share our dreams and sit our thrones
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
RONIN
kiss your perfect day goodbye
Whether or not it was just something angels said, clearly Ronin has expected some kind of holy lightshow based on Remi's remark, because he snorts and growls out his surprise in a noise most accurately described as scrumf. Left squinting and retreating towards a shaded bookshelf, as the electric lights blink on, he's left merely looking irritable.

"I couldnt see or hear anyone else. And if the door was open, they must have found what they were looking for. I suppose you'll have a long day of taking inventory tomorrow," he says, furrowing his brow as he tries to decipher some of the book titles from a nearby stack.
because the world is on fire
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
REMI
when people say that something is forever
"You don't...sense anything?" He wonders, eyebrows raised and green eyes hopeful. "I just..I can't imagine who would want to do this. To me." He adds emphatically.

Wandering to a nearby table, Remi sets down the jacket with the utmost care before reaching for a large vase. Glancing over his shoulder a few times and clearing his throat, the angel is able to transfer all of the glass from the coat into the vase in what one might describe as a rather miraculous bit of efficiency. "There we are." Shaking out the demon's jacket, Remi glances up holding only the garment. Really it should be the garment and the rope, but he just can't bring himself to bind the demon again after he'd been so very helpful.
either way, it ends
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"Maybe it isn't specifically to you," Ronin murmurs, having hunkered down among the stacks of books and what he thinks are maps. "Whoever came here was obviously looking for something in particular. Maybe they realised you had something important. What kind of stuff do you keep here?" His busy fingers are already trying to lift the cover of a leather bound book.

As for his sensing anything, Ronin laughs and straightens back up. "Even if I could, it's overpowered by, you know, standing in a celestial being's abode," he points out, rolling his shoulders. He glances over at Remi just in time to see him hold out his coat, humming out a note of both surprise and thanks as he goes to collect it.

"Nothing looks broken apart from that window, anyway."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
"Just...you know, odds and ends..." The angel says with an almost bashful shrug, not wanting to brag. His shop housed a wide selection of artifacts that history had assumed were lost to the ages or destroyed. Of course Remi never advertised such items, but instead took quiet pleasure in watching unsuspecting shoppers pass by these historical relics, blissfully unaware of what they're truly looking at "I've become quite the collector in my old age." He adds with a hint of pride.

"Ahh." Having never really consorted with a demon for help before, it took the angel by surprise to know that his aura was really that overwhelming.

Sighing, the angel hands over the coat before a small scrap of paper caught his eye. Frowning, he picks it up, green eyes scanning the looping scrawl once and then twice. Eyelashes fluttering, Remi's cheeks grow pale as he pockets the note with shaking fingers before clutching his hands behind his back. "Well, it's as you say. Plenty of work to do in the morning."
either way, it ends
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Odds and ends that other collectors would recognise, if they happened to see them, I wonder?" Ronin says with a raise of his eyebrows and perhaps the tiniest hint of amusement. It wouldn't be the first time someone who was otherwise very good and moral decided that theft was in an artifact's best interests, after all.

Shrugging back into his coat and not feeling any more comfortable for it, despite the familiar weight of the garment, Ronin tilts his head at his counterpart as he Very Obviously sees something unsettling. "Are we going to pretend that didn't happen, or...?" Smirking, he shuffles his feet a touch awkwardly and sighs.

"I suppose just asking you if you'd let me go is a bit much?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Possibly, but I do keep rather...odd hours as a rule. I'm only open every third Tuesday from 11:14-12:01." The angel protests weakly.

"Mm?" Looking up with a Perfectly Cheerful smile on his lips, the angel merely stares blankly. "I have no idea what you mean." He replies casually, before moving behind a desk and moving things about without really seeing them at all.

"Erm, well..." Swallowing hard but trying to seem casual about it, the angel sniffs. "You know I have just remembered something I have to do, and calling Gabriel down or anyone actually, would...er, be rather inconvenient just now. Perhaps we could just...call this one a wash?" He asks hopefully, his smile trying to hide the blasphemy.
either way, it ends
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Oh yes, because those odd hours won't make you even more appealing to the sorts of people who would steal an artifact from your shop," Ronin says with a smile that's quickly running away with him. He blames the fact that he appears to be getting let off the hook here, not to mention all the lies and blasphemy spilling from the angel's lips. "Do be careful," he purrs, the glitter in his dark eyes telling that there's something very close to sin at work here.

Still, with a crooked bow, the demon absolutely won't look a gift celestial in the mouth, and he's already stepping over haphazardly assorted curios to reach the door. "Hey, that theatre offer? Still stands," he calls over his shoulder, not at all oblivious to Remi's sudden discomfort, but it's absolutely not his job to worry about that.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Huffing as if to say that he was always careful, the angel watched the demon leave with a confused little smile on his lips before the piece of paper in his hands forced his attention back down. "Oh dear." He muttered softly to himself as he wandered away into the depths of his shop to fret.

By pure coincidence, Remi had noticed that the only play being offered by any of the local theatres was Romeo and Juliet. It had taken place in venice of course and so was always makes its rounds around Italy, but surely the demon wasn't really planning on watching a play about love? Especially one that featured the untimely demise of children? Suspecting that perhaps Ronin meant to imbue the play with a little more chaos, Remi vowed to attend the performance only to ensure that nothing went amiss, and not for any other reason at all.

