Mini Event be our guest
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
The questions came hard and fast, and Soh listened with her hands clasped neatly before her. She had to admit to some surprise; she'd expected the news to have been met with more of a celebration rather than such trepidation, but then she would be the first to admit that she'd never been on the receiving end of as much distrust and hatred as had the Abandoned among them. She organized her thoughts, and then began to speak.

Deimos was the first to inquire as to how it would work, and Sah was quick to follow up to ask if there would be any restrictions. "The intent is that we would remove the defenses against the Abandoned entirely. We are working on Safrin's behalf to do so, and she said nothing of restrictions either in terms of magic use or geographical access." Hopefully that answer would be sufficient, but she continued anyway. "On our leadership's part, there is no intent to restrict Abandoned. We want them to have the same access to the region as anyone else. It's past time to welcome Abandoned into our ranks without fear and hatred."

Which brought her to Hotaru's query: "With regard to the anti-Abandoned sentiment, it is my intention to educate our populace while we dismantle the defenses, and to spread pro-Abandoned information among the people. The Dragoons are of particular note in this regard, as they will be tasked with protecting any Abandoned who visit as much as they would be tasked with protecting any other citizen." But, with that said... "However, it should be noted that Abandoned who visit will be held to the same standards as other citizens of Stormbreak, and the Dragoons must also do their duty to protect our citizens against any with ill intent. This goes for all of Stormbreak and its visitors, regardless of race."
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Deimos

Deimos gave the smallest of smiles towards Ru; grateful that she’d poked and prodded into the notions of racism. While he didn’t care about scorn or derision sent his way, he found no justification in shame and abhorrence layered upon his people – merely over how they’d been born. Sah’s notions about limitations earned another grateful nod towards the hunter, until his attention could fully turn towards Sohalia and the answers granted.

He still wasn’t certain what the defenses were, or how they’d managed to hold them in Stormbreak for so long, but perhaps he could simply research and ask another, instead of within the large meeting. Safrin’s involvement gave him some measure of confidence, including the lack of restrictions. The Warden made another mental note about the Dragoons, before glancing towards the Heart. “Thank you for letting us know. Do you have a timeframe for completion?”
you're all bronze and bite
all venom and fistfight
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 49 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1425
NOAH

The twins stayed content, bundled warmly and protected from the elements. Noah couldn't help but smile at Hotaru's warm welcome of them, but it faltered soon after to a focused scowl as the hybrid asked her questions. Deimos piped up soon after, and Noah's eyes flicked to him and listened. They both raised good points. Noah knew how Stormbreak was -- he had lived there, after all. The reach of the Voice and her damage to the world bore a deep, long grudge against the abandoned in the hearts of Sohalia's people.

Stepping forward some, so that his statuesque figure would pull the eyes of those around him, Noah finally spoke. "It is admirable that you are dedicated to the peace of the people. Stormbreak will do well to have someone as compassionate to lead them as you display here. Perhaps," He looked to Hotaru, then to Deimos and Evie, "hosting something to celebrate the change in your region would show the people of Caido that your words truly hold water." He gestured down to his twins for a moment, but kept his eyes firmly on Sohalia. "I lived in Stormbreak for some time, and I know I would want my family welcome there." He then gestured to those around him -- all of Halo, with their increased mage numbers.
i'd fashioned my own cross
been crushed by its weight
there's no stronger message
than dirt in your face
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
I am a shadow, I am cold, and now I seek for warmth
It's a textbook neutral response, which is precisely the wrong answer when it comes to satisfying the Valkyrie. Though Sohalia's entourage - or at least one of them - stares unblinkingly at her, Hotaru is not the type of woman to be cowed, and certainly not the type to be easily appeased with flowery words and sentiments.

"The Dragoons - Stormbreak soldiers. Usually born and raised." Like a gauntlet thrown, Hotaru raises her eyebrow at Sohalia, daring her to say she's wrong. "You truly think all of your Dragoons are free of bias? Of hatred for the Abandoned?" She wants to step forward in a distinctly confrontational movement, but Noah's presence at her side - even as he praises her where Ru doesn't think Sohalia should be praised - keeps her rooted. "We are to trust ourselves, our friends, and our family members to the hands of potential perpetrators of violence? Those who may cover up misdeeds from their place of authority?" Her golden head shakes, dismissing the thought out of hand. No, she won't allow it. Hotaru doesn't trust Sohalia's golden morals to be shared among her entire fleet of soldiers.

"If you cannot guarantee active and intentional education, then any Halovians who are accosted - or who cause trouble themselves - should constitute a missive sent immediately to our leaders, so we are aware and can provide our services as well." Never let it be said that Hotaru only instigates in these moments. She is capable of offering solutions as well. Solutions that had already been shown effective - when that exact letter had ended up in Morgan's hands years ago, for Hotaru's own return for interrogation in Torchline.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

The moment Ru began, he became a guarded figment, drawing the Attuned bond into cloaked fixtures as he ruminated. In truth, he understood and felt all the figments she raised; the bias, the hatred, the distrust rampant. His eyes drew instinctively to the Stormbreak representatives, his piercing stare landing on them one by one, before resolving another intake of breath, steeling and forging, and loathing politics all the more.

