Personal Quest His Dying Wish
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Roana's expression fell as soon as he began to speak. Not in a sad way - she was angry. Livid Her lips pressed together in a thin, hard line, blue eyes ablaze with steely anger. Unlike some women though, Roana did not get 'cuter' with anger, she became more intimidating. More severe. She seemed to grow taller even, and whatever pliability she had to bend towards understanding his cause had gone rigid. Whatever respect Ronin may have had for Rory was lost on Roana.

But unlike some of her companions she did not move forward. Not yet.

A hand shot out, grabbing Edrei's wrist as she advanced on the Natural man. "Edrei." she said quietly, but with a clear undertone of command. You didn't have to yell to control afterall, especially not the well trained. It wasn't a rebuke though, just a check. A quick reminder to mind her emotions. Wars were sparked over kinder words and actions after all. She would have done the same to Ashetta, but a quick glance made it clear that her mother's retreat would keep her in line - no real surprise there, Vai was clearly not a woman to cross.

But still she let them all say their piece, Ashetta and Vai leaving, Are stuttering helplessly, Edrei still by her side in true Launceleyn fashion (they wouldn't back down unless ordered to or they died, and in the case of the latter they could still pose a threat in some instances).

"I wish I could say that they do not speak for me, but they do and do well." Roana said in a low tone. "What you forget is that we have lost a friend too, and unlike yours, he is not coming back." she said, darkly. Edrei might feel the slight tremble in her hand as she held her arm, restraining not just Edrei, but herself as well. It was a rare person that could take a direct punch to the face from this former Captain after all. "And unlike you, in our grief we do not stall, we do not hesitate, we do."

"Don't try and discuss the hardships you and your compatriots face as if we could not understand. You know nothing of what these people have seen and been through. These are people who were born to war and raised in bloodshed. Furthermore our suffering was not because of monsters which are easy to despise for what they are, but humans - humans who would kill your children, flatten your homes, raze your fields because you wear teal and not purple. Humans that will laugh as they terrorize innocent bystanders before slaughtering like cattle, humans that despite all of that you can still look in the eye and empathize with as you slit their throats because one of you has to leave orphans and widows and crying mothers behind, and you know whoever lives ultimately descends into maddening darkness as your dreams replay that moment repeatedly until you meet the same blissful fate." Ask she spoke, Roana stepped forward, releasing Edrei as she came to stand toe to toe with Rory, her height keeping her eye to glaring eye with him, tone lowering to a near hiss.

"Ronin had fought many monsters before coming here defending our people, just like the rest of us, and your Spire Demon hardly qualified as one of them. Because, Rory, the real monsters look like you - pitiful excuses for humans who are willing to watch and criticize as people die in wars they started because they were afraid."

For a moment she just stood there, letting that point sink in. Rory was the one causing conflict. Rory was the one that organized a mob. Rory was the one taking offense and acting rashly about that which he didn't understand, letting his fear guide him to a division rather than to unification. Then she turned back towards Edrei, Rory not even being worth the caution of not turning her back on. He was exactly what Edrei had called him. Weak. Scared. A child. She walked back to Edrei's side, standing shoulder to shoulder with her but in the opposite direction. "Gather more people willing to fight. This ends one of two ways, a unified effort to enter the Spire or war to make it happen. I can count on a Launceleyn to make certain we are prepared for whatever the Naturals bring to our doorstep, correct?" she said in a clipped whisper so only the young woman could here.

This was not what Ronin would have wanted, but their hand was being forced. It was unfortunate, but she would not see them unprepared.
Roana
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

Messages In This Thread
His Dying Wish - by Roana - 03-20-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: His Dying Wish - by Are - 03-20-2019, 07:50 AM
RE: His Dying Wish - by Edrei - 03-20-2019, 05:31 PM
RE: His Dying Wish - by Vervain - 03-21-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: His Dying Wish - by Ashetta - 03-22-2019, 02:36 AM
RE: His Dying Wish - by Roana - 03-22-2019, 12:11 PM