not one for social constructs
For Koa and Ludo
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
bring me your suffering
the rattle roar of broken bones
Melita had, truth be told, taken her time in coming to see Ludo since the last interval. Too uncertain, too unsure, too vaguely drawn into either no direction or too many at once, the same could be said for it being the same seasons later. But there were decisions and questions to be had, and maybe her favored god could provide some clarity. Or mischief, which she was also open to.

Content with the high-rising waves and not bothered if Koa didn’t feel the same, the youth laid out a wooden xylophone set and it’s individual pieces, in bright, vivid hues and accompanied by a set of sticks. Pleased with her own offering, and half-inclined to play it but resisting the temptation, she bowed her head, beginning the initial statements. “Ludo, we had a couple questions for you,” half-waving in Koa’s direction, because he’d probably be the one with the inquiries. “And I was wondering if you’d be willing to turn this into a healing item,” extending the giant tooth snagged from the landshark long ago.

--

Melita is using: Type: Grey | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Giant Landshark Tooth | Can be used in crafting or construction. Is unable to be broken or chipped, but is completely weightless. Can only be crafted with by a god

Regional Score bonus: +3 in all shrine visits, drops, PQ+s, KQs, etc. (You must post this at the bottom of any post where a +3 should be included)
the honeybee
Bring me the riot in your heart
angry, wild, and raw
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Boys workin' on empty
Is that the kinda way to face the burning heat?
Koa'd half expected Melita to decide he was not, in fact, invited along, and so it is with no small bemusement that he accompanies her to the shrine. He's brought his own gift for the mercurial herald: a set of wooden nesting dolls, each one painted like a different ghost. He sets it beside the Honeybee's xylophone and takes a healthy step back, landing somewhere behind Mel's right shoulder - in deference, not because he's hiding behind the redhead.

Definitely not.

Picking up on Mel's cue (and none too happy about it), Koa clears his throat. "We, uh, were hoping you could tell us about the big crater in King's End. And the weird plants popping up. If there's danger coming, we want to be ready." And if this is all an elaborate prank played on Safrin, well, the young Dragoon can certainly get behind some celestial mischief from time to time.

Citizenship ability: With so many favoured in one place, fickle spirits tend to leave you alone. You cannot be cursed when visiting a shrine by a spirit.
Koa Carpenter
I just think about my baby
I'm so full of love I could barely eat
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
It's probably a wise decision for Mel to choose not to play the xylophone, because it means Ludo gets to do it instead. And the instrument plink plonks away without needing the use of the sticks, some invisible force making childlike music until the masked god appears over Koa's shoulder with a, "BOO!"

Laughing and mussing Mel's hair with a raggedy tendril, it takes the landshark tooth and turns it over and over in its hands. "I don't do healing," it apologies. "I could make it into a nice stabby dagger for you though."

As for the crater and the plants and all of that eugh, the mask gives the impression that Ludo's wrinkling its nose, though of course it isn't. "Some bits fell from the sky," it says. "The sky isn't really my thing."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
bring me your suffering
Melita, forever amused by Ludo and its mischief, embraced the instant chaos wholeheartedly with a ring and reel of laughter. Not only from the plink plonk cavalcade of the toy instruments, but the appearance of it entirely over Koa’s shoulder – clearly meant to be a product of mayhem. The Honeybee relished in it.

Even the news of healing not being its thing didn’t dampen her spirits, bolstering a grin just the same. “That’s all right. I’ll always take a dagger,” in a nod of acceptance, eager and ready and willing to take on whatever necessary for a bright, shiny, new weapon.

As for the other news, her brows furrowed a bit, glancing over to the Dragoon to see if he was still alive from the initial shock, and to gauge the reaction to the information.
the honeybee
angry, wild, and raw
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Boys workin' on empty
Is that the kinda way to face the burning heat?
Congratulations to Melita, who gets to witness the moment Koa's soul leaves his body. With a strangled yelp he staggers back, heart in his throat, copper eyes wide and bulging in alarm. No amount of training could prepare the lad for Ludo's jests, and it's only thorough sheer force of will that the poor Dragoon doesn't pass out. But he can certainly feel his cheeks go pale, the tan skin cold as blood drains form his face.

Thankfully Mel's interaction with the god gives him a chance to regain his composure, enough that he kind of takes in what Ludo's said. Though... it's not especially helpful, is it? A puzzled glance at Mel is met with one of her own, leading Koa to realize that all the questioning really is on him. Which seems unfair, but ok. "Right, um... 'course. We just thought, with Safrin being gone and you being a god and all..." He trails off, suddenly feeling very much like the collar of his v-neck is too tight. "Do you know what the bits... are? Or where they went? 'Cus the crater's empty now."
Koa Carpenter
I just think about my baby
I'm so full of love I could barely eat
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
"Oh, goodie," Ludo praises, handing the landshark tooth back to Melita and clapping two slips of rags together, as if it's rubbing its hands in gleeful chaos. With the dagger more or less sorted, it turns its attention back towards Koa and his questions, drifting softly towards the ground to consider them.

"Nothing died," it says, as if that might be of interest to them. "Sometimes bits burn up when they hit the ground, though. Maybe that's what happened?" It does the most Ludo equivalent of a shrug that it can manage. "Sorry I can't help more."

(Is it tho).

Melita has received a quest! She must:

1. Complete a training thread using the landshark tooth in its current form.
2. Kill a rock slider and harvest its scales.
3. Complete a thread concentrating on throwing projectiles. (This can also be a training thread but it doesn't have to be!)
4. Complete a thread obtaining the feathers of a gore crow.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
bring me your suffering
Melita followed through on clapping her own hands with avaricious and violent glee, pocketing the tooth once more, and then funneled herself into actually listening. She hadn’t been especially helpful, and she was aware of that, but she half-wondered if all of this was run of the mill chaos, or something much deeper, only to be unveiled and unraveled slowly.

Nothing died. A host of maybes. A raggy shrug.

Which meant, the Honeybee knew, there was nothing more to be said, or snagged, from the deity. Taking that information with all the nuances she could, she bowed her head. “Thank you Ludo!” For both the brief spattering of knowledge and the quest. “I’ll be back soon!”

Thereafter she tossed a look towards Koa, all indications of ‘we’re on our own’ along the sagacity front – but at least, they were aware of that now. She waved back to her favored patron, before skipping off, intending to maul.

{FIN}
the honeybee
angry, wild, and raw