Plot Advancing PQ [SE] it stops eventually
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 49 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1425
NOAH

With the allogator disposed of, Noah was ready to move on to the next set of tasks. Protecting the people was accomplished and he held pride in that.

The once-sturdy door now bore the marks of primal fury. With a determined focus, he gathered splintered wood and salvaged pieces, a makeshift puzzle to piece together resilience. His movements were methodical, a testament to his commitment to fortify against the unpredictable. He helped Ophelia hold pieces where they needed to be and nail them in place, too.

"That should hold okay." Noah said as they worked together to piecemeal the structure and fortify it. "It wasn't really meant to withstand allogator attacks." He offered a jesting smile towards the ancient, but it didn't last long. These doors had withstood much, much darker and sinister attacks in the past.

Noah helps Ophelia!
i'd fashioned my own cross
been crushed by its weight
there's no stronger message
than dirt in your face
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
Dantalion
but you can't be free
While Kiada goes about her (talented and bloody) business and Ophelia and Noah become impromptu carpenters, Danta has his own tasks to be getting on with. And by the time the meat and hide are prepared and the door is looking sturdier, the Maverick returns with a large cart stacked with bales of hay and planks of wood.

(He isn't pulling or driving it, don't be ridiculous).

"Looking good," he calls out to the rest of the group through the downpour, his words almost swallowed by a roll of thunder overhead. "You might have noticed that the ground is getting muddy." He gestures to the cart to help.

Okay let's go!

Kiada can bring the meat and hide into the Temple and divide it up for the shelter they've set up.

Meanwhile, someone needs to help scatter the hay over the walkways between market stalls, and another person should lay some planks over the top!
'cause I'm selfish, I'm obscene
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
KIADA
and i'm fed up with little deaths
She’s quick to carve into the allogator, trying her best to stay out of the rain. And before long she manages to get it into pieces that she can load up a small cart with to haul it into the temple once the door is fixed up. Once inside, she takes a moment to clean herself up – grabbing a wet cloth to try and clean up the blood on her chin and neck to become more presentable, before returning to the cart.

She makes decent time unloading the allogator parts from the cart to start divvying it up to be prepared for those within the shelter, and as for the hide she offers it to one of the merchants within to make something water proof with. And once all of that is done and accomplished, she makes her way out of the Temple to stand under the awning to see how the rest of everything is coming along.

Kiada divides the allogator up for the shelter and offers a merchant to make something waterproof with the hide!
pretend i'm free of consequences
totally sniped from odd ilu
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

With the door mended and fortified, Noah's attention shifted to the next pressing task at hand—the creation of a makeshift walkway over the mud-laden ground. Planks and hay became his tools for this new endeavor, and he looked on with a discerning eye.

Undeterred by the adversity, Noah knelt beside the collected planks. He carefully laid them out, measuring and arranging. He waited until the hay was laid out, then went on. Noah's movements retained the same methodical precision witnessed in the door's repair—an innate rhythm born of a lifetime spent navigating the unpredictable. He secured the planks over the hay, crafting a makeshift walkway that symbolized the resilience in their spirits.

Noah lays planks once the hay is down.
than dirt in your face
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Ophelia
There's no future left for you and me
I was holding and I was searching endlessly
Ophelia has become accustom to worrying about things like splinters again, so it’s a relief when their impromptu carpentry doesn’t go awry. It’s not the sort of blood Ophelia is interested in - though they’d admittedly experimented after first becoming Ancient.

Normally Ophelia is undeterred by mud, but they suppose others were not cattle farmers with more mud than grass on their homestead, so Dantalion’s direction is appreciated for Phi wouldn’t have considered it on their own merit. Going back and forth between the cart, Ophelia begins laying straw down in a comfortable rhythm just ahead of Noah who is setting the planks down. Only occasionally held up by a boot getting stuck in the mud or needing to push their soaked hair out of their face - which only leaves mud streaks across their brow and cheeks.

