Plot Advancing PQ [se] off to work we go
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
MP: 2759
Everest
Falling silent, such was his method of dealing with failure and confusion, Everest let his mind shift through all the variables that could have gone wrong on his end and what he might better do in the future to ensure that there wasn't a repeated failure.

No doubt Koa would continue to want to hold things in place as he'd done, and knowing that Sohalia could fly materials up if she needed to, Everest opted to secure things in place. "I can secure them, once everything is where it should be."

Did that also maybe ensure he could possibly look things over before affixing them together? Maybe.

Ignoring the rain (he'd dressed for it, after all), the aviator waited until everything was where they all agreed it ought to be, before securing them into place once more.

Ever secures things into place!
even if i had to lose you to know you,
i'd still be that temporary phase that you grow through
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Online
Change author:
MP: 2580
you can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine
Well if y'all aren't gonna say it, Koa will. "Fuck a duck in the muck," the Dragoon grumbles as everything goes to shit, thoroughly put out by this turn of events. The rain has worn down his usual patience, and while he is wearing a solid Dragoon-issued raincoat, moisture has still managed to get into his hood, his nose, and his eyes.

Continuing his (largely inaudible due to the rain) grumbling, Koa resumes his task of holding shit in place. "Frey's pissin' on us," he mutters to Everest, though there's laughter behind the vitriol, wry amusement at their sad lot. "Not literally," he adds preemptively, anticipating some confusion from his friend. "It's a figure of speech. Because of the rain, and things going so awry."

Koa continues to HOLDTHEDOOR
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
Fortunately for all involved, the second attempt at securing the frame went much better than the first. Lena's measurements were precise, and despite Koa's grumbling, Everest was able to secure everything in place once Soh had brought the required materials up the scaffolding. All in all, although it took longer than it should have and everyone ended up a great deal more damp than they might have preferred, the frame was in place and ready for the next step.

Which was, as it turned out, to cut the glass to size. "We need to measure the openings less the pieces of the frame," Soh called out, pitching her voice to be heard above the rain. "Then we'll need someone down here to mark the glass, someone to cut it, and someone to sand out any sharp edges."

------

Onwards! We need someone to do the following, and Soh will take whatever is left. No post order!

1. Measure the openings in the frame, less any wood pieces that are in the way.
2. Mark the measurements on the glass.
3. Cut the glass.
4. Sand any sharp edges.
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
An immense amount of relief unfurled through Lena’s soul as they became far more successful on this round. Wiping a pool of rainwater from her dripping bangs and eyelashes, she ceased motions with the other workers to listen to the next set of tasks.

Pondering where she could best help and serve, she glanced at Everest and Koa, then settled herself for whatever came her way. “I'll mark the measurements,” she didn’t have much proclivity for cutting and slashing, unless it was with her fox claws, and even then, wouldn’t be much of an assistance, and sanding might have its own perils and pitfalls. Smiling back at their assembled crew, she marched back over to where measurements were being taken, ready and willing to assist and follow.

--

Lena goes to mark measurements on the glass.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
Already looking perplexed, it's with a bit tongue that Everest listens to Koa's explanation. Though it still didn't make much sense to him, he supposed that if it was just a figure of speech it probably didn't have to. "Thanks." He murmured softly and appreciatively, knowing that the dragoon had said the latter half just for him.

"I can cut." The aviator offers. As an eagle, his talons were two inches long, and attached to his body the way they were, he'd be able to manipulate them better than he could do with any of the tools around. Shifting, his wings spread for balance, Ever waited until Lena had marked the glass before scoring them deftly with his talons, and then pressing down on the points of pressure to ensure that they broke at the precise angles he'd made.

Ever cuts!
If I told you that you'd do nothing with it
I'd still be that cigarette that you couldn't finish
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
All's well that ends well, and Koa is quick to bounce back to his good-natured self as their labors finally bear fruit. With an entirely unearned sense of accomplishment (what have you contributed, really?), he grins up at the replaced doorframe, feeling quite pleased with this step being done.

Which leads into the next - handling glass. Koa is, naturally, more than happy to let the others take on the, shall we say, thinky bits. Measurements and precise cutting is not his forte, but sanding things down? Well, all that task really requires is patience and strengths, and these are two qualities our enthusiastic himbo has in spades. Pulling on gloves and grabbing up a sander, Koa sets about whittling down any dangerous edges Everest might leave, whistling a jaunty tune that barely caries above the rain.

Koa sands!
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
With the remaining task to measure, Soh scaled the scaffolding with a measuring tape wrapped loosely around her neck. Rain poured down on her; she was drenched to the bone, with soaked locks of hair swinging into her eyes. Between that and the downpour, it was difficult to see the numbers on the measuring tape. She took her time with the task, calling numbers down to her companions as she carefully and meticulously took each measurement, measuring the same length several times each to ensure she got it just right. The last thing they needed was to have the measurements be off again - this time because of her!

