moments that we stole
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
you are a weapon
With the black and ruby flecked horns on her crown and the tail that sweeps along behind her like a lizard’s pointer, Kiada might look like she’d be able to hear the Attuned conversation that goes on. But she doesn’t, and is otherwise blindsided when her aunt’s voice screams out her surprise and excitement, perfectly blocking the look of gross horror that Evie has succeeded in sparking across her face.

It doesn’t last, mostly because she’s getting drug down the stairs with her aunt and Evie, a chimed laugh leaving her at the insanity of it all. She’d known, of course, and had kept it quite the secret to prevent the cat getting out of the bag early. But her aunt must have been busy, or something distracting her from Halo for the comment of letters to reach her.

Kiada passes Evie with a soft little “congratulations!” in lieu of the explosive excitement Hotaru shares with Deimos, and she obliges easily to take a seat closest to the fire and likely beside her aunt, shrugging out of the jacket as she pushes her sleeves up to reveal the whorls of burn scars along her forearms, iceberg eyes eager and excited for the prospect of dinner.
and weapons
don't
weep
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
angels would damn themselves for me
Any aggrieved, mumbling defenses are gnats against the tidal wave of her excitement, and by that she means silenced via drowning (out). Except for the gratitude. That, she shamelessly pockets to remember later.

It's difficult not to vibrate out of her skin now that the news has been delivered, positively feverish with energy. Weddings are her favorite. Were it not for Evie's timely suggestion, Hotaru would have surely forsaken dinner entirely to go into full planning mode; something, she suspects, that the newly engaged couple would not appreciate regardless. Killjoys.

Sitting beside Kiada and reveling privately at the chance to brush elbows with her niece once more, Hotaru pins Evie and Deimos both with her stare. "I'll be doing your attire, absolutely no arguments allowed. When are you thinking of having it?" She doesn't even consider that they might not have decided on a date, too busy planning how much time she'll have to pour heart and soul into their garments. Then her eyes go to Kiada next - "I'll need your measurements too firebird, and colors. AH! COLORS!" She startles even herself with the realization. Gods, have Deimos and Evie even gotten that far? If they haven't she's going to have to wait to start sourcing fabric, and that sounds like hell to someone as addicted to instant gratification as herself.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Dare we know the halo's hanging low
Something like regret managed to find its way to his face the moment Hotaru began her multitudes of insistence, and Deimos found himself sitting at the table, cutting portions of his food while shaking his head. A squeeze of Evie’s fingers found their way to his free hand, and he nearly snorted at the next set of proclamations from the Valkyrie – glancing at Kiada for some wayward sign of assistance – passing more portions of dinner over and into the middle of the table for anyone to snag.

He did make a motion to argue, and then promptly shut his mouth, opting to wrinkle his nose instead, and then unfurl a rumble. “We have not gotten that far yet,” which was the truth – planning a wedding had unfortunately taken a backseat to every other thing necessary for Halo, or in larger instances regarding Safrin, Caido at large. “Nor about colors.” Because truth be told, such notions hadn’t even entered his mind. “We will take suggestions,” perhaps a hint that neither of them were going to be bullied into particular aesthetics.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Change author:
I found my foundation changed by your patience
Truly the mom gene must be rising in her, because Evie can scarcely control her own glee at Kiada's horrified expression - though she doesn't get to revel in it nearly long enough. Alas, the excitement and revelry that ensues is far from a bad replacement. She has never seen Hotaru so lively, it's almost startling.

Deimos is clearly accustomed to it with how he reigns in the Valkyrie's excitement, but Evie can only laugh as she begins eating one-handed, not quite ready to release Deimos' fingers yet. "We don't have dates or a location planned, but that hasn't stopped me from thinking about visuals!" Those, at least, were things that didn't depend on timelines or occupancy room and were quite easy to daydream about in the lovesick manner most newly engaged women partook in.

Hoping to rope Kiada into the excitement, Evie shifts slightly in her seat and leans an elbow on the table in a way her mother would have shrieked at, smiling at the young woman. "Are you as much of a foodie as Deimos? Honestly, I'm more excited about planning the catering." It doesn't matter that she has a piece of steak speared on her fork as she speaks, visions of sugarplums dance in her head and such.
No one has ever made me feel this safe, this free, this me
Evie
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
you are a weapon
Oh she isn’t a part of this at all, simply a silent bystander as she sits there and watches the events play out of her aunts excitement and Deimos’ and Evie’s honesty when it comes to having not thought about much in regards to it. And as far as Kiada’s concerned, there’s plenty of time to figure it out. Instead, she sits there silently snickering, gaze focusing on Deimos though as if in playfulness at how awkward she knows he must be feeling right now with all the attention on him.