Rarely did he have to play peacekeeper, but he also didn’t quite relish in Noah’s suggestion. If Ru’s sentiments were founded and possible, a welcoming wagon of Abandoned centered squarely in a city would be open fodder for those who’d long since detested them. Turning his attention back to Sohalia, he blinked, steady and certain in a world full of those much the same. He wasn’t certain he liked the implication that they might be the cause of any tribulations; but he’d take that note behind his teeth. Any Stormbreak residents that had found themselves within Halo had always been treated justly and fairly, if not with significant suspicion. “I trust you understand our concerns. How will you be educating the populace? How will you be ensuring these Dragoons do not harbor ill intent?” When the maliciousness had been driven into them for so long?
all venom and fistfight
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
I have never feared the storm
Sah's eyes narrowed as the debate continued. Glancing at his fellow Halovians, the Wild Thunder took a step towards Hotaru, nudging his shoulder with her own in support before he regarded Sohalia calmly. "Resolving the hatred and fear of Abandoned will not be easy with simple education." His eyes met the Luminary's , imploring her to hear him. "I have met Stormbreak citizens and soldiers whose entire demeanor changed the second they discovered what I am. Civilized conversations turned to threats of violence and accusations of innate corruption and malicious intentions."

The Wild Thunder sighed, recalling a young Stormbreak soldier who had attacked him when he tried to talk her down after discovering what he was, "There were times where those threats became reality, and I was forced to defend myself." Which of course had only 'proven' his 'true nature' to the soldier.

"You may need to show stronger support for the Abandoned than education and announcements if you wish to keep that from happening within Stormbreak's walls. Personally, enforcing the law against harming us may prove how serious you are to your more radical citizens." Sah's eyes remained locked on Sohalia's even as they softened, "And if there's anything that I can personally do to help with this transition, please don't hesitate to ask."

The Wild Thunder had been a teenager when he'd taken leadership in his home world. He knew the weight and how daunting it could be to one so young. Sohalia was handling herself well, but he was still inclined to offer her support should she need or want it. But even more than that, the Abandoned wanted his family safe if they went to Stormbreak.
Sah
Anna Donovan
Dragoon

Age: 45 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 1 - Dext: 1 - Endr: 1 - Luck: 1 - Int:
SAMAEL - Mythical - Dragon (Lightning)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1425
It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive
Anna didn't like how the tone was shifting. Halo, it seemed, was not all in agreement. Some praised the Stormbreak queen for her compassion and kindness, and others criticized their people harshly. She could feel Samael shift beside her. With her own jaw feathering, the dragoon took a step back from the crowd and silently, and slowly, as to not pull attention to herself, made her way so that she was three-quarters of the way closer to Sohalia than she had been before.

Settled closer to the queen, with her arms resting behind her back, Anna gave Lena a steady glance, amber eyes encouraging the advisor to move their leader along. While Anna did not want to steal Soh away without giving her the chance to defend their decisions and ensure their safety, the hair on the back of the elder warrior's neck stood on edge.

But those who can best manage change
Anna
Let our blades shine with Justice
Let Valor our hearts sing.
Let all who seek protection
Find it 'neath the Dragoon's Wing.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Change author:
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Lena had always been a bastion of calm – composure, kindness. It didn’t morph now, even as the air thickened with decrees and degrees of stigmas, experiences, and questions she deemed entirely fair. In between rapidly taking notes, she imbued the rational peace between her heart and lungs and soul into any other Attuned, but especially Sohalia.

Because here was where things became difficult – the justifiable changes were going to be met with skepticism. Stormbreak was not without its flaws – that was why they were trying to alter things for the greater good. To become something than the perils of the past. Here though, as Anna caught her eye, the Caretaker wished the Dragoon would say something – anything – to extend the wishes of the kingdom. On how the soldiers would progress in safety…the silence potentially said more than anything.

Steeling her breath and writing down several other things to bring back to the next meeting, her attention shifted, earnest platitude upon the masses. “I’m sorry that happened to you,” she spoke at last, initially to Sah, but to anyone else who’d encountered the bouts of prejudice. “We understand that change is difficult, and it will take time.” Not wanting to overstep her measures or around her leader, she allowed ideas to flow instead. “Maybe we could start lectures at the Collegium. Especially any Abandoned’s efforts during the war.” It had to begin somewhere, and could only be so vague in the interim. And she had no expertise when it came to defenses – looking towards Anna once more.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
In another time and another place, Soh might have quailed beneath the combined skepticism of Halo's residents, even though most of them seemed well-intentioned. Still, she was a leader now, and she fought hard to keep a hold on that calm stoicism that she admired so in Hadama. Lena's support and Anna's presence helped - at least she was not here on her own, faced against the crowd with no help.

