leave it at the door
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Mateo
who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
Either oblivious to or deciding not to chase after the thoughts he knows are racing through his friend's mind - invasive demigod species and a lack of booksmarts included - Mateo spends a few more moments organising his materials before sitting back, content that he's made a good start. "Do you want to begin filing these on the shelves?" he asks, unsure how far Ever has gotten in his own attempts.

He glances up in time to see the aviator flushed and somewhat desperately getting a drink, Mateo offering him a dimpled, reassuring smile. "Once I would have said that I did not know, and I would not have been able to stop worrying," he confesses. "But after living through a war... I mean, do you think it could be any worse than the Voice?" His shrug suggests he thinks not, clearly.
no liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
Relieved to have his attention diverted, the aviator nods. He too begins to assemble his things into the sort of order that will make lining the shelves all the easier, though his fingers are somewhat halted by the botanist's question.

"I think...I think whatever happens, it will feel different because we're living at the start of it, rather than being born into it. What we do or don't do will shape things, and....that makes it feel worse." At least they'd inherited the Voice. The War was all but inevitable by the time they were old enough to understand it. "Whatever it is I"m sure your Dads will be able to handle it, and the other demigods." Everest says only because he feels compelled to do so.
I wish that I could find the words,
to tell you how much that it hurts
That I'm not who you wanted me to be
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Mateo
who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
Scrunching his nose, because Everest is completely right (and he usually is, about things that don't involve social conduct), Mateo thinks briefly of those who will be born into whatever is about to happen next, and what it will be like for them. Nodding nonetheless - also because he feels compelled to do so and agree - the botanist clears his throat and begins gathering up his materials to file.

"Come on," he says, drawing a line under their melancholy for now. "Let's get these filed and we can go and look at the astronomy section. Then I will treat us to lunch." It's only fair, since he'd requested Ever come along to do this in the first place. And besides, lunch beats getting too depressed over void creatures.

~FIN
no liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself