[SE] Preparing Food [FIN]
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Age: 19 | Height: 5' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Sabrina Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
As the sun began to dip below the horizon, Sola found herself sitting by a small fire, a freshly caught rodent in her hands. With practiced ease, she skinned and cleaned the small creature, her movements methodical and precise. She was no stranger to the wilderness and understood the importance of a well-prepared meal.

The small rodent was quickly transformed under her skillful hands, becoming something fit for roasting. She skewered it onto a sharpened stick, then held it over the fire, the heat causing the meat to sizzle softly. The aroma of cooking meat soon filled the air, a testament to Sola's survival skills.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Ivar Offline
Change author:
Eternum watched Sola with an impressed expression, her survival skills evident in her methodical, practiced movements. As she began to roast the small rodent over the fire, the scent of the cooking meat made his stomach grumble. He gave a low chuckle at the sound, shaking his head in amusement.

"Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks you're doing a great job."

He patted his belly in jest. Reaching into his pack, he pulled out a small pouch of spices that he had brought along for the journey.

"Here, I've got something that might make that meal a little tastier."

He moved the pouch towards Sola.

"It's a mix of herbs and spices I picked up during my travels. I think it might complement the meat well."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Age: 19 | Height: 5' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Sola's gaze shifted from the small rodent skewered on a stick to Eternum's outstretched hand, her brows furrowing in surprise. She looked back at him and couldn't help the small, amused grin that tugged at her lips.

"Oh, you think I need your fancy spices, do you?" She teased, though her hand moved to take the offered pouch. "We'll see about that. I've survived just fine on my own cooking skills, thank you very much."

Despite her words, she couldn't help but appreciate the thought. She opened the pouch and took a whiff, the mix of spices hitting her senses pleasantly. With a nod, she sprinkled a decent amount onto the rodent, curiosity piqued to see how much it would enhance the flavor.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Eternum couldn't help but chuckle at her words, his eyes twinkling with mirth.

"Well, we all have to add a little spice to our life at some point, right?"

He started watching her as she sprinkled the mix onto the cooking rodent. Observing her appreciation for the spices, he felt a warmth spread through him. He was glad they had these moments of simple pleasures and shared laughter after all their hard work mining.

"I'm sure your cooking skills are top-notch. But now, let's see how they pair with the flavor of these spices. I hope it makes our meal a little more enjoyable."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
Sola shot a glance at Eternum, her grin widening at his playful banter. Taking up the other rodent, she began to prepare it with practiced ease, removing the fur and cleaning it before skewering it onto a stick. "Just watch and learn," she teased back, her fingers deftly working as she sprinkled more of the spice mix onto the new rodent. The enticing aroma wafted up, causing her stomach to growl in anticipation. "These spices do smell good, I'll give you that. Maybe you've got a knack for picking out flavors after all." She turned the rodent over the fire, its sizzling sounds mixing with their conversation in the crisp air.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum watched as Sola deftly prepared the second rodent, her skilled hands making quick work of the task. His lips curved into a smile at her words, appreciating her playful banter. The tantalizing aroma of the spices mixing with the cooking meat made his own stomach growl in anticipation.

As she turned the rodent over the fire, Eternum reached out to take the first one off the heat. Holding it carefully, he took a tentative bite, the flavors exploding in his mouth. He closed his eyes for a moment, appreciating the simple yet delicious meal.

"I honestly don’t know what spices are good or not, I simply bought some thinking they might be useful. I’m a terrible cook."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
Sola's eyes filled with amusement at Eternum's admission, and she grinned at him. "Well, lucky for you, Eternum, I'm a decent cook," she teased, flipping the second rodent on the fire.

At the thought of having extra food, Sola glanced towards the already cooked rodent and the one still sizzling over the fire. It was more than they usually had for a single meal, but after their long day, the prospect of leftovers was a comforting thought.