- - -

Phi lays straw!
But now there's nothing left that I can do
So don't be blue
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Once again the crew proves to be unexpectedly competent; Danta opts to join Kiada, and together they manage to get the meat divided up properly, and those who are already seeking shelter are grateful for their efforts. Meanwhile, outside Noah and Ophelia are able to make sturdy walkways through the marketplace and between stalls. As another clap of thunder echoes overhead, it looks as though they'll at least be able to navigate their way through the area.

"It looks like the storm is going to get worse soon," Danta calls as he ducks back out of the Temple. "We should close up the stalls that were able to provide us with supplies, stop them from getting washed out or blown away." It's only the decent thing to do, after all.

Good job guys! Lets get these stalls battened down for the coming downpour!

1 person needs to lower the awnings and tie them down
1 person needs to ensure all supplies are packed neatly together so nothing overturns and blows away
1 person should then cover the supplies with some tarp to stop it from getting waterlogged
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

The makeshift boardwalk came together with out much issue, despite the way the mud squelched beneath them and sent his boots sliding every few steps. As he and Ophelia finished their work and started making their way back, Noah heard the Maverick call out.

As the ominous storm clouds gathered overhead, Noah's commitment to the well-being of the Hollowed Grounds continued to spur him forward. Danta alerted them to the impending tempest, and he rushed through the Inner Quarter, his cloak billowing in the rising wind. Shopkeepers struggled with awnings threatened by the approaching gale. Noah lent a skillful and strong hand. With practiced efficiency, he assisted the shopkeepers in securing their awnings, fastening them against the ferocious winds. Mud-covered knees and rain-soaked cloak were nothing in the face of the imminent danger.

Noah lowers the awnings and ties them down
than dirt in your face
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Ophelia
Straw clings to their hair and clothes, staticky and persistent, but the task is complete and Ophelia can’t be bothered by such minor nuisances in the face of that. Admittedly their stamina is beginning to wane, which is by far the hardest part for Ophelia to adjust to after becoming Ancient - and when surrounded by far more able-bodied individuals, they can only purse their lips in quiet concern that they will soon become a burden to their group.

Nevertheless, Ophelia persists and instead chooses to take on a task that doesn't require as much heavy lifting or pulling. They hum vaguely under their breath as they sort and tuck supplies neatly against each other to keep them secure in their confines, never too tired to stop letting their mind drift. It certainly makes the task go by a little faster too.

- - -

Phi sorts and neatly packs supplies!
So don't be blue
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
As Danta joins Kiada, a bright smile is offered his way – satisfied so far in her blood lust (she may have taken a bite or two before sharing the rest). And soon enough she’s cleaned up and the meat is divided, then the next series of tasks are out and Kiada’s smoothing out her jacket, deciding that she’ll follow Ophelia around if only so that when they’re done packing everything away, she can then cover the stalls with the tarp to try and ensure its waterproofing.

Of course, that requires her having tarps to cover and tie down anyway, so while Ophelia gets a head start, Kiada goes and collects the folded up tarps and ties, returning at precisely the time they’ve moved on to the next stall so she can toss one of the tarps over it, spreading it out and tying it down so any wind beneath it can’t get out.

Kiada covers the supplies with tarp and ties it down!
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
While the stalls are tied down and contained - and there are some incredibly appreciative shopkeepers and merchants who are grateful for the trio's efforts - Danta has gone to check the basin they've recently dug, and he's put some labourers to work in digging a further channel to ease the water down towards one of the rivers. Hopefully the rain doesn't get bad enough for the banks to burst, otherwise they'll be looking at even further problems.

As he returns, a clap of thunder is followed by the steady thump of fat raindrops, the Ancient wrinkling his nose and drawing his hood up further - not that much can be done about getting wet at this point.

"Well, I think we've done as much preparation as we can for this part of town," he admits. "Ophelia, could you write a notice about the shelter we made in the Temple, and pin it to the Notice Board?" At least passers by might be able to read it and spread the word.

