at tea time, everybody agrees
for Soh <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The Nightshade had looked over the simple letter multiple times, studying the looping curvature of the letters, and making note of the word choice. Despite the fact that she didn't hold the throne of Torchline anymore, Harper made sure that she still had access to her garden, not baring her from any part of the Court. It was, after all, her home. Their home.

In the time since returning home, the Nightshade's strength had slowly returned and she was much improved since Jude brought her home earlier this season. Still, her recovery shows in the slight hollowness of her cheeks though it does not take away from the beauty of her features. If anything it simply makes her bone structure all the more striking.

Smoothing her hands over the flowing skirt of her dress, the sheer fabric looking as if stars were caught in the gauzy layers, the Nightshade turns her attention towards the door as she waits patiently for her guest to arrive. Aidon lounges at her feet, curled in a scaly black ball, his large form barely fitting beneath her chair.
Come away little lamb come away to the slaughter
To the one appointed to see this through
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Got no plans and I've got no money
Gone are the days of milk and honey
Sohalia walked into the Court of Stars nervously, desperately trying not to fidget with her hands. She'd wanted to meet Maeve for some time now, but she'd always imagined that it would be with Jude by her side, perhaps at a dinner or something similarly casual. Not that she would be summoned to a tea with the former queen of Torchline. In the Court of Stars. By herself.

She'd been stressed all morning, despite Jude's insistence that she would be fine. She'd changed her outfit a dozen times before she was satisfied with it: a white blouse and a red skirt that hung to her calves, matching the ruby earrings hanging from her earlobes. They were the same earrings she'd made with Jude, earlier in the season; she rarely took them off, and she desperately wanted even a small piece of him with her just now.

She entered the garden - a lovely place, really, though she wasn't in the space to truly appreciate it just now - to find Maeve waiting for her, seated regally with a black dragon at her feet. It all felt oddly formal, and although Soh had always been a girl with impeccable manners, she felt entirely out of her element. Still, she smiled brightly - if a tad nervously - at Maeve as she entered the garden. "Hello!" she said, approaching the area where the former queen sat. "It's so nice to finally meet you!"
Green eyes and a head of gold
I'll give you two dollars if you save my soul
Sohalia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Aidon's head lifts first, purple eyes blinking lazily towards Soh as she enters, but he quickly drops his head back down onto his large claws. Maeve, however, doesn't lose interest nearly as fast. She stands smoothly, stepping away from the table to greet the young woman, "And you as well. Jude has told me so much about you." In the days following her return, when she'd been well enough for him to finally catch her up on all that had been happening in his life. It was then that the Nightshade decided that she would have to meet the young woman who had seemed to capture her son's heart for herself.

Offering her a soft smile, she takes her by the shoulders, holding her at arms length, "Let me get a good look at you..." She hums, gently turning her this way and that as she examines her features. It was plain to see how her beauty might of caught Jude's eye, but Maeve highly doubted that was the only thing.

"How silly of me to forget myself... I'm Maeve, but I'm sure you already knew that." The Nightshade releases her and motions to the table, already moving to reclaim her own seat. "Please, have a seat."
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Maeve stood to greet her, poised and regal, and Soh clasped her hands before her to resist the urge to clench them in her skirt. "I've heard a lot about you, too," she said as Maeve came closer, smiling fondly at the memory. Maeve had been one of the first things that she and Jude had ever talked about, one of the first things that had drawn them together. Their shared experience of losing a loved one had cemented their friendship - and now look where they were. It was strange to think that she had Maeve to thank, even though she'd been nowhere around, but Soh felt a certain gratefulness to the beautiful woman before her. It left her even more awestruck than she would have been anyway, meeting Jude's maman.

Her smile turned shy as Maeve took a good look at her, but she willingly twisted this way and that, a soft giggle falling from her lips as she was examined. She wasn't sure what to say, for a moment, but she gladly took the seat that Maeve indicated, spreading her skirt neatly around her and crossing her legs at the ankles. She'd always had a certain amount of grace and poise, but she really wanted to impress Maeve. Not just for Jude, but for herself. "Thank you for your invitation," she said. "I've been so excited to meet you. How are you feeling?" Hopefully her visit today wasn't putting too much strain on the former queen. She certainly didn't want to cause Maeve any discomfort or pain.
Sohalia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The Nightshade didn't stop her own quiet amusement from rising as Soh giggled at her playful examination, "It's rather easy to see why my son is taken with you. You have a lovely smile." She complimented easily, recognizing beauty and not being shy about complimenting it. This had been her job for many years and was her job once more. If Sohalia had been anyone else, the Nightshade might have been inclined to try and have her work at the Halenani as one of her serving girls, but she wasn't just some girl. No, she was special to her Jude and thus important to her.

Taking a seat, Maeve delicately takes up the tea pot, pouring them both a cup and leaving room for cream and sugar. "You're quite welcome. I've looked forward to meeting you as well once Jude told me about you." She sets the pot back down with a soft clink, the china rattle slightly as she goes about fixing her tea to her liking. "I'm feeling much better now that I'm home. The healers were able to treat me and my strength returns a bit more each day." And thus their lives back to a semblance of normalcy.

"The tea is lavender infused, I hope that's okay. It's my own special blend I make myself. Would you like cream or sugar?" The Nightshade asks, arching a dark brow as she waits, creamer poised above Soh's cup.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Soh had always been shy with compliments. It wasn't that she thought she was unattractive - she had always liked what she saw when she looked in the mirror - but she was unaware of just how beautiful she actually was. Hers was a beauty that went more than skin-deep, augmented by her bright and sunny personality. So when Maeve complimented her smile, that smile only grew, pleased by the former queen's approval. "Thank you," she said quietly. Of course, Jude wasn't the only one who was taken by the other - Soh was rather smitten as well.

But she wasn't sure how to express that elegantly, so she simply sat and watched as Maeve poured each of them some tea, trying not to fidget nervously. So far, things seemed to be going well; Maeve seemed kind, if a bit formal, and Soh was relieved enough that she began to relax in the older woman's presence. "I'm glad to hear it," said Soh with a bright smile. And she was - Jude must be so happy, and since Maeve meant so much to him, Soh was inclined to share in that relief.

Soh was immediately intrigued by the tea, having rather a fondness for various blends herself. "It sounds wonderful!" she said, her eyes sparking with interest. For a moment, she forgot herself. "How do you make it? How do you infuse the lavender?" she asked eagerly. Then, remembering where she was, she blushed slightly. "I'm sorry - cream and sugar, please."
Sohalia