"Looks like we'll have leftovers," she agreed, laughing lightly. "And they say that food always tastes better the next day, right?" She gave him a playful nudge, her smile warming the cold evening. "I suppose we'll be the judge of that."
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"Well, I can't argue with that logic, but I'm not so sure about that when it comes to day-old rodent."

He took another bite from his skewer, the spices and the perfectly roasted meat combining in a symphony of flavors. He hummed in appreciation, giving Sola an approving nod.

"Although, with your skills, I might just be proven wrong."

He fell silent for a moment, his gaze focusing on the fire, the flames casting flickering shadows over his face.

"I've been thinking... maybe after this journey, I should try to improve my cooking skills. It might come in handy in the future."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
Sola burst into laughter at Eternum's comment about day-old rodent, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that," she said, grinning at him.

She watched as he savored another bite, a sense of pride swelling within her at his compliment. "Glad you're enjoying it," she murmured, turning her attention back to her own food.

At his thought of improving his cooking skills, Sola quirked an eyebrow, looking at him with a teasing smirk. "You? Cook?" she said, feigning shock. "Now that's something I'd love to see."

She took a bite of her rodent, savoring the rich flavor and spices, a content sigh escaping her lips. "Well, if you ever need lessons, I'd be more than happy to help," she offered, her tone playful yet genuine.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum chuckled at Sola's feigned surprise, shaking his head in amusement.

"You might regret that offer," he warned with a grin, taking a bite of his food.

After a moment of chewing, he swallowed and turned to face Sola, his gaze serious.

"But if you're sincere, I'd appreciate the help. I've managed so far with basic survival skills, but I wouldn't mind adding a few more to my repertoire. How about you show me how to get an animal ready for roasting? It's a skill I think would come in handy on the road. Plus, it might give you a break from playing chef every night.”
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
Sola gave a soft, mirthful chuckle at the warning. She took a sip of her drink before setting it down.

"Regret is not in my nature," she assured, the corner of her mouth quirking up in an amused smile. "I relish a challenge."

His seriousness was palpable, but she found it endearing more than anything else. She nodded in agreement, unable to suppress her smile. "I think that's a fair trade. I'd be happy to teach you. It's always good to have more hands in the kitchen. But not tonight. Let’s get this stuff cooked so we can get going first thing tomorrow morning."
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he took in her spirited stance, appreciating the fervor she carried.

"Fair enough."

He reached out to gather the remaining cooked meals. He tucked them away carefully in a cloth sack, ensuring they were secure and safe from outside elements. His movements were swift but careful, mindful of the meals he was handling.

"All set for tomorrow then."

He glanced back at Sola with a satisfied smile. The prospect of learning something new, of improving his skills, filled him with a newfound anticipation. For now, though, their priority was to rest and regain their strength for the journey ahead. And with their provisions secured, they were one step closer to that goal.
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
As Sola's relaxed, she caught sight of him tucking away the remains of their meal. There was a warmth in her chest at his actions; it was moments like these that made their journeys together all the more worthwhile. A soft, content sigh slipped past her lips as she unfurled her bedroll, placing it carefully on the ground.

Her eyes met his as she settled down, a small smile playing on her lips. "Goodnight, Eternum," she murmured, her voice soft yet carrying in the quiet night. She closed her eyes, the events of the day finally catching up to her. The sound of the crackling fire and Eternum's presence nearby lulled her into a peaceful slumber.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum watched as Sola settled into her bedroll, her soft words hanging in the crisp night air. His gaze lingered on her for a moment longer, a warmth spreading through him as he observed the peacefulness that graced her features.

"Goodnight."

He rolled out his own bedroll a small distance from the dying fire. His muscles sighed in relief as he sank into it, the fatigue of the day washing over him. The comforting crackle of the fire and the steady rhythm of Sola's breathing filled the otherwise silent night. He didn’t want to think about the rodents that he would have to eat tomorrow but it couldn’t be helped.

~FIN