Sacred Flames
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Edy
#nofilter

Though Edy was listening, she wasn't quite believing. It all sounded so ... well she couldn't quite aptly describe it since the concept was so utterly foreign. So instead of trying to parse out the complexities of her feelings, she simply shrugged her shoulders and said, "Sounds dumb."

Speaking of sounds though..

Edy's dark eyes turned to the torch the doctor held, which had started to smoke. Instead of worrying about it as she likely should have, the teenager yawned. Placing a hand above her mouth to stifle the gesture, she watched the billowing patterns dance in the air. The sound of rushing water was so intensely calming that Edy felt her posture slouch significantly.

"Sorry, what?" Edy asked distractedly, stifling another yawn with the back of her hand.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

While 'dumb' wasn't the word Isla would have used, it certainly didn't sound practical. And the medic would have said as much if things hadn't suddenly become so deliciously hazy, or if she didn't feel so warm and cradled and happy inside the temple. Had it always been so comforting in here? Or maybe she had just been much more tired than she'd thought. This was all very strange... and while some part of her fought to make sense of it, to shake it off, to think, it just didn't actually seem worth it.

"Mm... I don't think it was important," Isla murmured, rubbing at her forehead and blinking blearily around them. Aha! Nearby was an obscenely comfortable looking alcove, with a convenient sconce to put the torch in. Maybe they could sit and talk?

"Let's take a break for a little bit?" she suggested, her feet already taking her to the alcove. Placing the torch in the wall, Isla slouched down onto the ground and patted the space beside her for Edy.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

"What wasn't important?" Edy murmured dumbly, already having forgotten that she'd asked the doctor for clarification. As the blonde moved towards the alcove, Edy could practically feeling her body sighing in relief. Yes the teenager enjoyed sleep, but she usually was able to fend it off until more appropriate times.

Just now though...

She was suddenly..

...so...

Slumping down next to Isla in a heap, Edy's youthful frame all but leaned against the doctor's for support. Lolling her head on Isla's shoulder, she let her eyes almost drunkly peer up and around the room. "Guess we–" Opening her mouth and yawning widely, Edy let her eyes fall shut for a moment, before forcing them open again. "–didn't find anyone huh."

That should have mattered. Why did it matter? It had something to do with?

With the fire?

But Fire ... heat ... warm ... sleep.

"Mmm.." Edy mumbled as her eyes slid shut again. All she could smell as c

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

If Isla minded one bit that Edrei slumped to loll against her, she didn't show it. Heck, even if she had minded, she was hardly in a position to do anything about it. Putting the torch in a sconce and lessening the proximity to the smoke helped, a little, but it was far too late to bring her around. Like the other woman nestled against her, Isla was out like a light in moments.

When she awoke, the torch was out and it was pitch black. She felt warmth around her, but the Temple beyond was freezing. Night had fallen, and the sound of rain lashed against the windows. "...Edrei?" Isla whispered.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

"Five more min..ut..ssss....” Edy slurred, her arms tangling around one of Isla’s in silent sleep protest. Snuggling against the doctor’s shoulder, the teenager tried to sink back into sleep, but now that her senses had been mildly roused, the biting chill in the air pinched angrily at her exposed skin.

”Wha–“ Edy murmured, opening her eyes and blinking into the darkness. She could feel Isla against her, and though they were both now clearly awake, the Launceleyn only sat up slightly. “Gee doc, and here I thought you wanted to explore, not hav

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

The heat of Edrei against her compared with the chill of the Temple caused a shiver to run through Isla. She blinked a few times, trying to let her eyes adjust to this sudden change, and luckily the Launceleyn beside her seemed to come around soon enough. And nothing had lumbered out of the darkness yet to attack them (though why it would was utterly ridiculous in itself, and her logical mind scolded her for being so childish). "I did want to explore," she agreed, sounding distant and confused and sitting up further. Her back and legs ached acutely, and her muscles were bunched and sore with cold. She let out a long breath.

