[RQ] bending everything
Catching Rainbows in Water RQ
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
Sah

Sah snickered, "Not often and not always intentionally." Waiting for his turn to catch the next rainbow he elaborated, "I've stumbled upon them once or twice in the Oerwoud. They appear out of nowhere and just stick to things. I once turned my hand over and there was a small one just relaxing on my palm." Slugs were such strange creatures, but often benign. The Wild Thunder usually would carefully pry them off of himself or his gear and place them on the nearest plant before carrying on his merry way. The orange and black ones that always appeared to be frowning were his favorite.

Once Deimos secured his next rainbow, Sah focused back on the task. His jar looked like it could fit one more, so he opened it back up instead of grabbing a new container. Using magic to renew the mist in front of his mirror, he watched as a new rainbow formed. Out of curiosity, he ran a finger over the rainbow as if petting it. It jiggled in place, making him let out a bark of laughter.

Still snickering he scooped the colorful entity and let it gently fall into the jar with the others. Closing the lid he glanced up at Deimos, "There we go."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Deimos
life shivers, melts, moves on
the pain says I have come for you
It seemed Deimos’ experiences with rainbows and slugs had been at a poor minimum in comparison to Sah’s exploits. He tried not to laugh at the mental image of the Abandoned thwarting a great many, sticking to clothing and hair, and instead settled for an arched brow and blank expression. “Hm,” grunted through his chest, uncertain what to make of the whole scene, which seemed to sum up this minor adventure anyway. The Sword would probably continue to stick to the more dangerous aspects of wildlife.

And he was still busy parsing through another of the blended hues, longer and skinnier this time, when Sah completed his jar. Aware of his own strength but not caring at the moment, he flicked his wrist and hand quickly, watching as the delicate artifact lobbed through the air with widened eyes, landing somewhere near Sah. “Sorry,” he snorted again, having the decency to look a little embarrassed.
your chest is a wall of fire; you pick torches
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah raised a brow as the rainbow sailed through the air and thudded to the ground near him. Deimos may have been apologetic, but the Wild Thunder burst into laughter as he eyed the jiggling blob of color. "How is that even physically possible?" This entire adventure would be one to remember to say the least. Who knew rainbows were such bizarre entities?

Reaching out he carefully got his fingers under the rainbow and picked it up. Holding it out to Deimos like an offering he tried to stifle his laughter. If he had less self-control, he might have tried to toss it. Just to see how it would react. Would it break apart? Dissolve? Or fly like a snowball?
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
He should’ve predicted Sah’s laughter, but he’d cringed inwardly beforehand all the same. Once the amusements rang out though, the Sword followed through on his own snort. “Learning quite a bit on the impossible today,” even if it was silly and mercurial, childish and juvenile, it was a far more jovial bit of the absurd than other things they’d been tormented and driven to.

Instead of picking it up with his fingers, despite the temptation, Deimos figured it would be stuck to them again and he’d have the same issue as before. On an alternative, he permitted his Air magic to slip through, lifting the sticky portions of light away from Sah’s digits and through the wind. Shaking his head, he coaxed and bent the mastered portions until they contorted over the fragments, and he was able to place that one in the jar too.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah snorted and raised his sealed jar gently as a toast once Deimos retrieved his rainbow, "Very true." Letting his air and water magic dissipate and release the mist, the Wild Thunder stood up. "That should be enough, right?" They'd hit their initial goal at least. Yet without the context of the rainbow's usage, it was hard to know for sure.

There was still some residual color on his hands and the Wild Thunder tried to brush it off into the snow. The result was a colorful snowball stuck to his palm. Letting out a chuckle he dusted the entire thing off onto his pants. The snow fell away yet a smear of color remained. Brow pinched as if offended he sighed, "Ok, I give up." Apparently, he was meant to have this rainbow on him.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
“We should take what we have while we are ahead,” he snorted and nodded, rather than admitting the rainbows were besting them in some bizarre and ridiculous facets. Snagging at his jars and collecting them into his bag of holding, he also grabbed at his mirrors, figuring they could always use them for future collecting intervals, or any other machinations. “We can go home,” he nodded again, waiting for Sah to finish up, rainbow-mauled and all, and make their way back across tundra lines, towards Citadel spires, where they could be placed safely and securely amidst their brethren. Until the time was right.

{FIN}