Sunjata Wrenzaok, House of Midnight
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
we're always running scared but holding knives
Surprise!

Sorry for not writing sooner. I'd make up some arbitrary reason why, but I don't think that would be fair to either of us. We both know why.

I've taken some time and space, though, and I'm feeling much better. I crossed through the Feverlands and the Oerwoud, and I've been spending some time in Torchline. Do you know, there's an island there now made entirely of bones?

Something truly unexpected happened, too. Remi came to see me a week or so ago. And he remembers me, Sunjata. I won't wax lyrical in a letter about it, but I don't have to tell you how much this means.

From Torchline, I travelled up to Stormbreak (I'll have to tell you about their brothel at some point), and took my first skyship ride across to the Greatwood. We were always banned here as Ascended, so it feels special to finally be able to explore the place. I'm writing this on the banks of the Stone Symphony. I think you'd like it here - it's peaceful.

I've only now realised how far I've travelled. It seems like a lot when writing it down! How are things with you?

Be good - and if you can't be good, be careful,
~Isla
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i was raised as a scorpion
being pulled by the moon in a high tide
Isla—
It’s so good to hear from you.

A bone island in Torchline? How strange. Might be worth a visit one day. How did you like it?

I’m glad to hear that things are going well with Remi. It’s great that you two are getting to reconnect (I assume that’s part of what you’ve done with your travels?) I hope he’s doing well as well.

Was it Molly’s you visited? I think I remember Ronin mentioning that he wanted to take me there a while back. You’ll have to tell me about it! As for the Greatwood, I did enjoy the short amounts of time I’d spent there.

It sounds like you’ve become quite the explorer, I’m so glad that you’ve gotten to have those experiences. Not too much is different over here. Traveling between Torchline and the Climb, mostly. Phoebe wishes to reconnect at Frey’s behest, so we’ve been trying to get over our differences. So far so good.

Hotaru’s spent a bit more time in between Halo and Torchline with stops to see me. It’s been nice getting a chance to start things over. Melita and I have started over again, too, with the dinner. I gave her a book of Nate’s and my fire bow. I think she appreciated the gestures. Other than that I’ve mostly been laying low.

People here do miss their medic, but I’ve assured them you haven’t disappeared and that you’ll stop by to say hello here and there. By all means, don’t feel the need to rush a visit back, it’s mostly just to placate them in the interim.

Have you seen the cloud spider silk all around? It blocked off the whole path to Meadowreach. It seems like it’s everywhere?!

Anyway, let me know what other adventures you get up to. Stay safe. (As for me, I’m always careful these days).

— Sunjata
the flood
that's why i'm broken, yeah,
am i a villain or a saint?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Yes - it's called Metacarpal Island, which I found very amusing. I liked it very much, though I'd probably be cautious if you do visit. A lot of the flora there is carnivorous; in retrospect, that explains the bones.

Remi is doing well, I think, and he's made for a great travelling companion. I thought I should get most of my exploring done before Deepfrost when it gets too cold to be out in the open! (We Ancients are delicate in the cold, so I've heard).

It was Molly's, though we were only there for a few minutes so Remi could see his son. (Don't ask). You should visit, though, in the name of research if nothing else. If I go back there, I'll be sure to take notes.

I'm glad to hear you're reconnecting with so many people, even though it's hard. None of us are meant to be alone, not even you. And I actually had the pleasure of going to tea with Hotaru! She's a wonderful person, Sunjata - you be sure to look after her, as well as the rest of your friends, of course.

I'll be sure to visit soon, I promise. There seems to be spider silk all over the place, so it might take me a bit longer to get there! As for other adventures, maybe you could help me with this one. You lived in Torchline before, right? What was it like? I'm thinking of putting down some roots here.

(No you aren't, don't lie).

~Isla
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
So you’re saying if I plan to visit, I should go as a dragon or a panther then? Bite them back, as it were? As for the cold, I think avoiding becoming an Isla-Popsicle is probably for the best.

I’m still unsure how welcome I am in Stormbreak, given… well, you know. But perhaps I should go and see.

Surprisingly, I have had a mix of loneliness and an overwhelming amount of company. It’s a strange mixture I’m not quite used to yet, but it is nice to take some time to recharge. I would say I could look out for Hotaru, but she’s always been able to hold her own. But if there’s anything she needs, she knows I’m there for her for anything. Thank you again for your perspective that night, even though I know it was difficult.

I cut through some of the silk on the Meadowreach trail, so maybe not too long of a time in between! Adventuring in Torchline, though, you know it’s still quite possibly my favorite place to be. It’s warm all year with no snow, and so long as you can get used to having sand in every bit and piece of clothing you own, you’ll get along great there. The people are good, though. Storms can get a little iffy, but I think you can manage it with the help of Flora (or me, I can always help too).

(Okay, okay, I’m careful the second time around. Sometimes I need to get a lesson through my thick skull!)

— Sunjata
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
That might be wise, yes - though if you insist, I suppose you could bite them back as your regular self. As for Stormbreak, if I was welcome there, I shouldn't imagine you would have a problem. Then again, I'm not quite so recognisable. Perhaps you can wear a wig?

I usually find that difficult things tend to be the most meaningful, so I can only say I'm equally as glad that I could help. I'm sorry you've been feeling lonely, though. I suppose it's one of those things. I feel the same, sometimes - for me it's because, for all the people, the one person I miss the most still isn't around.

If the trail is clear, maybe you'll see me sooner rather than later! Thanks for your advice about Torchline. I wonder what I would do with myself here, though. With the healing fountain, I'm not sure people have much of a need for a regular doctor.

~Isla
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It probably wouldn’t taste that good, though. As for Stormbreak, what color wig do you think would suit me best?

It’s okay, though, sometimes it helps to figure out how to go about dulling the ache again. Something I’ve admittedly put off, as you know. And yes, as you know, I feel the same in regards to the person I miss the most not being around.

You should enjoy Torchline as much as you can. And you can certainly still doctor around despite the healing fountain. You’d be surprised at the amount of people that didn’t prefer a magical type of healing. Or maybe you can start a new adventure adjacent to the doctoring?

- Sunjata
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
I feel like you should try platinum blonde - they say we have more fun, you know. You could always add some highlights if you're feeling spicy. And you'll get there, Sunjata - we both will. I'll say that travelling more has definitely helped. It's difficult to be in your own head so much when you're tired from the road and all the new things you've seen.

I'll do my best to enjoy it, then. I hear there's a lot to see under the water there now as well - maybe I'll invest in a cloud manta crystal and take a look? I'll report back if I find any pods of orca looking for someone to hang out with.

That's a good point, too. I suppose Torchline is a huge place, so it would be silly to rely solely on the healing fountain. If I think of any other adventures worth having in the meantime, though, I'll let you know.

~Isla
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
(Alongside the letter is a poorly drawn image of himself with a return of the mullet, splashed with a blonde type of watercolor)

Perhaps I should take a vacation, then. After all, with the wig I’ll be entirely unrecognizable, right?

You should definitely do that. It’s freeing to be under the water without the feeling of drowning or running out of air. Just keep an eye out for any sharks, Torchline’s how I got my scars. Though, I suppose an orca might seem like a bigger threat. (Not to say that you aren’t, of course. I know first hand that you can be.)

Keep me updated with anything else you get to explore. Have fun, Isla.

- Sunjata
the flood