Down below, Lena marked the measurements on the glass, Everest cut the glass, and Koa sanded it down. They made quick work of the tasks, slowed only by Soh's progress at measuring, and before long, the group had a pile of window panes ready for installation. Soh clambered quickly down the scaffolding to confer with the experts, then turned to her companions with new instructions...

------

Time to install the glass! We need:

1. Two people to pass panes up the scaffolding
2. One person to hold each pane in place
3. One person to secure each pane in place
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
Relieved, more or less, that the task went along better than the last, Lena pulled her long hair back into a bun, as if slicking away the wet ends was going to be impactful in their already drenched state. Regarding the new list, and glancing at her fellow participants, the Caretaker presumed she might be better served in passing. “I can help hand things over,” once everyone was in place amongst the scaffolding.

Carefully and surefootedly, despite the weather, the Attuned began doing just that, hands grasping firmly upon the panes, waiting for another to join her in assistance, before passing them along.

--

Lena helps to pass the panes!
and never stops at all
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:
Another task complete, which is good, because the rain is only getting wetter. Koa wipes some from his forehead, blinking as droplets cast prisms in his eyes. Above them thunder continues booming, but thankfully the lightning still seems far off.

Once the glass is sanded down, it's time to get it all in place. With Sohalia already on the scaffolding and Everest able to fly, the young Dragoon figures his best bet is staying on the ground. "I'll help," he offers brightly to Lena, stepping up to grab the other end of a pane of glass. Together he hopes they can pass it up safely - he can't imagine anything much more disasterous than shattering the pieces of their brand new globe.

Koa helps passing panes
Koa
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Making a mental note to find out what other sorts of tasks he might be able to better accomplish while shifted, once Sohalia dictated that their next set of tasks was not of the sort that required scoring or talons, the aviator changed back.

Standing and stretching slightly (not to mention brushing a bit of glass dust from his jacket), he glanced between Lena and Koa before nodding. "I will hold things, then." He offered. Climbing up the scaffolding to accept the panes the pair were sending the aviator fixed them in place with as much care and accuracy as he could before glancing to Sohalia with a nod. "I'll try and keep things as steady as I can."

Ever holds!
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
With everyone to help, preparing the panes went smoothly. As new tasks were divided out amongst the group, Soh realized that it had been left to her to secure the panes in place. She was suddenly nervous - if she didn’t do her job properly, then her friends’ efforts would be for naught. With tools in hand, she began to fix the panes in place as Ever held them. The work went surprisingly smoothly. As they secured each pane, the rain became less and less of a problem, until the final opening was closed. A cheer went up from the workers. Now they could complete their tasks in the dry.

The first order of business was to mop up as much of the water as they could to avoid slipping as they continued their renovation efforts. Workers began passing out mops and buckets, and Soh descended the scaffolding to gather her own. If they all worked together, the water would be mopped up in no time - even if their clothes and hair remained waterlogged for longer. Soh ruefully thought that this would be where an Abandoned with water magic would be helpful; but alas, there was not an Abandoned among them today.

———

Everybody grab a mop and start mopping up water!
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
Lena shared a sentiment of satisfaction and reassurance as the task was finalized; panes secured, passed along without fanfare or ruin. Plus, they’d be able to persist out of the constant and unrelenting rain, or the circulation of bypassing storms. Wiping a little more off her brow and nose, the Caretaker nodded at the other workers, snagging at a mop and bucket, and a few rags and towels for good measure.

Then the Attuned started in one of the corners, working her way outwards, figuring they had enough assistance to cover multitudes of directions. More than once she had to rinse and repeat, snagging at puddles and miniature rivulets.

--

Lena mops!
and never stops at all
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:
The workers aren't the only ones cheering; Koa's voice raises in tandem, a joyous "WHOOP!" cried out loudly at their unmitigated success. Especially exciting is the fact that this means they can get out of the rain, which is steadily threatening to find passage through Koa's pants and into his boots.

And though mopping is not the most glamorous job, the Dragoon commits himself to it with his usual aplomb. Even Pipsqueak emerges to assist, using her fire to heat dry some of the larger puddles and pools. For his part Koa sticks with a traditional mop, and though his style of usage is somewhat reminiscent of what one might expect from someone who has a personal vendetta against the ground than actual, efficient cleaning, it's the thought that matters.

Right?
Koa
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Having learned more than a few things from the carpenters and builders that Sohalia had gathered to assist them, it was nevertheless with a sigh of relief that Everest took to mopping, a task with which he was very familiar.

Opting for a very methodical way of attending to his task, the aviator lost himself in the gentle swaying motions of the mop and the satisfying removal of the water into the bucket with every fifth or sixth pass.

"Everyone is doing a very good job." Everest blurted suddenly, or at least, it would come across as sudden to anyone not aware of the young aviator's thoughts. Indeed for a good 5 minutes or so he'd been trying to work out if he should compliment the group or if he ought to stay silent. On the one hand, his mother always sang the praises of those she worked with, and they all seemed to like it. On the other hand, who was he to judge the work of anyone else?

Ever also mops!