nothing's ever free
For Harper <3
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There but for the grace of the gods go I
George had never really been inside the Court of the Stars. It wasn't the kind of place a thief tended to linger in, after all. But he'd always been curious what lay inside, and the recent return of a certain former queen had presented an opportunity.

He walked into the courthouse with a gift basket in hand, looking around with interest. The basket contained an assortment of teas, a jar of honey, a cozy throw blanket, some candles, and various bits and bobs that seemed like they'd belong. He'd put it together of his own accord, taking the initiative to explore a bit of Torchline that had always seemed a bit out of reach - and perhaps currying some royal favor, to boot.

But despite his desire to wander the halls, acting as if he totally belonged, thank you very much, he didn't think that was a wise idea. It'd be suspicious, for one, and if there was one thing he'd learned as a thief, it was that if you looked suspicious, then you didn't tend to get much thieving done. Instead, he looked into the nearest open door to find a man who looked vaguely familiar - and since he was in the courthouse and not a Mer, George concluded that this must be the new King of Torchline - Harper.

"Excuse me," he drawled, knocking on the door with a crooked smile. "Is there somewhere I can leave a gift basket for the former Queen Maeve?"
And when you kiss me, I am happy enough to die
George
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747

People have left endless amounts of gifts, and Harper hadn't begrudged the receptionist leaving early once the desk had practically flooded with offerings and well-wishes, even if it meant having to pick up the slack in her absence. The door that leads to the inner sanctum of his home - and now Maeve's once more since she has returned and is recovering - is uncharacteristically open as Harper shepherds gifts inside in waves. He has just set down a new tea kettle in the kitchen when he hears a masculine voice calling from the doorway, making him lift his head and crane towards the entry despite knowing he can't see from that angle.

Emerging clearly frazzled but with a genial smile, Harper closes the distance between them. George is a vaguely familiar face, but most native Torchers fall in that category given how active and constantly patrolling he was as a councilman before his election. "Hey, that would be me. Sorry, the receptionist threw in the towel for the day." Not that he can blame her given the amount of times he has already been interrupted. Glancing down at the neatly organized basket, he makes a general motion of taking it without actually touching it yet. "She's resting right now, but I'm bringing in all the gifts for her to open when she wakes up. Want me to take it?" A few people have asked to be able to hand it off directly, so he waits to see if the man will decide on that course of action instead before proceeding. "Oh! I'm Harper, by the way." No sense in forgetting his manners - or worse, assuming people know him. That kind of arrogance is not even remotely in his wheelhouse.
Harper
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There but for the grace of the gods go I
The man who greeted George appeared frazzled despite the warm smile on his face, and George resisted the urge to raise a brow at their new king. He knew of Harper, even if he didn't know the man personally, and he hadn't been expecting him to look so... worn. For a moment, George felt a little bad for Harper - he had a lot on his shoulders, it seemed, especially after the rather tenuous vote for leadership. And then to have their former queen reappear, after all this time... well, George didn't envy the other man, that was for sure.

"That'd be great," he said, handing over the gift basket with an easy smile that betrayed none of the pity he felt for their new co-ruler. "I hope she's doing well." It was true; he wished no one any ill will, and he genuinely hoped that the gift basket was well-received. He just also conveniently hoped that bringing it would provide him with an opportunity to steal something useful.

"I'm George," he said by way of introduction. "If your receptionist is gone for the day, is there anything I can do to help? It seems a little busy, if you don't mind my saying so." And by 'help,' of course, he meant 'scope out the Court of the Stars,' but Harper didn't need to know that.
And when you kiss me, I am happy enough to die
George