As for Kiada and Noah, Danta removes a (somewhat soggy) sketched map of the marketplace and surrounding buildings, unfolding it quickly to show them. A few black Xs have been marked next to various houses. "These places have already been flooded - we need to let the inhabitants know they can come to the Temple to shelter. Should be able to take all the houses between us."

Next round! Ophelia to write a notice about the Temple shelter and pin it to the Notice Board!
Kiada & Noah to visit the various houses marked on Danta's map and lead the inhabitants to the shelter! (The inhabitants may have belongings/supplies to bring with them, feel free to write these details and help as you see fit!)
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah looked at the map, using his hand as a visor to cover his forehead from the rain so he could read and memorize all of the places. ”I’ll take these here,” he pointed with his index finger at a range of homes, circling a rather large area.

Then, he poofed.

Appearing again before the first house, Noah knocked vigorously at the door. ”The temple is ready for anyone who needs temporary refuge!” He called. A lady popped her head out briefly before waving him away. ”Okay, okay. I get it! She yelled. Noah nodded and headed to the next house. There, a family with quite a few young children was waiting for word. Their front steps were washed totally away, so Noah helped the parents pass children down so the father could settle them in to a cart. Gratefully they thanked him and he sent them on their way, pushing the back of the cart to help give their small horse a good start through the mud.

Teleporting again, Noah went to several more houses and helped them as they needed. Finally, he ended up back at the Temple, wiping his sticking wet hair from his face and smiling to those that entered. ”It’s warm and dry inside. There’s a fire and food, get settled in.” He encouraged.

Noah helps families get to the temple!
than dirt in your face
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Looking at the map between them before Noah announces which ones he intends to take, Kiada nods and focuses on the ones closer given she can’t just vanish like Vi’s demigod has. She tries to bounce between the awnings of the buildings as to not get too waterlogged when she comes up to the first house, knocking and offering a bright and easy smile to the older man inside. “The temple is available for shelter.” The man inside nods and says a parting thank you and as Kiada moves onto the next house, she can see the man with a very pregnant wife (she assumes), heading out into the rain with parasols to stay dry for the trek to the temple.

The next few houses go much the same, but Kiada by now has become more than fully soaked as she wanders between them. It doesn’t matter too much to her, now that it’s happened, hair plastered to her face as she informs more and more people that the temple is available, helping where she can. And before long, she’s heading back toward the Temple, soaked to the bone.

Kiada informs the families about the temple and helps where she can!
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Change author:
Ophelia
Ophelia jumps at the chance that Danta provides them, practically glowing - they'd been nearly completely illiterate when they'd Ascended, and only through the efforts of people like Nate and Mabel had they managed to remedy that. While their handwriting is still rather painful to look at, it's legible and grammatically correct these days, and the novelty has yet to wear off.

Penning the missive is a little harder with the rain and their soaked hair and clothes, so it takes two pieces of parchment before they can actually accomplish their task. Luckily the Notice Board is within the Temple as opposed to some of the outdoor versions Ophelia has seen in the other lands.

Returning with a skip in their step, they hover near Danta for any further commands while they await Kiada and Noah's return.

- - -

Phi makes the Notice Board message and returns to Danta!
So don't be blue
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Little by little the families appear and filter into the Temple, and it's just in the nick of time, too - the rain is coming down hard and fast, and the walkways put together are necessary just to get there without soaking shoes or getting muddy. Danta places himself in the entrance to the Temple with Ophelia, greeting people and directing them to the supplies they've set up. And, soon enough, the gang's all together again, drenched through but having accomplished a fair amount.

"I appreciate your help," the Maverick murmurs, and he might even mean it. "There's food, drink and a warm fire at the Dusklight. You're all welcome to come there to dry off and change into some clean clothes. Oh, and grab a sandbag on the way, if you don't mind? It's to shore up the steps down into the Last Whisper."

Last round! Danta has invited everyone to the Dusklight to get warm, dry, fed and drunk. Grab a sandbag to shore up the steps down to the Last Whisper and that's it!