tempt my trouble
For Koa
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Online
Change author:
MP: 2580
Koa
I'm the king, and you're the queen
and we will stumble through heaven
All of Koa's composure goes out the window as a bundle of fur and feathers launches itself out of Soh's arms, causing a cascade of mess as papers are strewn and claws skitter on wood. He stares dumbfounded for half a second, then bursts out in a peal of laughter that's punctuated by "Ow!" as Pipsqueak, naturally, decides to join the fun, yeeting herself off of his shoulders and down to join the griffin. She presses herself low on the desktop, long tail raised and waving in greeting, head raised to take in his scent. It's a uniquely curious-but-maybe-hostile display that epitomizes the catsnake, and Koa decides to leave her to it, figuring that if she hasn't attempted outright murder yet it's probably safe.

So he turns his sunny smile back to Soh. "I think she likes him," the boy says, tilting his chin to the posturing companions. "Tarak. I haven't seen many griffins before. Didn't expect them to be so.... colorful?" He reaches to brush his fingers on hers as she takes the flowers, a little uneasy when she pulls away too fast. His hands now empty and strangely cold, he shoves them in his pockets, uncertainty dampening his eager grin. "Seems like you've been awful busy. Congratulations, by the way."

It's not quite going the way he pictured. Koa would have anticipated he'd have her in his arms by now, but there's an odd, poignant distance between them, filled with things he doesn't know. "Torchline was great, but I had to come back early." He's looking at the companions again, his hand rubbing nervously on the back of his neck. He's losing his nerve, he's losing control, and he feels like he's losing her.

So he decides to take back the narrative. Better out than in. "Soh... I'm glad you wrote me. There's something I was hoping to talk to you about." He takes a step towards her, his expression soft, uncharacteristically insecure. "I know we haven't known each other super long, but... I really missed you, when you were gone." Copper eyes look back to her face, trying to capture silver, to say the things he cannot bring to express with his lips.
If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes
I know you wanna go to heaven, but you're human tonight
{/code}

Messages In This Thread
tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-24-2023, 01:44 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-25-2023, 03:39 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-25-2023, 03:58 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-25-2023, 04:30 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-25-2023, 04:47 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-26-2023, 02:33 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-26-2023, 10:27 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-26-2023, 10:51 PM