On a Tether
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Age: 21 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Zeus has crafted you from clay and gold
Her father would surely have a heart attack if he knew this was how she was choosing to spend her day, but as Soleil had explored the footpaths of the outer edge of Stormbreak, she had happened across a wildly delightful business venture.

Bungee jumping.

There are plentiful signs describing the safety measures that had been rigorously tested and updated, but Soleil admittedly had read none of them. She had seen solo and duo jumpers in two different harness styles throwing themselves screeching and screaming off cliffs only to bounce back into view and had immediately been sold.

Now she just has to wait for her turn. The two lines are sometimes snagged from by the workers who ask solo jumpers if they want to pair up to get through faster, and Soleil seems to be targeted for that exact reason. "Mind being paired?" they ask, and Sol shoots an energetic grin their way. "Yeah, let's do it!" They pull her out of the line and deposit her straight into the pairs, abandoning her immediately after beside whomever she has been matched up with. She turns to look at her new partner for the next few minutes with a curious, far too relaxed expression. "Have you ever done this before?"
Such a lovely, pretty hand to hold - if you had the time
Soleil
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 7 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1425
Ellyra
We made plans to kiss the sun at night
Hopeless dreamers, hopeless types
Ellyra was going to fly one day, after all, so why not experience it now, before Safrin blessed her with the ability?

The young woman was nearly vibrating with the energy she felt as she listened to the instructions and watched person after person, some alone and some with partners, send themselves careening over the side only to experience all of the adrenaline they could before being safely brought up. She couldn't wipe the smile from her face as one of the men made eye contact with her and gestured to the stranger she was standing (read: bouncing) next to. The lioness could only muster a squeal of agreement before she found herself face to face, nearly nose to nose, with her new partner.

"Not once." Ellyra said, her nerves a bundled coil beneath her breast ready to spring and explode within her. The way her face grinned madly and her eyes glinted wildly was such a contrast to the way the curly-haired girl held all of her composure. Luckily for her, she didn't share the attuned bond and couldn't be barraged with Ellyra's emotions.
Shedding skin you show your beauty scars
Don't forget me or who you are
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
The woman she's paired with is practically vibrating, and Soleil's easy smile takes on an energized tinge to it immediately as she soaks in the adrenaline practically flowing off her new partner. She's very pretty, and very bouncy. Soleil loves it.

"Me neither," she confesses, breathy excitement infused this time as she empathically attunes to the stranger's excitement. The pair in front of them drop off the edge in a chorus of screams, and she edges up to the front of the line - and then grabs at Ellyra's hand without thinking once of personal space, squeezing firmly as wriggles in place. "Gods, it looks so fun!" Even if the waiting for the bouncing down below to finish and then the slow reeling back in of the ropes and safety measures are nerve wracking now that they're the ones at the front.

Coming back to herself, she remembers her manners all at once, though she doesn't drop the girl's hand unless she recoils. "Oh! I'm Soleil. I guess we should know each other's names before we jump off a cliff together huh?" Laughing brightly at the nonsense of it all and how they'd both gotten here.
Soleil
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Ellyra
Ellyra could barely contain herself as they stepped to the front of the line. Her heart pounded against her chest and she was certain that Soleil could feel it in her fingertips as the curly-haired girl grabbed her hand. Unable to remove the smile from her face -- full of electricity and flickering nerves -- the lioness giggled in anticipation.

Flashing her hazel eyes towards her partner, she gave a firm and quick nod of her head. "Yeah, good point." Ellyra guffawed. "I'm Ellyra." She squeezed Soleil's hand a few times in quick succession. She might not know it, but Ellyra claimed her. This was a moment they would share together and Ellyra wouldn't let the girl slip from her even as the excitement of the activity ended. "Let's fly!"

And then they dropped.
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Hand-in-hand and now having shared names, there’s little more to do but wait. The workers are efficient to say the least; hauling the last laid back to earth, securing them behind the railing, and divesting their multiple attachments and harnesses. Soleil and Ellyra don’t even need to drop their hands as they’re summarily suited up next, harnesses cinched tight around their thighs and safety checks executed in drawling shorthand between the workers. And then they’re at the edge.

Ellyra’s excitement is infectious, helping to keep any nerves at bay, and though Soleil doesn’t have time before they’re commanded to jump to respond her bright and shining smile says it all for her. And then they’re free-falling.

She screams the whole way down, wide-eyed and incapable of blinking as adrenaline, excitement, and instinctive fear all mingle in her chest - but it’s a good scream, a rollercoaster kind of scream, and even once they hit the bottom of the rope and bounce high she never lets go of Ellyra’s hand. They bounce and flip in dizzying bouts as the momentum of their drop wears itself out, and with each jolt wheezing laughter is pulled out of her lungs until they’re dangling in the empty space off the side of the Falling waiting to be pulled back up. “That was the best thing I’ve ever done in my life,” she gushes to her new friend, vainly pushing her curls into some manner of coherency so she can actually look at the lovely girl at her side. “Do you live here? I’d never be able to stop coming if I did!” A jolt that has them swaying makes it clear the giant mechanism is hauling them back toward the surface, but at least they have a few minutes to calm their racing hearts.
Soleil
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
"That was AWESOME!" The lioness screeched cheerfully as they settled back on solid rock. Her body still shook with the adrenaline of their endeavor, and she couldn't wipe the giant smile from her face.

"Yeah, I do." Ellyra said, her shoulders bouncing some with each word. She grabbed a pen off of the front table and someone scolded her with a watch it, now as she also grabbed a piece of paper (surely that wasn't important). Quickly, Ellyra rested the paper against her thigh and scribbled down her address for the wild haired girl. "This is my address. My door is dark green." She said, handing Soleil the paper and tossing the pen back on the table from over her shoulder. She ignored the way it clinked to the ground and the same patron that scolded her grumlbed about her manners while picking it up.

Ellyra couldn't be bothered, she was too high on all of her excitement. "Man, I have got to go back to Safrin and beg her to fly."

FIN