"Edrei, I don't remember falling asleep. Or... sitting down, even. I remember there was a sound like... like rushing water? Did you hear it?" Here the medic tried to get herself on her feet, tugging the other woman with her and not liking this more and more as time went on.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

Oh right. Exploring. That’s what they had been doing. Right.

Prayers. Ceiling. Lantern.

Got it.

Watching with greedy dark eyes, Edy let her eyes trail along Isla’s back as she stretched. When the blonde mentioned something about rushing water, Edy could only shrug and yawn. “Yeah I think so...I just remember being tired all of a sudden.” With another lazy yawn, the teenager cocked her head. “So what? I mean, does anyone really remember falling asleep?” Perhaps it was still her drowzy state, but none of this seemed particularly surprising to Edy.

Obviously it should have.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

"People don't usually remember falling alseep, but they usually remember wanting to sit down and do so," Isla murmured, reaching out to catch Edy's hand if she would allow (though was there really ever any doubt?) and feeling her way through the pitch blackness towards the entrance to the alcove. Here she found the sconce with the remnants of the torch in it - it still felt curiously warm as she plucked it up. Not that it did much for the lighting situation.

"I don't suppose you can create fire still?" she asked the other woman, glancing over her shoulder blind and slowly heading back out into the temple proper. Here it was a little easier to see, given the glow of the rain and night beyond the high windows. Isla shivered again - she wanted more than ever to get out of here now.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

Happily the teenager allowed the pretty doctor to take her hand, even offering a warm squeeze in response. Despite the bizarre situation unfolding around them, Edy was still more than pleased by the physical contact.

Directing her gaze towards the faint outlines of the torch, Edy’s face flushed slightly; something hidden thankfully by the dark. ”Err–“ Edy murmured, looking sceptically at the flame-less torch. The wellspring of her magic felt entirely absent just now; without an actual flame present to manipulate, it seemed whatever new ability this was of Edy’s was completely inert. “I don’t think so.” Edy replied flatly, her lips twitching with displeasure.

“But I”m sure we can make our way out. It was just a big open room, right?” Honestly, how hard could it be.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
"A shame," Isla murmured, flashing Edy a sympathetic smile that the other woman almost definitely wouldn't see. The ability to create a light right now would have been ideal. Still, the Launceleyn had a good point, and the doctor hummed her agreement."I was more concerned that we might walk into something," she admitted. Like a large standing candelabra, or a bench, or something else. It was with a decent amount of caution that Isla led them back down the length of the Temple, gently squeezing Edy's hand back, the snuffed out torch held aloft as though it might still hold some light.

Eventually (and it seemed like a lot longer than it likely was), they fumbled their way to the anteroom, which was still littered with candles and tealights to let Northaveners know that the place was open and available for shelter. "Well, exciting as that was, I think I'll wait until more people are about before I go exploring any further." She laughed softly.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter
At one point Edy took her hand from the doctor to pretend to look at something, or touch something, or just do something that required her hand. She wasn't doing anything at all actually, and after a moment she very intentionally bumped into Isla. "Ooops." Edy all but purred, the amusement and flirtatiousness evident in her voice as her hand trailed absently down Isla's back to try and find her hand again.

Grunting in neither agreement nor disagreement, Edy flashed the medic a grin. "And get a good nights sleep, apparently."

Waggling her once broken fingers towards Isla now that they were in the light, the teenager offered a wink before heading towards one of the big ornate doors. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around. It's a big and dangerous world out there." She cackled, though her words were more than sincere.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

Oops, indeed. Isla rolled her eyes playfully, but she was grinning through the werelight at Edy as she very intentionally put her hand back in the other woman's. The Launceleyn was a menace that she was very quickly beginning to consider a friend. They arrived, at last and safely at the entrance of the Temple.

"Well, if I ever want a good nap, I'll be sure to come back here. And in the nicest way possible, Edy, I hope I'm not seeing you in the infirmary too soon. If you know what I mean." She laughed, though they were in agreement about the big and dangerous state of the world out there.

Still holding the sconce, Isla would let Edy go so she could examine it further before she followed. The medic raised a hand to wave to her. "Goodnight - again." She called, smiling.