a matter of perspective
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3601
there will be scrapes and sutures; viciousness and victory
"Please, just call me Ronin," he says with a rumbling laugh, waving Koa off as if embarrassed. "But sure, of course. Just name a time and place and I'll be there. And when you do renovate the Needle, I'll definitely come and check it out." It would be nice to see the place with a less brutal purpose, he thinks.

Another laugh escapes his lips at Koa's point, the Supernova shrugging and sinking back against the bench. "I happen to have spent my entire life punching real good until Safrin chose me," he informs him. "It's been a long time since I really practiced boxing or other hand-to-hand combat. It would be nice to go back to my roots."
RONIN
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
"The renovations are nearly done, just a few more things to wrap up!" Like the damn PQ. Koa's pet project is rather near completion, and the lad practically vibrates with enthusiasm. Another step in reaffirming the legitimacy of the Dragoons.

The young man mirror's Ronin's movements, leaning comfortably against the bench. "I can only aspire to one day punch so well a god takes notice," Koa laughs, shaking his head at the very notion. "Boxing is what I'm best at - though I've been trying to pick up more ranged weapons." Like the chakrams that he dug, unused, from a storage closet during the renovations. "Not that I'm exceptional or anything, but I've been known to throw hands." He doesn't mention the minor notoriety he's gained in the underground rings - it's not something he particularly wants his idol to know, that he scrapes and scraps and bloodies noses, down in the city's seedier parts.
Koa
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Smiling to himself, Ronin remembers a time where he had been equally excited about the prospect of starting a guild; just a little something of his own, with the hope of making lives better. He sincerely hopes Koa is successful - and even if he weren't already interested, if his presence would help matters, he'd sign up. "Ah, it wasn't the punching that got her attention," he says with a bashful sort of grin. "I don't know what was, actually." Maybe it had been the punching.

"I tried a bow and arrow, when I realised it was close-combat that had gotten me killed," he remembers. "Demigod magic took care of it eventually, though. Probably for the best - I wasn't very good with it." He grins. "Let me know if you want to throw hands some time, then." Little does Koa know that Ronin had also made a name for himself down in the fight clubs, once upon a time.

Maybe they'll cross each other's paths down there one day, whether intentionally or otherwise.

"For now, though, are you hungry? I could get lunch, and you're welcome to join me."
RONIN
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Here is the point where Koa might say something corny, like probably your smile, except that the thought of even playful flirting with his friend's dad makes Koa's stomach contract in uncomfortable knots. So he simply shrugs, having no idea what it takes to impress a goddess but equally unsurprised that Ronin possesses whatever that mysterious characteristic is.

"Huh." A parade of emotions goes through Koa's face: surprise, alarm, doubt, uncertainty. "Guess I should work more on my ranged skills. I would rather not die, I think." Without any supplemental demigod abilities, his own mortality is a rather pressing issue that, truth be told, the sheltered soldier hasn't really dwelt on all that much.

There is no way he's not going to join for lunch. More opportunities to pick Ronin's brain? Koa is already standing up, a delightedly goofy grin dimpling his cheeks. "Totally - you have anywhere in mind? Or any specific kind of food? There's some Halovians who opened a spot on Water, their spiced Ningo is..." a demonstrative chef's kiss.
Koa
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Mm, I really don't recommend it," Ronin says of the whole dying thing, and it's a very rare instance where someone can give that advice having experienced death first hand. "I did end up settling on something sort of ranged, demigod abilities aside. If we do train together one day, I'll show you." One can't really go around throwing axes in the Spyglass, Ronin thinks. Not without drawing the wrong kind of attention.

"I happen to like almost any type of food. So spiced ningo sounds incredible." He grins to Koa; after all, it's been a long time since he was in Stormbreak, and while he might still be able to (mostly) find his way around, the intricacies, the restaurants, bars and boutiques are all likely to have changed. "Lead the way."

And so, following at Koa's heels, Ronin finds a little more than he bargained for coming to explore the city anew, but all of it is very much welcome.

~FIN
RONIN