(SE) never really had a way with words
Open lantern SE <3
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
"How did she try, if I may ask?" And why is not said - it simple makes sense that Safrin, that any Herald, would try to keep a demigod from a relationship with the enemy.

He tries to listen with open ears, but good gods is it hard to break through a lifetime of indoctrination just because one (admittedly epic) demigod has suggested he do. Koa is too young and too sheltered to understand the world in nuanced shades of grey, though his viewpoint has expanded in the time he's been out of Stormbreak; still, the young man bristles as all blame is laid on his gods. "And the Voice wasn't responsible?" he accuses fiercely, shaking his head in disbelief. "Without her trying to break the natural order of things, none of this would have happened."

At least they can agree on one thing, and that is that the war cost more than it should. His grip still quivering on the lantern, Koa looks back to his hands. Brows are knit together in quiet pain as he thinks of the day Stormbreak flew into the sky, of the reports of death and destruction everywhere. "Maybe if more people had been prepared, we might have lost fewer lives." Sure, Sunjata's shelter had done a lot, but what about the rest of the world?

Koa sighs, exhaling some of his tension, his shoulders rolling in a sad shrug. "I guess it doesn't matter who started the war. It happened, and people died." He sounds older than his twenty one years, a man and not a boy as he traces a dragon motif on the stained glass. "That's what I want from the Dragoons. To give people the power to protect themselves."

be love in its disrepute,
scorches the hillside and salts every root

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) never really had a way with words - by Koa - 07-24-2023, 04:01 PM