Mini Event Session 1: Party till Longnight!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5675
He couldn't escape.

Soleil kept him in her sights, literally bouncing off him as she danced so that he had no easy chance to duck away without notice. At least Edmund was giving him space, and Tal could have kissed the young man in gratitude if it resulted in an opening for him to flee the uncomfortable metaphorical spotlight in the center of the dance floor that seemed to follow Soleil around like her namesake.

He had almost managed to extricate himself, working his shambling way stealthily towards a couple he intended to use as human shields, but just as he thought he was going to make it he realized his hands had been captured and Sol drew him back in again. He threw one desperate, pleading look to Sohalia and then surrendered to his fate, smiling the death's-head grin of a man walking the planks of the gallows as his feet shuffled across the floor. He'd gained just enough social skills in the intervening years that he couldn't quite make himself pull away when Sol encouraged him, even managing to put a little more effort into matching the beat when--

SPLASH!

Down went the life of the party and Tal stood there, blinking, as Edmund ducked past him to reach for the wolf-girl's hand.

And then it dawned on him.

The perfect excuse.

"I'll go get a towel," he offered brightly, taking his chance to flee the dance floor with both hands and not letting go as he dashed upstairs to hide in find a bathroom cupboard with what was needed.
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Soleil
Soleil goes down fast and easy, a slip of a girl for all her height and with little to ground her against the mischievous Mer that pulls her into the water. She goes with a yelp of surprise that ends in a stream of bubbles, though as she emerges her disorientation doesn’t last very long, instead dissolving into good-spirited laughter. Her perfect cloud of curls lays thick and wet around her, dark lashes wet as they quickly blink water out of her amber eyes.

The Mer backs up quickly, but she still sticks a playful tongue in their direction, shoulders still shaking with mirth. “Just you wait, I’ll get my revenge!” But first she needs to get out of the water - and thankful Edmund is there with hand already outstretched, which she doesn’t hesitate in taking as she trusts him to haul her out of the water. Completely soaked now, Soleil sheepishly smiles at Edmund (while mourning Talyson’s quick escape) and wrings out a section of her cropped shirt. “I’m okay. Thanks for the save.” His protectiveness is appreciated, though Soleil marks the mischief down as all in good fun. “Makes me realize I’m rusty at swimming though!” And though it’s a bubbly thing framed by laughter, privately her stomach twists at the fear she’d been struck with, realizing the brief lessons Maeve had given her in youth had been forgotten after years of living in Halo.

So maybe she steps away from the water a little faster, head tilting toward the table of food and drinks. “How about we get something to drink instead? Maybe Tal will dance more with some liquid courage,” she says with a grin. Maybe it was mean, but hopefully only a little, that she was aware of Talyson’s discomfort. But the only way to become more confident was to have the courage to do uncomfortable things! Turning to where Sohalia is talking with the Mer that had grabbed her, she waves slightly. “You’re invited to drink if you want!” She won’t interrupt a good conversation, but she’s eager to catch up with her friend as well.
sunkissed even in my darkest hours
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
As the sky opens up and pulls me in
I can see, I can breathe, I can feel again
The Luminary warmed to Hadama's welcome quickly, but their reunion was interrupted with a splash - quite literally - as the other Mer pulled Soleil into the water. Edmund was the quickest among them, offering a hand to the now-soaking slip of a girl, who seemed to have taken no offense. Still, however cheerful Sol might be, Soh was not particularly impressed by the strange Mer's antics. They could have hurt someone! A part of her wanted to defend her friend and guildmate, but Sol was already moving away, Talyson had gone for a towel, and the party had moved on before she had decided either way. So in the end, she pasted a smile back on her face and turned back to Hadama, waving to Sol. She'd catch up with her friend later.

"I was just introducing myself," she told Kaiden coolly before returning her attention to the Merking. "Anyway, it's good to see you, too, Hadama," she said, the chill in her voice warming as she smiled at her friend. "And I'm well, thank you. I hope you are, too?" It was a white lie, perhaps, as 'well' would not be the word that Soh chose to describe herself at present, but it would have to do for now.
And I'll wave goodbye to the ones below
As I float on by to the great unknown
Sohalia
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Relieved to see Soleil take the dunking in good fun, Hadama inclined his head to her in silent apology for Kaiden's rudeness, knowing his subject would not be likely to do so for themselves. "If you want lessons, I will give them," he offered. "You will not drown if you swim with me." His ring, of course, would ensure it, but neither would the mermanta allow a human in his charge to come to harm in the water.

Then the girl and their host were off to fill up on food and drink, and the Tidebreaker turned his full attention back to Sohalia, dignified in the face of his fellow Mer's antics but his presence in the Attuned Bond already softening to allow a quiet wave of welcoming warmth through. "Yes. Though I have recently lost a dear friend." He dipped his head and drew a slow breath; all the outward expression of grief he would allow himself at such a merry gathering. "And Torchline abides." Not without its dramas and disagreements, as it turned out. But for now, at least, it still stood.