Dressed in a linen suit that bordered on the colour of pale lemon yoghurt with a cravat the same colour as his eyes, the angel drew the cape he wore around his shoulders to ward off the evening's chill. He offered apologetic pats to his pockets in search of his ticket, earning a stern glance from the usher for holding up the line. The angel responded with a bright, beaming smile as he finally located the ticket and handed it over. He stepped into the theatre, removed his hat with a flourish, and used one hand to ruffle out his curls, as if to make sure they were at their most angelic.
either way, it ends
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Fair Verona's where we lay our scene, in fact, but Venice is close enough. Anyway. Something Remi doesn't know about Ronin yet - but that he will soon learn - is that he adores the theatre, and there's absolutely nothing nefarious about him being here to enjoy the show. That isn't, of course, to say that nefarious deeds won't take place nonetheless, but they'll be par for the course rather than intentional, you understand.

As the angel makes his thoroughly angelic entrance, Ronin glances up from the parlour bar where he's been nursing a glass of wine and watching the crowd with an expression that wants to be bored but an intensity that ruins it entirely. It's not as though he has to try to sense the divine presence, after all. Casually flicking to the end of the book he's been pretending to read (someone left it at the bar) and tearing out the last page, he rises to his feet.

"Reconsidered, did you?" He drawls, tucking the ending of someone's story away in the inside pocket of his dark suit.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Verona is quite literally in Venice's shadow, some might say, but shhhhhh. It's all Italian and V's all the way down.

With a smile that's saccharine-sweet, and wide enough that one might wonder if angel's have special muscles in their faces to hold such an expression in place (they do), Remi turns and discovers quite to his "surprise," a familiar face by his side—although, at the very least, he feigns surprise.

"Mmmm?" He raises his eyebrows, not quite meeting Ronin's gaze, as he graciously accepts a glass of champagne from a passing server. "I have no idea what you mean," he responds innocently. "Besides, we were bound to bump into one another again. Venice is not that large." The angel points out with a dainty sniff before raising the champagne flute to his lips and taking a decadent sip. "Ahh. Just perfect."

Suddenly stilling, the angel narrows his seaglass green eyes before turning swiftly toward Ronin. "What have you just done?" He asks gently, but sternly. "You've just done something, haven't you? I can smell it. Like stale cinnamon."
either way, it ends
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Oh, well I do consider myself mistaken," Ronin murmurs, sipping at his wine as Remi sets himself up with a bubbly champagne flute. "That's a shame, though, because I do have a box to sit in for the evening. And if you had been here to join me, we might have enjoyed the play from it. I suppose I'll just have to wave to you from the balcony." Shrugging and resting a casual hand in his pants pocket, he watches as people begin to file into the theatre proper.

"Stale cinnamon is a new one - I prefer my misdeeds to smell like peanut butter," he drawls. "I tempted Juliet to use real poison in her final scene, that's all." And it's with glittering eyes that he waits for Remi to not realise he's joking. "Anyway, shall we?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"I'll be fine in my own seat, thank you. It's—" He pulls out his ticket stub, frowning down at the paper as if he hopes it might magically (or miraculously) change. When it stubbornly refuses to do so, he swallows and clears his throat. '-a perfectly fine seat."

Where the demon was lithe and still, the angel titters about the way small birds do, only to nearly drop his champagne in response to his counterpart's joke. "You what-" he all but shouts, earning disapproving glares from several Very Well Dressed People. "You what?" The angel repeated in a much lower voice, the volume seemingly having been replaced by a reddening of Remi's cheeks as he frantically looks about as if he might see a young female actor with a vial of something red pressed against her lips.
either way, it ends
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Mm, I'm sure it is," Ronin agrees, tilting his head at Remi's ticket stub as if trying to see how high into the back of the theatre he was. (Or maybe he's behind some pillar, who knows?) The demon scrunches one eye shut at the sudden celestial outburst from his counterpart, though he'd be lying if there wasn't a hint of a smile on his face as well. "You heard me," he croons, and now they're being bustled along towards the entrance as well.

"I'm joking, though - obviously," he adds, in a tone that suggests it's not obvious at all. "But if you're really so worried I suppose you'll just have to wait until the end of the play to find out the truth." And here he gives a pleasant enough smile to one of the ushers, who does just that - to both of them, in fact - until they're heading up a staircase towards the box seats. "Well would you look at that," Ronin says. "You'll be able to see your perfectly fine seat from your new one."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
The situation about the ticket is entirely forgotten, as Remi is ushered unceremoniously towards the lower level (yes, behind a pillar and also where the floor dips down a bit), he strains to keep close to Ronin as long as he's able. "But she's just a child!" He hisses, and whether it's demonic intervention or mere happenstance, as the usher checks Ronin's ticket he merely swats at Remi to follow along behind.

Swallowing nervously, Remi justifies this entire seat-swap ordeal by reminding himself that he paid for his seat regardless and that this way, he can keep better tabs on the demon. He can't help the bubbly hiccup of surprise that escapes his lips as the curtains are drawn back to reveal what must be two of the best seats in the entire theatre.

Looking around as if this were some sort of trick while clutching his champagne glass defiantly against his chest, the angel eyed the two seats warily. "Gambled for these, did you? Won them in a bet with a fiddle perhaps?"
either way, it ends