Mini Event [SE] long story short, it was a bad time
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
Notices had been sent out, but that wasn't enough; to quell any fears or dissent, Sohalia wanted to host a small Q&A session for her region, so that she could spread the news and answer any questions that participants might have. Or, rather, she hoped she could answer questions. Truth be told, she had plenty of her own, and none of them could be easily answered.

"Thank you all for coming," she said to the assembled crowd. "I recently attended a meeting comprised of the leaders from all five regions and all of Caido's demigods. The purpose of this meeting was to share that Safrin has sensed a threat outside of Caido, and has left temporarily to try and fight it. It is, as yet, unclear what this threat may be, but what is clear is that Caido must be united to fight it, if it comes to that."

She paused, looking out over the crowd, trying to gauge reactions. "In light of this, I would invite anyone to come forward with any suspicious activity or anything else that seems out of place. Right now, what we need more than anything is information on this threat and what it might mean for Caido. In the meantime, we must strengthen our defenses. I encourage all of you, including civilians, to train in preparation for whatever may come."

------

This is a mini-event/seasonal event to inform the citizens of Stormbreak about Safrin's departure. Open to all Stormbreak citizens or visitors who happen to be in the area.
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Noe Carpenter
Engineer-in-training

Age: 19 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Change author:
Noe
Safrin was... gone?

Gods could do that? Just... disappear?

What would they do if she never came back?

These questions and more popped into Noe's head as she watched Sohalia speak, the glare that she wore for the young Heart slowly transforming into something more concerned. Noe wasn't necessarily the most well-versed in politics or warfare, but one of Caido's heralds leaving to try to stop some unknown threat? That seemed... bad. At least, according to Sohalia, the regions of Caido seemed to be banding together to face whatever it was rather than withdrawing to protect their own. Although, truth be told, Noe would rather protect Stormbreak than anywhere else. It was her home - it was only natural to want it to stay safe, especially after all that the region had been through.

The last time Noe had attended a meeting like this, she'd been combative and irritable. Perhaps she would have been again, but this news sobered her, and she spoke out almost hesitantly. "It's great that everyone wants to, like, work together, and all, but what are we doing here to protect Stormbreak?" she asked, her mind steadily ticking away as she considered all that they could do. There were plenty of protective measures, training opportunities, and other things that they could do to try to prepare as best they could. She wondered if the Luminary had thought of those things. How committed was she to Stormbreak? She was still fairly new here, after all, and maybe she thought that Caido's preparations on the whole would be effective enough to protect them.

But Noe? Noe thought they should make sure to cover their own asses.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal was in town, having just finished a delivery and a quick meal at a local pub. He'd been intending to steal Soh away for a couple hours of real estate-hunting and getting her out from behind her desk but his plan had been derailed by the streams of people heading for the Plaza. Curious enough to get himself into trouble, and figuring if Soh wasn't involved then she'd want to hear about it, the courier had followed...

And he'd found Soh. And the announcement that she made as he lingered at the back of the crowd left Tal feeling, mostly, complicated. His jaw clenched and he swallowed hard as Boreal pressed up under his hand, her broad, high shoulders giving him something to lean on as the world tilted and rearranged itself around him.

Safrin... gone?

"Fuck," he said, softy and distinctly. He reached up to brush his fingers over the Goggles that hung around his neck and swallowed hard, glancing to the short girl who looked kinda weirdly almost like someone he knew as she piped up, and he chewed fiercely at his bottom lip. In the end he held himself back from saying anything, figuring it was better to let the locals speak up first.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
Lena had become well versed in the arts of calm platitudes, but even these sentiments brought forth some worried portions. Wringing her fingers together, clasping and unclasping her hands, she was forced to sit and listen in idle suspense, head down as she stared at the floor, contemplating the news Sohalia shared. Safrin gone. Threats outside of Caido. And the weight of the potential for more chaos, vehemence, and violence ensuing.

It only made her wonder what she would do too.

Echoing Noe though, she raised her head eventually. “I’m sure there are ways to us to gain some defenses,” much like the other lands. “Could this be something we think about after we complete our current regional quest?”
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Change author:
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
Soh was not surprised to see the girl from their last meeting in attendance, nor was she surprised by the girl's line of questioning. She had anticipated some kind of reaction from her subjects, and certainly had expected pushback when it came to the idea of supporting other nations. She was pleasantly surprised that the tone of the questioning was not outrage, but seemed to be rather understandably concerned. Fortunately, it wasn't only Soh who had shown up to the meeting; Lena spoke up as well, and Soh smiled at her friend and advisor gratefully.

"Yes, I think that would be wise," she agreed. "Let's brainstorm ideas for defenses. Otherwise, I will keep you all posted. Thank you for coming, and please don't hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns."

-FIN-
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Sohalia