[SE] The sound of letting go
lantern making for Flora
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
Tal might not be the most observant lightbulb in the crayon box, but he knew better than to speculate on what Remi did or didn't know about the god who'd given the courier the most physically and emotionally painful quests. He demonstrated his recent maturity by keeping his lips zipped and focusing on his lantern. He raised his head at her correction, a question on the tip of his tongue--

But it was a stupid question and he swallowed it back before it escaped and embarrassed him further in front of Flora.

"Thanks," he murmured back. He hadn't really expected much; his tale wasn't all that unusual in Halo and prying deeper into other peoples' years-old grief could be weird and awkward for everyone involved...

Which was probably why his restraint finally failed and he stuck his nose into the Doubletake's private life once again. Luckily she didn't seem to mind too much and he listened distractedly while his fingers pushed his lantern back and forth a few inches on the tabletop until her sudden gag startled him. He blinked, confused--

And then managed to scowl, scoff, and grin within a brief span of a few seconds. "Ewww!? Thanks, Flora, I'm gonna have nightmares about that now!" There were definitely times in his life he did not want his dearly-departed parents watching over him! Or any other dead person for that matter!
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
walk me home in the dead of night
Grinning devilishly, Flora quickly masks the smirk away with another toss of her head. "Well how do you think I feel!" She demands, mock outrage colouring her cheeks a pretty pink as she lifts her chin and even flares her nose for good measure.

"I wonder if they can though, you know? I mean...everyone always says that they're watching over us and whatever, but like...uhm?" Crinkling her nose again and flashing Tal a bright grin, if only because teasing the courier seemed to infinitely take the edge off, the Doubletake huffed and leaned back in her chair while turning Enzo's lantern around in her fingers.

"I guess if it is true, all the more reason to live a life worth watching, huh?"
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
An outraged Doubletake was a striking picture but Tal had a little bit of inoculation thanks to her mother and he just grinned at her righteous dismay.

But then the courier's nose wrinkled as Flora posed theological questions he'd never really delved too deeply into before. The abstracts and platitudes were usually as much comfort as anything could be in the face of grief and loss, and the thought of 'my parents are watching over me' had given him a raw sort of determination to keep forging ahead in the wake of their deaths, but once Flora broke it down into its practical components it was a lot less reassuring.

"When you put it like that, it's, uh... kinda weird an' creepy, huh?" he admitted, his gaze dropping to his lantern with sudden wariness that lightened as she continued. "But yeah... you're not wrong. Long as they don't watch all of it!" Some things a guy - or girl - should be able to have private!

He looked back up at Flora, a crooked grin kicking up the corner of his mouth. "So are y'gonna help me eat these cookies? They'd give any audience we've got somethin' t'really be jealous about!"

~fin~