call and i'll rush out
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
are you really going to talk about timing in times like these?
Indeed Remi does enjoy it, finding the devouring of the iguana rather charming in its own way. He imagines Isla crouched up on the branch in her own body, huddled over her kill with blood dripping down her chin, smirking down at him. "Not just the taste, but there is something about the pop! of an eye that I always quite like." He calls to her with a sunny smile.

Though she won't be able to feel it, Remi's emotions are a fanfare of amusement and affection as the gore crow perches on his shoulder; it's problematic of course just how endearing Remi finds Isla's need to feed or the fact that no part of him is even remotely upset about the blood or guts dribbling from her claws onto his shoulder.

"Corvids are among the smartest of all birds, so I would say this suits you." The Lullaby says, leaning into the bird's affections gently as he continues on down the path. "How lucky that you have already had flying lessons, mmm?" He adds, chuckling at the memory of having once taught Isla how to fly.
remi
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Isla

Crows don't have lips to smack together, but the clicks from Isla's beak should hopefully serve as a decent replacement, and her feathers ruffle with pride to hear that she's a smort birdie, at least. As for the flying lessons, Isla takes that opportunity to spread her wings wide; much larger than any regular crow, she's able to shield the back of Remi's head with one wing, and though she doesn't take off from his shoulder, the I'm flying Jack image is hopefully a convincing one.

"EYES." She announces a second time, though whether it's secret code for something different is for Isla's mind only. Regardless, as they pass another low hanging branch, the crow takes off at last, and as it hops from shoulder to branch to ground, the Remedy is back in earnest, grinning up at Remi. "That was fun," she admits."
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Very impressive." He says of her wingspan, able to only really see her feathers out of his peripheral vision, but nodding approvingly just the same. "I bet you shine black and violet in the sun." Grinning, he reaches up a finger to rub at the side of her beak affectionately.

"Eyes." He agrees sagely, before his passenger is gone replaced by the familiar form of the Remedy. "Anytime. Are smaller animals and such all you need...?" Remi asks carefully, not knowing how to ask the doctor whether or not she was satisfied eating animals or if her blood lust ever had her considering larger and more sentient prey. Likely he'd have been able to get a much more earnest answer from her as a gore crow; lips and the ability to string words together was such a double-edged sword when you got right down to it.
remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

Rising back to her feet and wiping the specks of blood on her hands off on her skirts, Isla settles back in beside Remi as if she'd never even needed the detour, slipping her arm through his own to lean against him companionably. "Mm... they are serviceable?" she considers, tilting her head up to look at him with warm amusement. "I would probably compare it to having a snack compared to having a full meal."

Kicking a pebble as they stroll along, Isla is truly soaking up the sun out here, her face turned happily up to the light. "I find if I eat something like a deer, it staves off the feeling for a lot longer than that iguana, or the blink hare from before. I feel as though there are even better things out there, but I don't know if I want to go down that road."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Mmmmmmm." Remi hums thoughtfully, tucking his hand into his pocket so that Isla could continue to hold onto his arm without it dangling awkwardly between them. 'Well if you ever do..' Though the Lullaby's expression remains neutral, the ancient will feel the sudden dash of colour streaking through his emotions. "..I would be more than happy to go with you." That probably went without saying, but what wouldn't, was..

"..Mateo sent me a letter a few seasons ago, explaining a young friend of his - a young female friend - had been assaulted in Stormbreak. He thought more might have happened if he hadn't been there at the right time." The zest of colour has been replaced by ashy waves of grit as the Lullaby continues. "Because of my abilities I could confirm that it really had been him...and that he would do it again if given the chance." No part of the Lullaby's body language or tone suggested the man had come out of the encounter alive.

"All I am saying, is that there are people who have lost their claim on life, whether because Ludo demands it or because I am made aware of it, so..." You know, two-birds and all that.
remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"If I ever do?" Isla repeats, somewhat incredulously, and her pebble blue eyes are wide as she gazes up at her friend. Given the way both of their minds work, she's got no doubt that he realises what she'd meant by that road, and Isla isn't sure how she feels about abject cannibalism, or Remi's easygoing acceptance of it.

Still, as he continues and explains, it does make a little more sense (not much, but a little), and despite having just eaten an iguana's eyeballs without a thought, Isla finds herself swallowing past a sudden surge of nausea. "Gods," she whispers. "I mean, if I was desperate I know I wouldn't even think about it, but... I don't know, Remi." And then, because dark humour is dark humour, she can't help but let out a laugh.

"Criminals probably taste bitter as all hell anyway, right?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I meant to go after something really large. Like an ursur, or a dragon even." As someone who bullied dragons on the regular with almost no consequences, the offer was one the Lullaby was able to make far too casually.

"And I bet there was a time imagining being a bloodfiend would have been just as horrifying." Remi points out rationally. "But you did not seem to have any issues with being an ascended?" Which was all just to say that what one could stomach was all a matter of context in his opinion. "I am only offering because I don't know how it works. Only that if you ever do need more there are ways of going about it that might feel...less bad."

