[SE] How do you decide?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
...look into a wolf's eyes. You'll never be the same again.
Sah grinned, "A combination would probably be best." It would allow those wanting to relax to do so while the more energetic Halovians could wreak well-meaning havoc. Gods, he loved his region. Halo's people could be as wild as the land around them at times. It was always fun when they cut loose.

Always eager to learn more about magic, Sah listened intently as Deimos spoke. "I wasn't aware of that. The only thing I've done so far is to further upgrade my sword. It seemed like a safe thing to practice with since I've watched you work on it before." He somehow knew that his sword was now as powerful as it ever would be without a God's help. Perhaps this was part of the limitations that the Warden spoke of.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
I carried my own ashes to the mountains
Acknowledging the combination efforts with a nod, he placed that amidst the multitude of other machinations in his mind. Opportunities for quieter factions to be soothed and assuaged by merely spectating, and then the extreme notions of their feral inhabitants, allowing for moments of unfurled natures to maul over the city. Especially during winter – when it seemed they were more restless despite the weather’s alterations.

Nodding at Sah’s statement, the Sword persisted, given his experience with the matter. “Seems to be around two instances.” Which meant Sah could upgrade or create something else within the month, or create anew. “And then resets with the next season.” He shrugged, compliant with the sentiments. “You will know if you try to go beyond,” remembering and recalling the ways he’d strived to utilize his enchantments to the extremes and under duress, far weaker than he was now. He repressed a shudder, but the sentiments came through on a wrinkled nose.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah committed the brief lesson to memory. "If I can only make or upgrade two things per season, I'll probably make something for Soleil as my second one this time." He smiled softly, "Unlike her homebody brother, she's been out exploring nonstop. It'll be good to make her some gear." The Wild Thunder's daughter had certainly inherited his curiosity. Her wanderlust worried him at times, but Soleil always came home eventually and that was all he could ask of her. She was an adult now. A fact that still blew Sah's mind.

Curious, he tilted his head, "What was the first thing that you crafted?" Deimos had been capable of such feats for as long as Sah could recall. If he had to guess, the Sword's first attempts likely had to do with weaponry or armor, but perhaps Deimos would surprise him.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos wasn’t surprised at all to hear of Soleil’s exploits, nor Sah yearning to strive and protect where he could. “I have seen her out and about,” and he grinned, wondering just how far she’d ventured in her boldness. “What were you thinking of?” Brainstorming creation ideas had always been something of a hobby for him, with sheets of paper nestled away in his studies, full and contained with notions and projects; most leaning towards armory or weapons of some kind.

Leaning back in his chair, had he heard the inquiry years before, the spiraling histories and nestled, nettled pathways might have spun and stung. But instead of lingering in those doldrums, his smile softened, eyes going downward, mind wandering over the memories with diligence and careful proceedings; mindful of the scars. “A charm embedded with an ability to shield.” Of LongNights, clustered together in the Hollowed Grounds, of stars and protection, and other lacerations fallen to naught more than learned lessons and quiet trauma.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah smiled softly as he thought of his daughter, "She's an Accepted so she'll be meeting Gods soon and working towards earning weapons and armor. I kind of want to create things for her that are useful but usually looked over when people seek out the Gods. My first idea is to create her items to help her with climate and terrain on her adventures. It's Deepfrost so I'll probably start with some kind of extra warm jacket." It'd might also mean that his daughter would visit home more often. Beyond that, an item to keep her cool in Longheat and maybe shoes that can handle a wide variety of terrain and surfaces.

It seemed like many started with combat-based items, which certainly was logical. "I also don't know what kind of weapon she'd want yet. She seems to have an interest in archery though so maybe I'll make her a bow later too." His little sun seemed to still be exploring what fighting style fit her. Once Sah knew that she'd be protected from natural challenges, then he could help her narrow it down.

Sah fell silent as Deimos appeared to be deep in thought. When the man spoke again, he had the Wild Thunder's full attention. "An enchanted charm? That's clever." Maybe he could enchant the charm bracelet he'd given Soleil? The charm that Deimos once made clearly held memories and although curious, Sah refrained from asking.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
It turned out Sah had similar notions and ideals when it came to his daughter; Deimos had much the same whenever the subject meandered to Kiada. Though she wasn’t his true flesh and blood, she might as well have been, and he treated her as such – though, from the sounds of it, perhaps Soleil and the Harpy didn’t differ much in the realms of personality and venturing. Quirking his lips into a slight smile, he snorted. “I did the same for Kiada – though she received a thick coat to protect her during Deepfrost,” since she was an Ancient…and to visit Halo when she could.

Weaponry was always par for the course, but preferences could yield into many different alterations and directions. “Best to let her decide on that,” before he went making any further nuances and considerations. “We have multitudes to try in the guild or barracks. She can practice with a variety and see what she finds more appealing.” An offer to anyone within Halo’s reach, but especially those he considered friends.

Sah wisely let him muse without too much forced needling, and the Sword was left to linger there on his own, until the memories rushed past and scattered away. With his eyes trained on the door, they eventually shifted back to the Abandoned. “Thank you.” Shrugging his shoulders, he shifted in some manner of restlessness. "Do not be afraid to test out some original ideas too. It is how we become better."
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah chuckled, "Makes sense. How is she? I haven't spoken to her in seasons." Kiada and himself were nowhere near close. Acquaintances at best. But they'd fought beside each other and she was Deimos' family. That alone was enough to warrant an inquiry into her wellbeing.

"I think Soleil would like that. She's always enjoyed training with me." His little sun had been eager to train when he'd made it a condition to let her wander further on her adventures. The Wild Thunder was fiercely proud of his daughter's formidability, and he was certain that her capabilities would only increase with time.

