In the beginning there was Darkness
for Maea and Sam
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Were Wessex to know Maea’s thoughts, she would have jumped to the Voice’s defense in an instant.

They can forever debate which came first: the Barrier or the ‘Reason,’ but the fact of the matter is that the Barrier was not made by The Lady’s hands. It was made by the Old Gods. They didn’t have to do anything. There is - was - always a choice. The Gods’ choice led them down the path to their current reality. Why should they have to be content with staying in their ‘place?’ Should systems of oppression not be challenged? And like many debates, each side firmly believes they’re right. No one will change their minds. It’s pointless.

But this vision of what could be isn’t cruel. It’s an offering.
Maea just isn’t willing to take it.
She’d rather hang on to a vague glimmer of ‘hope.’
End of story.

The Ascended woman watches the hand reach out, but cannot know what it does to the albino girl. Only that her heartrate seems to increase rapidly and something stiffens in a matter of moments. Her tone changes, and Wessex, turning back to the Lady, rolls her eyes. All of sudden the meek are bold and the fearful fearless. A lifetime of change so quickly. She quickly picks up where Maea leaves off. “It’s very old. What we can make out is that it may be about LongNight. I’m hoping it will have some clue to what the Monsters are, or how LongNight came to be.” A moment’s hesitation. “Can you help us translate it? Or point us in the right direction?”

black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
In the beginning there was Darkness - by Wessex - 03-24-2019, 09:14 PM
RE: In the beginning there was Darkness - by Maea - 03-24-2019, 09:34 PM
RE: In the beginning there was Darkness - by Maea - 03-30-2019, 01:43 PM
RE: In the beginning there was Darkness - by Wessex - 03-30-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: In the beginning there was Darkness - by Maea - 04-01-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: In the beginning there was Darkness - by Maea - 04-06-2019, 01:10 PM