your silhouette
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Waggling her eyebrows in theatrical agreement, Flora lets her mind wander as Jack moves about his maps; could she possibly have Remi show up in one of his less-known shifts, only for her to 'channel' Ronin to come and 'defeat' him? "Mmm?" Focusing back, Flora swallows and nods. "I'm just waiting for all those ghosts to organize a you're-not-welcome-here party for everyone who moves over." She chuckles under her breath.

"What if..you..asked her to stay?" Flora wonders as innocently as she's able to, though the sudden shaky static in her thoughts will tell Jack everything he needs to know about how carefully the Doubletake is trying to walk this particular line. "I mean..you don't have to live with family and I'm sure Sunjata has all the help he needs, and.." Shrugging slowly, Flora has to stop herself from reaching out for Jack's hand, knowing the gesture would likely have the opposite effect of what she'd want it to. "I dunno, there's something to be said about the family you make and you choose, you know?"
let me taste your silhouette
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
i want to taste you again
Surprising them both, Jack does laugh at that. He'd forgotten about the ghosts rumoured to haunt the barrows in King's End. Hopefully Sunjata enjoys having his brothel interrupted by regular bumps in the night that aren't intentional. "Well, if not now, I'm sure he can expect some company in Leafchange," he says absently, trying to estimate how the coastline might have changed with the addition of the Castaway Exchange when Flora drops blasphemy into the conversation.

Running his tongue slowly across his teeth and able to sense the frenetic energy of her thoughts before she even continues, had it been anyone else Jack might have just snorted and completely disregarded the idea. "If she wanted to stay, she'd stay," he says with a gruff shrug. "Ain't like we're cosy. She sticks around mostly for the cat an' the cannons." As if on cue, Seven winds herself around one of Flora's legs in a greeting.

"Still, it's a conversation that'll have to happen sooner'n later." Especially if they're imminently sailing to King's End. "C'mon. I need a drink."
like a secret or a sin
JACK
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Despite the danger that lurks behind the captain's blue eyes, Flora still shrugs and rolls her eyes. The influence she boasts about to try and win elections might not be as widely broadcasted during her more private moments with the captain, but surely even Jack knows that if one hair was harmed on her head (without her permission), or worse, should she disappear, that he'd quite literally never live it down. "How are you one of the most dangerous men in all of Torchline, and yet still such a man." Flora wonders with a roll of her eyes and heavy sigh. "Having her on your crew is in your best interest, and if a few words gets her to stay, what of it?" She wonders, before pushing herself off of his desk and nodding.

"Lucky for us both, I know a place." Flora purrs, before twisting her ring and disappearing once more.

No need for anyone but Jack to know she'd been by, after all.

~FIN
let me taste your silhouette
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!