But her aunt nudges her and Kiada snickers and looks over to her aunt as she starts to dump some food onto her plate, stomach rumbling in anticipation. “Oh, I’d expected nothing less.” She assures her aunt – silently grateful that she isn’t the one that has to decide what to wear, content to let that be taken off of her plate. But as Evie draws Kiada into the conversation over food, her eyes light up and her lips twitch in a somewhat quiet smirk of excitement. “Of course I am, it’s what made being Ascended so dreadful.” She huffs a laugh, not realizing that it might shift the conversation a bit sour. She doesn’t seem to notice if it has as she slices through her nearly raw slice of steak to slip it into her mouth, sighing in relief as it tastes exactly how she’d hoped it would.
and weapons
don't
weep
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:

Hotaru
She scarcely withholds a pout, but Hotaru can be patient when she needs to be - and it seems that Evie has ideas at the very least, which is promising. Weddings have not exactly been historical positives for Hotaru (almost entirely the opposite) but that doesn't mean the very deeply buried romantic in her heart doesn't fall into fits at the idea of them. If anyone could perfectly encapsulate a romantic wedding meant for storybooks, Hotaru suspects it would be Deimos and Evie, which means she will eagerly be front and center at their ceremony to burn it straight into her brain.

If anyone reacts to Kiada's mention of being Ascended, it's not Hotaru. Given how she'd straddled the line at best on the topic of Ascension, it's no surprise. "Hm, no food fight for the family reunion then?" She sighs as if disappointed by the lack of antics around the table - which she is. Cute and wholesome as this has all been, Hotaru is restless now with all the energy that such news has inspired in her. "But I think we're all missing the easy topic here - is there anyone in your life firebird?" And if the cut of her eyes is slanted and sharp it's to be expected. However many years of separation of aunt and niece cannot possibly outweigh the Valkyrie's protectiveness and love of gossip.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
The Sword absorbed the chatter, waiting to see if something else purposefully intended to toy with him, but other than catching the note of regret in Kiada’s voice, to which he wisely withheld any response, he was relatively saved from the next iteration. He arched a brow at Ru’s quip though, snorting, snagging a fork to his mouth, content with swallowing the food before granting Evie a squeeze between fingers and retort towards the Valkyrie. “Sounds wasteful.” Especially after all the time they’d taken to prepare. “Snowball fight afterwards though…,” was a hint at mischief, and knowing how much they’d likely get on one another’s edges within a matter of minutes – it didn’t seem improbable.

Though he was eternally grateful, and wouldn’t show it, when the attention meandered straight to Kiada. Already knowing the answer from earlier discussions and conversations with the Harpy, he glanced at the Evergreen, then the Ancient, from the corner of his eye. He wouldn’t be the one to spoil or spill things, but to cater towards more mischief? Much more his designation. “Do tell.”
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
If Evie is practiced at anything, it’s skimming and smoothing over Ascended talk, and she takes it easily in stride with a genial grin focused on the prospect of food. Though she wrinkles her nose at Hotaru at the prospect of wasting food, it’s smoothed over by intrigue at Deimos’ suggestion, mirth an immediate light in her eyes. “Just for that I’m proposing we have the reception at the hot springs so you can’t cause a snowball fight,” she teases, envisioning what little snow and gravel could be scraped up around the outside of the springs dissolving in their bubbling waters from badly aimed throws.

Content to join the bandwagon of targeting Kiada - though she doesn’t prod and pressure any extra, in fact rolling her eyes subtly if the Ancient glances over to make fun of their nosiness - Evie leans slightly further onto the table and gestures with her fork at the younger woman. “I won’t say I’m not curious now myself, but feel free to tell them to keep their noses to themselves too.” Her wink and badly mimed stage whisper makes it clear she’s happy to jump ship to Kiada’s side and split the table in half.
Evie
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
you are a weapon
Well this certainly isn’t how she anticipated the conversation to shift after her Ascended comment. And unlike when she was Ascended, an uncharacteristic blooming of a flush of embarrassment blossoms on her face, darkening her cheeks as all the attention is brought to her and she half glares at Deimos because he already knows.

A small grateful smile is offered to Evie as she points a playfully scathing gaze to Hotaru and Deimos. “At least someone’s on my side.” She tuts, before she exhales a soft laugh and pauses to take a sip of her drink, settling in her seat a bit easier, tail wrapping around the leg of the chair as she pokes and prods at the food on her plate.