He let out a low chuckle, "I will. I'll let you know if I come up with anything particularly creative." Once he'd ensured that he and his daughter had all the magical necessities he could think of, perhaps Sah would turn to more mischievous ventures.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
“She is well,” he nodded, and meaning it. For all of Kiada’s alterations and changes within multiple worlds, the youth had managed to grasp hold of survival and never quite let go; an emboldened message and measure instilled in the deepest, darkest regions of her soul. But for now, she seemed situated, and maybe happy (he couldn’t be certain with other delicate matters, like the notions of Chuy and Fox); and that would be enough for him. "How is your other one?" He rarely saw the lad.

Head tilting vaguely, his fingers toyed with a crack in the resin of the table, pondering over the complexities of Soleil. “At least she can summon gods and spirits as well,” to lend her aid, even if she was daring and intrepid and found herself in a jam.

Sah’s conditions and future enterprises made him snort; but only because the creativity would be a process on its own. “I tend to keep notebooks and sketches of ideas,” to give him another insight into the process – if that was something the Thunder aimed and intended to do.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah shook his head with a small chuckle, "Luka is good. He's far less sociable than his sister and prefers the company of a select few." By few, he meant their immediate small pack of four. "I've tried to get him to let some others in, but I don't want to push him too hard on it."

Sah let out a sigh, "It'd be nice if he could make a friend beyond just his sister and the wolves." His son was quiet and untrusting at times. But he loved just as fiercely as the rest of his family. He was a good pup.

The Wild Thunder nodded at Deimos' words, "True." He snorted suddenly, "She might try to bring one of those spirits home as a friend too." Sah wouldn't put it past his daughter to befriend a wild spirit or even make one her companion.

The younger Abandoned perked up at the idea of keeping a journal of ideas. Humming in thought for a moment he sent his friend a mischievous look, "And what percentage of those ideas become a reality?"
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos knew and understood the live of a preferred introvert – he just rarely had the luxury any longer. “Perhaps it will come in time and comfort,” he offered instead. Starting slow and small, gathering friends outside of familial lines; a work in progress, but sometimes worth the effort. Ultimately, it would have to come down to Luka’s motivations – to keep, instill, and reach for something beyond just home and the support he already understood. “Does he enjoy traveling?” It could be somewhat of a provocation, maybe a curiosity.

The Sword snorted at the insinuation over Soleil; he wouldn’t be surprised either. “Might be difficult. But companions are always another option.” Of either animal or human; but he’d leave those dwellings for Sah to consider.

He arched his brow at the mischievous look, and then unfurled an abrupt chuckle. “You have seen the multiple armories.” In the barracks in the guild, within his own home…alongside countless weapons built and installed upon the Citadel walls. “The watchtower…we are going to Frey for an aerial dome…,” and he’d been pondering over a trebuchet with fire unleashed again. “As long as they are feasible, purposeful, and useful, I find a way.” Sometimes, Halo was a practical monument and receptable to bestow his constant stirring of ideas; whether it be upon his favored people, defenses, armaments, or anything else in between.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah made a so-so gesture with his hand, "He likes traveling to the different parts of Halo outside of the Citadel." Very few things could spur his son to leave the snowy region. The most probably was if his pack was in danger and needed his help. As for his daughter, it seemed Deimos was well aware of Soleil's exuberance, "True. I'll be happy to meet them regardless." A new packmate was always welcome. The thought of any potential individual being a romantic companion for Soleil never even crossed the Wild Thunder's mind.

Deimos made a valid point and Sah chuckled, "Fair enough. So, there isn't a book hidden somewhere filled with less 'useful' ideas?" The Sword was certainly one to prioritize functionality more than silly fun. The mental image of the formidable man having hidden journals of unfinished sketches for more humorous items had Sah hiding another laugh behind a sip of his drink.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Halo luckily had much more to offer nowadays as far as differing aspects to their landscape; no more were there just endless plains of the Tundra or the spires of the Draig in the distance. Luka would have more to see and do than before; amidst forests and pines and fields of green. “And there is always the skyport, if he feels the urge to try other places.” Like Stormbreak soon – though Deimos held his reservations in check there, and he was certain Sah would be much the same, given his own experiences.

The Sword snorted at the notions of a hidden book somewhere – nestled with ideas lacking purpose, but mustered by either aesthetic or trivial things. “Not created by me anyway,” and while he had some individuals in his life who’d actively encourage such a thing, he’d yet to delve into matters of materials that lacked true function or purpose. “You can make that a goal of yours,” he countered with a vague, but juvenile, childish grin.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah let out a small hum, "The skyports might actually tempt him." Luka probably missed flying as much as the rest of his pack. The skyboats were by no means the same, but they helped soothe the ache. The Wild Thunder was wary of entering Stormbreak just as the Sword suspected. His curiosity was strong, but self-preservation was all the more powerful. If it was proven to be a safe place to enter, he'd have to go with Soleil sometime. But until then, the younger Abandoned would refrain.

Letting out a laugh, Sah nodded, "Will do." If he put his mind to it, he had no doubt he could come up with nuisance items. It'd be a bonus if he could annoy Tal with them.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
As time would have it, his eyes flickered towards the door just as the hunters entered. The reason for his being here at all – given the parameters of the guild, Halo, and any noteworthy information necessary for the future. Nodding at them, the Sword turned back to Sah, beginning to make his departure. “Good luck with both of them,” was uttered with the smallest of smiles, before rising from his chair. “I must attend another meeting. Take care. Let me know if you come up with anything new.” And with that, Deimos bid as he promised, pushing his chair back into place and maneuvering around tables to tend to the next task ahead.

{FIN}
DEIMOS