Reaching out a hand and placing it over hers, Remi looks down at the Remedy with a crooked smile. "I am not sure, I have never eaten one. I threw the last one off the side of Stormbreak." He says candidly. "But I can promise you that when you are a carnivore, so long as they are healthy they all taste the same."
remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Oh. Oh, well I mean... ursur tend to be up where it's cold, so they might be a little difficult. But a dragon..." Is Isla imagining how a dragon might taste now? Maybe, and it's a good thing Remi is kind of doing the steering for them right now, because the distraction has the Remedy placing her feet any which way in the foliage. "Maybe I can come up to the Cordillera at Flowerbirth and we can give it a try?" Not now because Ronin and not Deepfrost for obvious reasons, but there's no reason why not otherwise.

And as Remi uses philosophy against her, Isla frowns to herself and responds by promptly sticking out her foot to try and make him stumble while they walk. "Touche," she murmurs, letting her head loll against his arm and relishing the feel of his hand over her own. "Well, I appreciate both the offer and the advice. You are my favourite vigilante." My favourite murderer?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"MMm?" Frowning, suddenly it dawns on him. "Oh, oh right. I wonder if I could fly one out to you." Grinning boyishly at the thought before immediately making a mental note for he and Ronin to try and do precisely that, Remi nods. "Why not during Deepfrost? If I dream you to us, you would not even need to leave our houseboat. Though..." Crinkling his nose and giving Isla a look, the Lullaby grimaces playfully. "I will have to have some clothes ready for you up there as...well. Clothes do not travel through dreams, if you know what I mean."

Trumble Remi does, if only because he's been all too happy to peer into her eyes as they walked along. "Why thank you. It has been a lifelong ambition of mine." Chuckling and nudging his hip (gently) against hers, as the flora around them thickens and grows decidedly more hostile in appearance, the Lullaby tugs them to a halt. "On that note, can I interest you in a very specific kind of nap?"
remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Wh-- like a dragon delivery service?" Isla can't help the peal of laughter that tumbles from her lips at the mere thought, though - and Remi will likely catch this above anything else - it's not a no. "And I suppose I didn't think of you and your fancy dream magic, but... are you saying that if I do that, I will appear naked in your bed when I arrive?" Presumably between two very much in love demigods? "Because I think your husband will have something to say about that."

"Always happy to help," she adds - lifelong ambition indeed - and seems quite pleased not to have been taken out by an errant nudge of the hips. Falling to a halt with nary a stumble, Isla peers up at Remi with a crooked, fanged little smile. "You know, I think I am getting a bit tired," she agrees, pointedly not giving the hostile flora any attention. It's the only way it'll learn.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Or an ursur. So long as it is not bigger than Ronin and I, I do not see why we couldn't carry one.' Their stamina as demigods had never really been put to the test, but why shouldn't the duo be able to do it?

Nose properly scrunched, the Lullaby nods, before laughing. "And why is that? He likes women more than I do." Said as if this is a very reasonable response, Remi bobs his eyebrows before giving his head a shake. "Besides, once this season is over all he wants to do is sleep and cuddle and eat. We are planning on making our own hot spring, actually, though that you might want to wait until Flowerbirth for."

Grinning, the amusement suddenly drops away from the Lullaby's face as he glares around them as if daring anything with teeth to shoot its shot. With the same strange partial shifting, Remi roars a warning that will echo out toward the desert, before turning back to Isla. 'We can dream as long as you like, but at least this way we will be linked.' So saying he kneels down, then sits comfortably while waiting for Isla to lay down with him.
remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"The image alone is enough to make me want to see what happens," Isla confesses with a small smile. In her mind they're not even fully shifted - just two winged demigods carting a bewildered ursur through the air for her to be able to hunt down. The medic in her feels a little bad for the creature, even imagined, but the Ancient in her relishes the thought.

Unable not to laugh at the idea of Ronin pulling a complete 180 between Leafchange and Deepfrost, nevertheless Isla folds her arms across her chest and raises her eyebrows at Remi. "And who says I want to be naked in bed with the two of you?" she inquires, as if he's missed a vital bit of consent in all of this. As for the hotspring, though, the Lullaby knows Isla will be in - something to look forward to in Flowerbirth, perhaps.

The roar that erupts from Remi's throat is enough to bring her back to the here and now, and even though she has nothing to fear from it, the way it vibrates through her bones is enough to know that any predator in the vicinity will be having second thoughts about them. "Well, we are already linked in so many ways - what's one more?" she reasons, settling comfortably (well, as comfortably as possible) down on the ground with Remi.

"Will you show me the Tramezzino? In the dream, I mean."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Snorting under his breath as if to admonish Isla but grinning mischievously just the same, the Lullaby shrugs his shoulders playfully. "Well, best keep your eyes on the sky, then."

Raising his eyebrows right back down at her and doing his utmost to remain on the friendly side of things despite their current conversation, Remi's lips tug down in the corners as he gives his friend an entirely apologetic shrug. "Well, who says either of us want you naked in best with us?" He counters. "Besides, that is how the magic works, so you can either take it or leave it." Remi concludes, feigning a lackadaisical attitude Isla would immediately know—and feel—to be a lie.

"What is one more." Remi agrees, and though his expression is boyish and playful, his tone has become a good deal sweeter as he reaches for her hand. "You can see it from the outside. If you want to come in...well, you know the price." Grinning, the Lullaby smiles as his magic gently sends the ancient to sleep.

~FIN
remi