Turning to more cheerful matters, he tilted his head at his young friend with gentle optimism. "Will you visit Torchline more often, as part of this Guild?"
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
As the sky opens up and pulls me in
I can see, I can breathe, I can feel again
The warmth through the Attuned bond was welcome, and Soh felt herself soften immediately, letting go of any lingering irritation at Kaiden for their antics. She frowned at the news that Hadama had lost a friend, her heart going out to the mermanta. "I'm so sorry," she murmured. "May your friend rest easily in Mort's realm." But Hadama did not seem to want to linger on the loss, and Soh couldn't say that she blamed him. She'd lost enough people in her short life to know that sometimes, avoiding grief was easier than allowing herself to feel it.

"I hope to visit more, yes," she said with a small smile as talk turned to more cheerful things, but there was a small pang of sadness in the back of her mind as she said it. With everything that had happened in her personal life, she wasn't sure she would be as welcome in Torchline as she once had been, and it saddened her. She certainly had a soft spot for the region, which - under different circumstances - might well have been the place she'd chosen to call home. "I should also invite you to Stormbreak," she added. "You are welcome any time."
And I'll wave goodbye to the ones below
As I float on by to the great unknown
Sohalia
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Sohalia 's sympathy was appreciated, and Hadama accepted it with a quiet pulse of gratitude through the Bond as he bowed his head to her prayer. Perhaps a time would come when he could speak to her of Ray, sharing a remembrance of a healer and a friend, one of Torchline's staunchest defenders and brightest lights.

Today, however, was to celebrate Sohalia, and Soleil, and Edmund, and the rest of the fledgling guild who had made their home in Torchline. Though he did not know what tragedies lurked behind the Heart's small smile he offered her what welcome he could. "I will be glad to see you," he assured her warmly. "Any time you visit." And her return invitation brought a gleam of curiosity to his emerald eyes as he nodded once in gracious acceptance.

"I will take you up on that," he rumbled. "Though I can only visit the Eye of the Storm. Unless the moon is full," he added after a moment's contemplation.

It was how he had been able to visit the Observatory in the past, after all.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000

Edmund watches Talyson flees and wonders if the older man actually intends to return or not. His attention however focuses as he pulls Soleil from the water. She laughs it off but there's an undercurrent of unease that has the young Ancient's hackles raising. He has to resist the urge to warp a protective arm around his guildmate and instead simply nods, "That sounds good." With one last sharp glare at Kaiden, Edmund follows Soleil in search of Tal, drinks, and a towel. Sohalia gets a nod and a quick smile as they pass.

Edmund would not forget the mer's actions. They may have been in jest, but Soleil's hastened retreat was more than enough to spark the Ancient's ire. Next time he sees Kaiden, there will be words.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Kaiden Strajah
Thief

Age: 22 | Height: 6'4" (5'10" if full human) | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Change author:
kaiden

There is no shame in survival
Only strength

The girl they grabbed is quickly rescued and Kaiden flashes her a sharp-toothed grin as she laughs it off. However the young guildmaster glares repeatedly and the mershark just sticks their tongue out in response. The Ancient clearly needs to relax. Maybe that drink that the duo were getting would help.

Kaiden's tail splashes lazily and they nod at Sohalia, "Ok." Hadama had introduced them so there was no point in giving their name. Instead, the mer turns back to their food as Hadama and Sohalia speak.

Half listening, Kaiden pauses in their meal when they hear about Hadama's friend. A poorly suppressed trickle of sympathy enters the Attuned bond. In contrast, the mershark asks the first question that comes to mind as they take a bit out of chicken wing, "Did they get eaten or something?" A legitimate question but was it one that they should have asked? Kaiden didn't know and it was too late to take back.
coding by kaons
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
Tal was totally coming back! He was just... having trouble finding the towels. Yeah. That was it. Though the thought of poor Soleil being soaking wet did keep him moving and poking through the cupboards until he found where they'd been stashed for anyone who had to clean up at the guild after an adventure.

Grabbing one, he headed back downstairs, though he paused at the entrance to the main room as the gathered people and sounds of music and chatter hit him. It was enough to make the courier wince and the scowl tug at the corners of his mouth, but he resolutely squared his shoulders and waded back in until he found Edmund and Soleil again.

"Here." His voice was gruff as he held out the towel to the girl, looking anywhere but directly at her. "So y'don't catch a cold."
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Change author:

It's a pleasant surprise to see Talyson return. Soleil is promptly dried off and despite not usually being one to drink, Edmund wants a drink. Soleil will likely join him and maybe she can drag the grumpy courier along too. Regardless, the party continues on until eventually winding down near dawn. The cleanup is a nightmare but overall, Edmund is quite pleased with the result. His guild is established and has been warmly received by the people of Torchline. There was little more he could wish for.

Once the guildhall is back to being spotless, the young Ancient crashes in his office for a nap to sleep off the worst of his looming hangover. He'll deal with whatever comes next when he doesn't feel like blocking out the sun to make it stop hurting his head.

-{FIN}

Edmund

Reborn In Fire