Papercuts
Made for Loren
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
R O N I N

Just crashing wherever it was convenient? That had Ronin smiling despite himself. "I do recall," he agreed, "though I do also remember that you enjoy having space to yourself, and that everything has a place with you. I hope your work in progress completes itself soon." The former captain folded his arms across his chest; he'd seen the Launceleyns all together at the Spire, yes, and if Loren had yet to find a place he was probably staying with them. That sounded... fun? Sure, why not.

As for him... "We chose somewhere in the Domiciles. Vanya and I," he added the latter for clarification. "We looked everywhere but it doesn't seem as though any of the Hali family are here with her. And the Siren's Call, even if she did make it through, can't be close by. There's no ocean." Ronin should know - he had looked. Extensively. "It needs a lot of work, but so do most of these places. I don't know how we got here and no one from Northaven who would be capable of getting us back is around, so... I imagine we're here for the long haul."

It was a terrifying prospect in some ways - but not as much as becoming a father, apparently. Still, if Loren was to be believed (and Ronin very much wanted to believe his friend), this was only going to be a good thing. He watched with raised eyebrows as the apple simply popped into existence, Ronin grinning and catching it in his hands. Rather than biting into it himself, he slipped it into his pocket - there was someone who definitely needed it more, given their current subject of conversation.

We wasn't honestly something the former captain had expected to hear, but he was unashamedly reassured by it, nodding in agreement with Loren. "I think I can just about manage that," he said. "Thanks, Loren. It means a lot..." He didn't think that really needed saying, but still. Their friendship had been weird for a while before they'd arrived here. "Hm? No, not yet," he murmured, shaking his head. "She only told me the first night we arrived, and she'd only just found out. I'll make sure she sees someone soon." There was no room for argument in his voice - Ronin would tear the Sanctuary asunder to find a healer for Vanya, if he had to.

The appearance of the brandy and the glasses had Ronin smirking, and it was his turn to playfully nudge his friend. "Mighty fine trick you have there, magician," he said, nodding and accepting the glasses. He held them out for Loren to fill up. "Listen," he said slowly. "I don't want to get macabre, but if anything ever happened to me..." He didn't really want to finish the sentence, and sort of hoped his meaning was clear. If Ronin ever died, there were very few people he would trust to make sure his child was okay. Loren just happened to be one of them.

Messages In This Thread
Papercuts - by Ronin - 11-06-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Loren - 11-06-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Ronin - 11-06-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Loren - 11-07-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Ronin - 11-07-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Loren - 11-09-2018, 03:56 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Ronin - 11-09-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Loren - 11-14-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Ronin - 11-16-2018, 05:38 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Loren - 11-27-2018, 06:05 PM
RE: Papercuts - by Ronin - 11-28-2018, 05:34 PM