When Lena had finished speaking, Soh nodded in agreement. "Please understand that we hear your concerns," she said. "Lectures at the Collegium will be a wonderful start. I would also like to solicit feedback from Abandoned on what that curriculum looks like, as well as what protective measures would be appropriate. Perhaps a small committee comprised of people from Stormbreak, Abandoned volunteers, and Dragoons to help plan for the transition. I welcome feedback. For this to be successful, open communication is essential.

"As for upholding the law, our citizens and any visitors will be held to the same standards of conduct. People - of any race - who break the law will be dealt with accordingly. Our Dragoons will be held to the highest standards and expected to perform their duties without prejudice. If they cannot do so, they will not stay a Dragoon for very long. And of course, incidents of any kind involving another region's citizens should be communicated to that region's leadership. I thank you for the suggestions."

Taking a deep breath, and hoping that she hadn't overstepped any boundaries, she added. "As for a timeline, as soon as we may complete the tasks set out for us by Safrin. We will certainly be hosting a welcome event - the details of which will be sent as soon as possible."
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Calm platitudes ensured some manner of increased discussion in composed mannerisms – he’d been in enough meetings amidst the Basin to know how to navigate these now. Though he was certain none of them would ever be granted the answers they wanted to hear, he pinpointed his stare upon Ru, waiting for a response, and then upon Sah, and the rest of his brethren, for entirely different reasons. A stalwart stand – to know they’d been heard, known, and understood, and a safety and sanctity they could always find within their Wardens. Should anything befall them –

He clenched his jaw slightly, before maneuvering his stoic and reticent gaze back upon Sohalia. “Let us know when or where you would like this committee to take place. We can send volunteers,” himself, and likely many of them included, firsthand participants in battles and might; and as a protective shield for anyone who might still feel the sting of prejudice. “Perhaps you can meet in a neutral space. Or in our Council Hall.” There were quite a few spaces within.

For now then, he eased a slight breath, intending to stand tall, unyielding, and listen.
all venom and fistfight
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
My days end best when this sunset gets itself
Behind that little lady sitting passenger side
Evie often finds herself a bookkeeper and a peacekeeper in contrast to Deimos' might and renown, and she lifts her voice only after the worst of the chaos seems to pass. She is grateful it all manages to remain civil, but she is equally grateful that people like Ru exists to exert pressure on unfair and prejudiced practices where others might settle for scraps.

"I think we can all empathize with the harm that has befallen the Abandoned as a whole since the first war," her calm tones emerge in Deimos' wake, expression controlled and otherwise neutral. "Sohalia, I would be happy to give my account as a Natural Abandoned for your training materials." She would offer historical accounts as well, but Evie knows Stormbreak's archives - though they are surely biased - must account for more than she has on hand given the barrier that had sectioned the Grounds off from the rest of the world.

"Any missives regarding Halovian citizens can be addressed to me as well." Both to reinstate the idea to the Stormbreak team and to take ownership of that new weight. Glancing out at the gathered Halovians, Evie clasps her hands in front of her with an unyielding expression. "Halovians, please provide any last closing statements or concerns if you have them. Otherwise, we shall disperse shortly." Having firm endings to these types of events helped stifle any mumbling, cursing, or otherwise negative encounters.
It's much less picturesque without her catching the light
The horizon tries but it's just not as kind on the eyes
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
Tal had continued munching on his snacks as the mages had brought up their points, nodding in occasional emphasis when Sah shared his story of the dragoon who had attacked him, or at Hotaru's worries of those in power abusing their status. Not Soh or her council - the courier knew his friend too well to ever think that - but the rank and file soldiers and police who would be upholding her new policies? The ones who'd been raised since birth to hate and look down on Abandoned? Those who had been injured or lost loved ones to the destruction of the Tower before the start of the second War, caused by the followers of a god who had herself once been Abandoned?

Yeah. He'd been to Stormbreak himself, and he knew exactly where his fellow Halovians were coming from.

And maybe Soh's good intentions would have more serious consequences down the road, but at least she was trying, and it was a cause Tal wanted to support - for his friends, his sister, and any other mage who deserved better in the future.

"Y'can count on me if y'need any help with th'tasks," he offered, piping up at last. "Can't do much about the hearts'n'minds side o' things, but until th'defenses come down it's a moot point, right? Figure I can at least help with those, if y'need anythin' brought to or from Stormbreak for 'em." And if it was for Halo's magic users, he wouldn't even charge the Stormbreak council his usual rate!
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Well, this hadn't gone quite according to plan, but then Soh always tended to see the good in everyone and everything. Perhaps it was her youthful naivete, but she hadn't seen as much anti-Abandoned sentiment in her home region as everyone else seemed to have. That didn't mean she wouldn't take it seriously; on the contrary, she intended to do a great deal of research when she returned home.

She smiled at Deimos and Evie; both of their suggestions were kind and very welcome. "Thank you both," she said. "I welcome any assistance that will help to ensure a smooth transition." And then Tal spoke up, and Soh nodded gratefully. It was nice to know that her friend had her back and was in support of her efforts. "Thank you."

And then, to everyone left at the gathering, Soh leveled a sweet smile. "Thank you all for coming. I encourage you to reach out with any questions or concerns."

-FIN-
I believe in me and you
Sohalia