(SE) never really had a way with words
Open lantern SE <3
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Oh ok, so this is a lot.

Koa listens with an attitude that's half rapt fascination, half stunned disbelief, as Sunjata spins a tale as sordid and engrossing than anything he might have read in a paperback thriller, were he the type to read. He does his best to nod, shake his head, or widen his eyes as contextually appropriate, but there are certainly points where all the demigod gets back is a blank stare and a slightly opened mouth, brows furrowed in a clear expression of 'koa.exe has stopped working".

And he died?! "That's... a lot," Koa says finally, after a prolonged pause. He isn't sure what more to say, too befuddled and overwhelmed to offer comfort or questions. "Thanks for... for telling me all of it, though. It's good to know what really happened." Doubtless he'll have many, many questions once the information settles, but for now? For now he can only focus on finishing the structure of his lantern and try not to wonder too very hard what fucking a goddess must be like.

And then there's the Dragoons, a lifeline for our poor lad. He glances sidelong again at Sunjata, shrugging as the last frame of the lantern clicks into place (no, the construction has made no sense; yes, we're gonna just roll with it). "I think if people are willing to protect others, they should be welcome to do so," Koa says softly, chewing on his lip. "I mean - you said it. The war was about people being different, and hating each other for it." What's this? Growth? "So maybe the best way to prevent another one is to try and put our differences aside, and instead focus on keeping each other safe? That's what I want for the Dragoons, at least." So there are no more broken families. No more men like them.

be love in its disrepute,
scorches the hillside and salts every root

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) never really had a way with words - by Koa - 07-31-2023, 06:16 PM