (It can be whatever kind of ore you like!)
4. Complete a thread capturing a lava wyrm and bring it with you to the quest turn in. (It has to be alive).