God Quest each day a new dawn
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

k o a
Be still my foolish heart, don't ruin this on me
Long was the road that led Koa back here, with winding turns and unexpected paths. And while it could be said that the young returning to Ludo's shrine is now older and wiser than before...

Well. One of those things is certainly true. The other remains to be seen.

He takes his bounty from his bag: boxing wraps, still tinged with blood; snow moss, kept on a stick in a jar; lichen, balled in a jar of its own; and a little wood dragon, long and and snakelike, with carefully placed cuts to allow for movement and optimal wiggling about. Pip presides over this last object, pleased as punch by her (vague) likeness, and perhaps a little bit reluctant to part with the treasure, despite Koa promising a toy of her own.

Offerings thus given the young man settles back on his heels, hands clenched for warmth. It's a beautiful winter morning, crisp and cool, the eastern sky just beginning to bloom with shades of dawn. "Ludo?" Koa calls to the ether, wondering just how heralds managed to hear them - managed to be everywhere and nowhere at once. "I've brought the things you asked for. And a present - though you might have to wrestle it away from Pip."

Koa is turning in his quest!

1. Complete a training thread using the boxing wraps. His opponent's blood must get on the wraps during the course of the thread. - {Training} hit or miss
2. Complete a thread washing the wraps in the Frey's Breath hotsprings. - {se} love sticks, sweat drips
3. Complete a thread collecting snow moss. (Bring this to Ludo upon completing the quest). {PQ} myosotis sylvatica - gathered at Mateo's shop!
4. Complete a thread collecting red lichen. (Bring this to Ludo upon completing the quest). - {SE} the road not taken looks real good now

Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

There's a switchboard and it's manned by two long-suffering, ethereal beings. Sometimes they go on lunch and forget that people have called.

Anyway - Ludo will absolutely wrestle Pip for the offering, and raggy tendrils will appear from the shadows not yet touched by the pre-dawn light, trying to wiggle and entice the dragon into leaving the toy unattended. At the same time, other rags creep out and snatch up Koa's boxing wraps and quest components.

There's a sense that they're being mashed together within the rags, and when they spill out again, the wraps are no longer neatly folded, but completely unravelled and marbled with strands of white and deep, deep red. "I like that very much," it informs him, still trying to snatch away the offering.

Koa has completed his quest and has received the following!

Taijitu Boxing Wraps | When landing an attack on an enemy (via an unarmed strike), may EITHER cause Basic Damage to the enemy, OR may give Basic Healing to the user.

Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

k o a

The switchboard operator of Koa's brain has been similarly out to lunch. One can only imagine he's been staring at Ludo like an abandoned video game avatar, perhaps engaging in the occasional dance or making pithy remarks about how dull it is to simply stand around, waiting for someone to pick up the controller so he can finally turn in his damned fetch quest.

"Hullo, Ludo," Koa greets brightly, though the words likely go unheard as dragon and rag begin to duel. As stubborn and distractable as a cat, Pip is quick to shift her focus from guarding the dragon to swiping at the rags, trying desperately to capture shadows between her claws. Koa watches with the indulgent vigilance of a parent whose child is playing with matches. He doesn't want to thwart her fun, but any sign of danger from the volatile godling and he will not hesitate to snatch the dragon and shield her in his arms.

The wraps, when they come, are bloodstained and beautiful. Koa takes them reverently, running his thumbs over the material and imagining a thrum of power within. "Thank you, Ludo," he says, head bowed gratefully. For a moment he chews his lip, debating not asking for more, but... well, in for a penny and all that.

"Ludo, while I have you here... I have this scale." From his bag Koa pulls the mothman scale, its iridescence glittering in the early light. "I realize you've already done a lot for me, but, well, I was thinking it might make good armor, and I'm already here, so...." He trails off with an expressive shrug, a wry smile curving out the apples of his cheeks. "Any chance you'd be willing to help?"

Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ludo

Having already been doing the raggy-god equivalent of turning away to leave, Koa's remark causes Ludo to pause. For a second the boy will experience the kind of ethereal dread where nothing is certain, as if Koa's entire future hangs on the roll of a dice. (Because it does - that's what happens when you try to get a quest off the back of a turn in, you naughty boy).

And it really is only a second, a blink between heartbeats, though it likely feels much longer, before Ludo is flouncing back and wiggling its rags at the scales. "OoOoOo," it says, mask peering at them this way and that. "Yes, I think I could, sweetling. What kind of armour are you thinking? A nice plate for your breasts? A guard for your shoulders? Ah, perhaps some booties?"

Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

k o a
There's a lovely moment where the world grows dark and the spirit of Ralphie moves through Koa as he thinks, ah, I'm in danger.

But whether through his innate charm or his good luck luck, it's his luck, the Dragoon is not met with a herald's wrath, but rather its childish curiosity. He grins as Ludo turns back and the sense of impending doom subsides, shoulders slumping in relief because that was fucking terrifying. "Well, I was thinking maybe a scale-leather duster? One that will reflect attacks back at people? Hurting them when they hit me- seems like a fun trick to play on my enemies, right?" He winks at Ludo, hoping the diety's playful nature will make it more inclined to fulfil this sort of tricksy request.

Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

"Hmmmm," says Ludo, hmmingly. "Hmm, hmm, hmmmm." Plucking the scales from Koa's fingers for a few moments, it examines them closely before pressing them back into the guildmaster's hands with a stoic shake of its head. "Not with these scales," it says, with an air of disappointment, apology and the weight of a lengthy admin chat.

"I can make you a nice shirt, though!"

Koa has received a quest! He must:

1. Complete a thread where he gets hit or punched without a weapon. This may or may not be a training thread, it's up to you!
2. Complete a thread encountering someone with a dark-type magic. They must use the magic in the thread.
3. Complete a thread buying, making or otherwise obtaining a shirt that has been eaten by moths.
4. Complete a thread collecting snowmoss from a region where it can be found.

On completion of the quest, he will receive:

Type: Light | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Mothman Scale Shirt | A soft, lightweight shirt made from the scales of a slain mothman. Always reduces incoming physical damage by the wearer's basic dmg stat. Downgrades incoming upgraded dark magic, to basic-level.

Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

k o a
Koa wilts visibly as his dreams of becoming Harry Dresden a cool new coat are thoroughly dashed, though he perks back up at the alternative. "A shirt sounds excellent," the young man agrees, smile lopsided as he takes back the scale. "Though I worry the ladies might be disappointed," he cannot help but add, winking, and then wondering if innuendo is something Ludo actually understands.

Regardless - his task is given, and Koa knows when he's pushed his luck too far. The young man collects his bag and dragon, standing with a grateful bow. "Thanks, Ludo - hopefully I'll see you soon!" So saying the Dragoon sets off, whistling a jaunty tune as he leaves the Celestine.

{fin}