Personal Quest [seasonal event] kindness keep a lonely company
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
They are quick and eager to get to work, soothing some of the baker's fears. Greetings are exchanged, alliances formed- Amalia watches it all in silence, a bittersweet smile on her face. Her grandmother would be proud. But it doesn't make the ache of her loss any less.

She watches the bakers choose their herbs intently. Her grandmother used to say you can tell a lot about a person by the things they eat, and the selection of seasonings changes the flavor of each one in her mind. Jigano's herbs are strong and symphonic, like the bard himself. Kiada's lavender, cinnamon, and honey are a spicy tune with a sweet interior. Deimos' selection is the most surprising: honey and cinnamon, sweet and spice, simple yet rich- and she flashes a curious glance at the man, a half-smile on her dark lips as he interacts with Kiada.

There is something else in her, though, something dark and squeezing as she watches their exchange. She wants those smiles directed at her-

Flushing slightly, she looks away, attention turning back to her bread. "Time to turn it out and knead," the baker instructs. Then, jokingly, a line used by her grandmother when they were children, unbridled and wild: "Whoever has the least flour on them at the end wins a prize!"

Amalia smiles brightly at the memory and turns to the banner making group, blissfully unaware of the chaos about to unfold.

The three women are discussing intently, and Amalia only catches a snippet of the conversation as they begin to leave the shop. "Ribbons, paint, and pressed flowers- just look out for chorus bees!"

Deimos, Jigano, Kiada - start kneading your bread! Whoever is cleanest at the end wins- will you compete by protecting yourself, or taking down your opponents?!

Rexanna, Lily, Phoebe - as you go out into the garden you see lilies, lavender, and poppies blooming wildly in the garden! They're gorgeous, and some are larger than normal blooms of their species...

The linen, meanwhile, is hanging on a line in the middle of a swarm of chorus bees! Currently content to hum a cheery tune, who knows what they'd do if you came too close?

What will you choose to do?
I tend to avoid getting emotional
I'm not shutting you out
It's just the way I'm born
But I see myself next to you until we're old

Messages In This Thread
RE: [seasonal event] kindness keep a lonely company - by Amalia - 04-07-2019, 05:06 PM