There is, though… His name’s Fox. Deimos has met him.” And to this, she gives him quite a childish, pointed look. “He’s a monster hunter and was Ascended and turned Ancient like I did.” Only, minus the death. But it proved to her just how much they had in common, at least. And from there, her gaze shifts to Hotaru and Evie to see what their reactions might be, should they know of the man too.
and weapons
don't
weep
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:

Hotaru
Ru's toothy grin is completely unrepentant, and if she had a tail (which she definitely could if she wanted to) it would be swaying with glee in contrast to the way Kiada grumbles and flushes. It's a paltry amount of information compared to what she wants to know about the newly-named Fox, but at least it's a start.

"If I come to the Grounds, can I meet him next?" The shine of her eyes is positively predatory. She assumes Deimos had met him independently, and that's no fun. All the best opportunities for prying, embarrassing, and harassing came from having both parties present during the family initiation. Plus, it would ensure a chance to see Kiada again, a way to impress upon her that Hotaru wants to see her desperately even after this dinner has concluded.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Evie’s suggestion earned another arch of his brow, because the mere dare and provocation that he couldn’t automatically incensed and urged him to commit to the act. Keeping that under wraps with a juvenile smile and movement in acquiring the blueberry cobbler, he settled into snagging at the dessert and more plates while the rest talked and directed their attention on Kiada’s latest exploits.

Of which yes, he already knew, but he wouldn’t be the spoiler for the ensuing show. Ignoring the Harpy’s glare, rolling it right off his shoulders, he snorted otherwise, listening to her explanation. It wasn’t too detailed, for which he was grateful, but to the point. “Seemed nice. Quiet.” He persisted in response, neither showing favor nor disapproval, but the fairly neutral standpoint before either lady pounced.

So he began cutting and slicing through the crust, incapable of muffling the snort after Ru’s clear and intended implications.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
The arch of Deimos' brow is a dangerous thing, and though Evie has no hope of stopping it and is perhaps even digging her grave deeper, she narrows her eyes at him slightly to refute the silent challenge she sees there. If there were not witnesses, perhaps she'd even do the 'I'm watching you' motion, but currently she's trying to be the cool stepmom-to-be. Oh god, is that technically what she'll be? The spiral of that thought distracts her thoroughly, only resurfacing from her temporary panic as Kiada gives in and supplies information on her new beau.

"Wow. 'Seemed nice'? That's the highest praise I've heard from you in a while, especially for someone Kiada's dating," Evie teases, though she winks over at Kiada, making it clear she's glad that Deimos thinks so highly of the man she's interested in. It's easier than lingering on thoughts of Sam, and how he'd been so close to the freedom he'd sought from the Voice for years.

Instead, she zeroes in on the dessert Deimos has busied himself with, silently employing puppy eyes early in hopes of getting the first slice.
Evie
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
you are a weapon
Her nose wrinkles playfully at everyone’s interest – as if there were nothing better to talk about than her spark of a new love life. But truthfully, there wasn’t much to talk about at all. Fox was kind and gentle and the exact opposite of the Harpy and her brash, toughness. Perhaps she was seeking out the comfort of something loving and warm, no longer chasing battle after battle.

Sure.” She says to her aunt with a huff of a soft laugh, her iceberg gaze immediately drifting toward Deimos to see his input and expecting, honestly, exactly what he says. Her attention fixates on the dessert, shifting to give Deimos her plate as she craves a distraction. She does, however, let a soft laugh slip past her lips with the comment from Evie, her shoulder rolling in a small shrug. “Deimos met him before I did, I think.” Here her gaze shoots to him with a question lingering, given the Monster Hunter Guild and all of that. "But he's kind and sweet and he cares a lot about people." All good qualities, she thinks.
and weapons
don't
weep
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:

Hotaru
Kiada begins to tell them about Fox, but Hotaru is scarcely listening. This has become more than she could have ever expected of the evening. Reconnection with Kiada, a request to see her again easily accepted without a second thought, the swell of happiness and teasing around the table that ebbs and flows with familiarity. Hotaru thought she had lost any hope of this feeling when Rexanna died, and then again when she lost Nate and Sunjata. Her family had dwindled so very far.

I'm glad you did this. Thank you, she murmurs toward Deimos, the flow of her emotion encompassing him when she opens the bond even as she keeps her eyes and her smile firmly on Kiada. She doesn't want to miss a single moment, so she can burn the memory of this night into her mind forever.

- Fin <3