[SE] The weather outside is frightful
for Sohalia <3
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Everyone wants to see heaven
But no one wants to say goodbye
Sohalia spoke, and then she listened. What was it about Caido that left lands leaderless, that forced people like them into positions of power if only to keep their regions from falling into disarray and ruin? It was arguably the most selfless reason to choose to rule - better, perhaps, than being a power-mad villain - but did it make for being a good leader?

In Hadama's case, at least, the king had seemed to be thriving - at least to Sohalia's untrained eye. But their conversation had surprised her. That she and Hadama shared their reasons for leading, that they shared in this loneliness - it made her wonder if she was not, perhaps, as alone as she might have feared. If, maybe, there were others willing to share her burden. She'd been so afraid of appearing weak - even with her own council. Perhaps that fear had been misguided.

"I don't know," Sohalia mused, her voice stronger now that she knew that Hadama understood - and what's more, he understood her in a way that none of her other friends could. "I have my council, but none of them were interested in ruling, although their guidance is valued and appreciated. I think... if I was going to accept a co-ruler, I'd want them to feel for Stormbreak what I do, and be willing to work hard alongside me to make things better. But I don't know if there is anybody like that - and if I stepped down, I'm not sure that anyone would be leaping to take my place."
Everyone wants to see heaven
But no one wants to die
Sohalia

Messages In This Thread
[SE] The weather outside is frightful - by Hadama - 11-28-2023, 05:32 AM
RE: [SE] The weather outside is frightful - by Sohalia - 12-30-2023, 08:00 AM