i can still hear you
For Jude and Frey <3
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230

How deeply are you sleeping or are you still awake?
A good friend told me you've been staying out so late
This day had been a long time coming. They'd planned to visit the shrine after they'd gotten their earrings made, but they'd gotten sidetracked that day. Soh had planned to return a few days later, but then she'd been attacked in Stormbreak, and so their plans had gotten pushed back even further. She'd avoided Jude for a couple of weeks, afraid to tell him what had happened and not wanting to burden him with her problems. And then he'd found Maeve, and she'd come running, and now they were dating, and here they were at the shrine.

A lot has happened, okay?

The Rainbow Road was not unfamiliar to Soh, but she'd never been to the shrine before, and she let Jude lead the way, her hand tucked into his, until they stood before it. The colors of the Road were so much more vivid at the shrine, and for a moment, Soh could only stand in awe to watch they way they swirled. It didn't take her long, though, to remember herself, and she smiled at Jude before releasing his hand and digging in her bag for the peaches she'd brought as an offering. Thanks, Jata, she thought silently to herself as she placed the fruit just so on the shrine.

Feeling a little silly and more than a little unsure of herself, she swallowed hard. "Um, hi, Frey," she said to the air, glancing at Jude a little sheepishly. "I don't... really know how this works, but we wanted to ask if you could help us with something, if you have time?"

------

Soh and Jude for nature Frey! Could we try her luck first, and then if she doesn't roll for Frey, I'd like to use my Character of the Season pass please!
Be careful, oh, my darling, oh, be careful what it takes
From what I've seen so far, the good ones always seem to break
Sohalia
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747

And it's peaceful in the deep
Because either way you cannot breathe
Things seem to always happen quickly in their lives, so it should be no surprise that so much has changed between mining the rubies and standing before the shrine. Jude has nominally more experience with shrines because frankly he was ten the last time he actively called upon a god. At least it's the same herald?

Still, he can tell Sohalia is nervous, so he makes sure any of his own reservations are deeply hidden as he guides her through the Rainbow Road to Frey's shrine. Luckily she isn't completely new to the idea of heralds, having come with a fitting gift - though, as his mother's son, he can't help but smile because it would likely have been better for sex Frey - and saying her prayer aloud. Jude uses his free hand to pull out and place his own offering of a hand painted pinecone and a small blown glass bird with an array of colors inside. More artistic perhaps, but he'd spent a few hours alone painting and felt it was meaningful enough.

"We'd like to turn our earrings into two-way communication devices," he clarifies prematurely, just so they don't have to worry about wasting Frey's precious time. He may have time to linger when his mother is at his side, but those privileges were reserved for only those visits.
No need to pray
No need to speak
Jude

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
A sweet, refreshing breeze blows across the Rainbow Road, catching in Sohalia's hair and tickling along the back of Jude's neck. Sweeping up a few leaves and petals in its wake, they flutter and swirl around the shrine, where Frey themselves seems to bloom up from the stones. "You two are cute as buttons, aren't you?" they say in a voice like honey and whiskey, smiling between them. "Are you sure it was this side of me that you wanted?"

Jude clarifies, however, and Frey listens, nodding gently and reaching out to brush their fingers across the hand blown bird. They can't create life and make it real - that's Vi's job - but they can admire it all the same. "Two-way communication is a little much all at once," they apologise, "but I can certainly get you started. How does this sound...?"

Soh failed her roll and so her COTS pass has been used! She has received the following quest from Frey:

1. Complete a thread catching a Whisper Fish. You may release the fish afterwards if you like.
2. Complete a training thread without speaking verbally to your opponent. Hand gestures, etc. are allowed.
3. Complete a thread mining ore from the Climb - the type of ore is up to you, but you must bring it to Frey at the end of the quest.
4. Complete a thread where both participants only communicate via whispering.

She will receive:

HEARings (1 & 2) | A pair of earrings that, when worn by two individuals, allows communication between them. Communication is only one way (i.e. HEARing 1 may speak and HEARing 2 may hear, but cannot respond)
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230

How deeply are you sleeping or are you still awake?
A good friend told me you've been staying out so late
They waited for brief moments that seemed much longer, Soh holding her breath as she considered what meeting a deity would be like. When she felt the first fingers of the breeze catching in her hair, goosebumps rose along her arms, and she watched with a gleeful sort of awe as Frey took form before them, their form rising from the stones of the shrine. For a moment, Soh was rendered speechless; then she blushed as the herald seemed to tease her for her choice of offering. Flora had tried to warn her, but she hadn't had any better ideas.

In any case, Frey seemed to be very kind, and almost apologetic as they denied the pair's original request, instead offering a one-way communication device. Though it wasn't exactly what they'd had in mind, she was grateful all the same. That Frey had come to see them at all was incredible; they they were offering any kind of prize for their quest was priceless. "We will do as you ask. Thank you," she said with feeling.
Be careful, oh, my darling, oh, be careful what it takes
From what I've seen so far, the good ones always seem to break
Sohalia
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747

And it's peaceful in the deep
Because either way you cannot breathe
Jude is not at all daunted by the idea of Sex Frey in theory given his mother's everything, but it still makes his cheeks go red when Frey brings it up. Given how little both of them have been inclined to anything sexual it is a flustering suggestion, though the compliment will surely stick with him forever. It's not often a literal god calls you and your partner cute.

Jude can tell Sohalia is both grateful if a bit disappointed, so he bumps their shoulders together with a smile. "We can always quest a second time to make them two-way, right?" Or at least that's how he understands it. Smiling at Frey, Jude commits each task to memory and revels in the chance for Sohalia to meet a herald. "Thank you for your help Frey. We'll be back soon." Surely neither of them would want to dawdle now that it's within reach!

- Fin!
No need to pray
No need to speak
Jude