When the wind returns you to me
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
After conversing with Mother, Edmund felt the need to reflect. To go over what he had learned and how to incorporate Mother's wisdom into his plans. Not wishing to be amongst a large crowd, he's found his way to the VlamVloed. Not one to drink heavy liquor except on occasion, a glass of red wine rests on the bar beside him.

A glass he'd previously been drinking until a surprise visitor had crawled up onto his hand and into his drink. Now Edmund finds himself resting his chin on a fist as he watches a baby wine spider soak in his drink. The little creature is precious and the Ancient reaches a gentle finger out to pat it on the head. The bartender, noticing the situation, places an untouched glass of wine beside Edmund for him to drink. The small spider has clearly claimed the other.

Edmund
Come dance in the shadows

Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
I guess sometimes we all get
This wasn't her usual haunt. Not even close. The thief typically preferring the warmer climate of Torchline, but she had business in the Grounds. Business that required her to venture outside of Haulani. She was just finishing her deal whenever her attention is caught by a familiar face. Quickly snatching the item from her contact's hands, Paige tucks it away, giving him a roguish grin. "Pleasure doing business with you." She drawls, slipping out of the booth and appearing behind the would be prince.

Unable to help herself, the Attuned leans until she's almost against his back, lips right by his ear. "Boo," she huffs by his ear, smirking as her jerks, slipping around him to take a seat. "And what exactly are you doing all the way out here? Getting into trouble?"
Some kind of haunted
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edmund jumps slightly at the sudden proximity. Recognizing his cousin's voice, he smacks her leg with his tail, "Paige." Taking a sip, he poorly conceals the smile that spreads across his face as she sits down, "It's been too long. How are you?" Apart from occasional letters, it had been hard to keep in touch with the Attuned while she was out at sea. Finally seeing her in person once again settles something in him.

"Unfortunately, I've been out here mostly for work. I'll be returning home soon." Taking another sip, he places his wine down. Nudging the second glass with the small spider in it towards his cousin he adds, "I'd offer you a glass, but it appears to be spoken for."

Edmund

Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige
Paige cackles as his tail lashes at her leg, undeterred by his reaction, "Much too long." She drawls, raising a hand to the bartender and ordering herself another drink even as he pushes the wine glass in front of her. "I'm good. Just taking care of some business." The Attuned had been out at sea for a bit longer than normal, going from coast to coast on a hunt for all things exotic. Anything to grow her business.

Still, it was nice to be back on land and within traveling distance of her family. Paige dips her fingers into the glass, fishing out the spider gently, grinning as it stumbles over her fingers. "Work? That sounds incredibly boring." She hums, glancing over at him slyly. "How's your mom? Doing okay?"
Some kind of haunted
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
"If by boring, you mean exploring the meteor crash site with Flora, Sohalia, and Soleil? Then yes." Three powerful, confident women had come to his aid on that mission. It had certainly been fun to be around his age-mates but being the only boy had been slightly intimidating. Not that they'd let him feel left out.

Edmund softens at the mention of his mum, "As well as she can be. She's healing. Do you want me to send a message along?" Maeve is certainly better than she had been, but his mum still needs time. If and when she was ready to return to the chaos of Torchline, he would be ready to protect and guide her through it. But for now, he was content to be her weekly visitor and messenger.

Edmund

Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
Two of those three names piqued the Attuned's interest, causing her to perk up, but she hid it with a sip of her drink. "Oh? How... how are they? Good?" She tries for casual, hoping it will go unnoticed by him. It had been too long since she saw either of the girls. The last time with Flora had been in her bar with the Accepted's legs wrapped around her waist. Sol even longer. Paige pushes the thoughts aside, taking another sip of her drink before setting it back down.

"Just tell her hello. Ask her if she needs me to get her anything, too." She says softly, giving Edmund a gentle smile before reaching up to squeeze his shoulder. "She'll be okay. Your mom is strong. Resilient. She'll come out on the other side of this." Paige knew she would. After everything else his mom had been through, this was the least of it. The Nightshade would come back stronger than ever. She just needed time.
Some kind of haunted
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
Paige's shift in demeanor isn't lost on Edmund yet he refrains from outwardly commenting. Instead, he raises a brow, "They're fine. They're certainly busy but they seem happy." Sohalia had seemed stressed but otherwise ok. He didn't know Flora well, but she had certainly been better than when he'd last seen her in Torchline. Soleil was still as happy and full of life as ever. She was incredible.

"I will." When Paige reaches out, Edmund smiles sadly, "Thank you. I know she'll make it through this." His jaw tightens, "However, knowing that doesn't make it any easier to watch." It feels selfish to say so, given all that his mum is dealing with. Edmund's own pain should be on the back burner.  He needs to be strong for his mum. A rock and tether to keep her steady as she gets back on her feet.

Edmund

Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
Paige tucks that bit of information back in her head, chewing the inside of her cheek for a second before she swallows down the last of her rum. "Good. Good. That's- yeah. Real good." She says quickly, aware of just how ridiculous she sounds, but refusing to let it show. Even as her cheeks seemed to flush.

"I'm sure it doesn't." Paige says, growing sober as she regards him with soft eyes. "You just have to keep being there for her." She gives his shoulder another gentle squeeze, fingers flexing against skin and bone, before she withdraws. Paige flags down another drink for both of them, making the motion for shots before looking back at her cousin. "How about we get up to something instead of sitting here moping, huh?" Pushing the shot towards him, Paige clinks her glass against his before tapping it on the bar tip and throwing it back.
Some kind of haunted
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
Edmund appreciates the comfort that his cousin is attempting to provide. Yet words won't be enough to settle him. Only seeing his mum smiling again, the curled tension of the past seasons unfurling from her shoulders, and color returning to her face. Only that sight, will cool the anxious embers that forever burn beneath his skin.

Paige doesn't let him brood for long as she nudges a shot his way. A chuckle rumbles out of him, and he toasts the shot before downing it. Despite the fire in his veins, the alcohol burns and he can't help but wince.

He places the shot glass down before pushing it back to Paige, "I don't drink often so please don't drink me under the table. I can probably down a few more but don't get your hopes up." If this was anyone else, save Jude or Soleil, Edmund would turn down the idea of taking so many shots. After everything that's happened, trust was a luxury that he cannot afford to hand out so easily.

Edmund

Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
She's not surprised by his brooding nature. He always was a bit dramatic in her opinion. Not that she was really much better. The Attuned knew he wouldn't feel better until his mom felt better. It was how he'd always been.

Wrinkling her nose as the alcohol hit the back of her throat, burning on the way down, Paige put her hand up for another round as she cut her eyes over to him. "Goal isn't to drink you under the table. The goal is to get you loose enough to get into trouble." She says with a smirk as their next round is placed before them. Taking up her new shot, she holds it up in a toast to him, "To causing problems on purpose." Tossing that one back too, Paige grimaces, chasing it with her other drink.
Some kind of haunted
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
Edmund lets out a snort, "To no regrets." With a mischievous glint in his eye, he clinks his glass against hers before downing the shot. If getting drunk isn't the plan, then he's certainly willing to participate in a bit of mayhem. It's been too long since he's last acted his age. Longer since he's had the chance to catch up with his cousin.

Placing his glass down and gesturing for the bartender to pour the next round, Edmund turns his attention to Paige. Resting his chin on his hand, he lazily flicks his tail, "What have you been up to lately?" His lips twitch, "Besides your usual chaos, of course."

Edmund