[se] make it make sense
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 36 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
Fox is left reeling and wheezing for breath, until suddenly he isn't. Drawing a gulp of air into his lungs and shifting to his knees, the Ancient is given a perfect, almost cinematic view of Vi's demigod in all his glory. Sunlit both inside and out, the Sentinel makes such short work of the golem that Fox is left half wondering why they bothered to play with it for so long in the first place.

And then, as quickly as it appeared (rest assured, however, that it will remain burned in the hunter's memory for some time), the dome winks out, and his friend is as he's always been. Fox, on the other hand, hasn't felt this good in ages; even aches and bruises he'd not been aware of before the fight have melted away, and he's left blinking stupidly up at Noah.

"What in Dygra's name was that?" he blurts, slack-jawed and clearly in awe of the other man. "I've never seen magic like that."

when the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 49 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1425
NOAH

Noah shook his head. ”Not in Dygra’s name.” He offered a hand to the ancient, ready to help him back to his feet despite the renewed vigor in his bones. ”In Vi’s. As his demigod he has blessed me greatly.” Noah shifted some so that the spear on his back was more stable between his shoulder blades. ”It is my most powerful gift. The stag is second. I can also teleport short distances.” Noah trailed off slightly in his tone, trying not to make it seem like he was bragging. Perhaps it wasn’t wise to show his whole hand, but so far the other man had not displayed any reason for Noah not to trust him.

He tilted his head slightly, then, looking back at the pile of rubble that used to be a golem. ”I spoke to you over the mental bond but you didn’t respond.” The mental bond, of course, for the attuned and those that could still access it, like Demi’s. ”Do you think there is anyone down in that cellar?” He asked, pointing to the doors that Noah had wanted his friend to defend.
I wait and tell myself "life ain't chess,"
But no one comes in and yes, you're alone
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 36 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
Vi's name. It makes sudden, dawning sense, and Noah is kind enough to clarify with the word that has remained just out of reach until now - demigod. Fox sits on his ass before Vi's demigod, and he'd shown him the location of some farmland, for fuck's sake. Huffing out a laugh that's slightly awed, he accepts the offered hand and draws himself to his feet, brushing off his clothes. "It... you... wow." Laughing again, unable to help it, the hunter feels altogether inadequate next to his friend.

"Well, thank you. I feel good as new," he murmurs, before his brows furrows together at the mention of the Attuned bond. "Shit, I'm sorry. I don't... I mean, Ancients don't have access to the bond," he explains with a gentle shake of his head. "I wasn't being rude on purpose, I swear."

As for the cellar, Fox shakes his head. "I think that's where the golem was hiding out during the day. Nothing would have survived if it was down there." Sad, but true.

when the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 49 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1425
NOAH

Where once at the beginning of Noah’s journey as a demigod, he may have tried to verbally downplay his role and the work it required of him, Noah accepted it now. He dipped his head some. ”It’s why I have been spending so much time here.” At least in regards to the rest of his life. ”Vi has advised that I help the Hollowed Grounds…recover, from the Voice.”

When Fox responded about the bond, and the golem, he sucked on his teeth. ”That makes sense.” Noah breathed, a long dip back of his head receding into a slow nod indicating the pieces falling together for him. Only attuned and demigods it seemed, then. The frustration he felt about the situation fell off of him. ”Would you tell me more about the creatures you know of here in the Grounds?” The hunter asked, not quite ready to depart as he thought of the vial he left beneath the stars, and about the mannerisms of the golem.

And Noah listened, staying out all night until the dawn blinked.

FIN
I wait and tell myself "life ain't chess,"
But no one comes in and yes, you're alone