the devil's in the details
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
And I know I'm asking too much
And I know I'm taking control
Sohalia waited for her advisors, bustling about the office and setting out tea and biscuits on the conference table beside the hearth. A fire crackled merrily despite the warm weather, all the better to dispel the incessant damp that had plagued Stormbreak all season long. Sohalia narrowed her eyes at the sight out the window - at the haze of rain, the flash of lightning - that had been their endless companion these long weeks.

She greeted each of her advisors as they arrived, grateful to them all for braving the weather - and particularly grateful to Anju, for having recently talked some sense into her in the Wilds. So it was that she began their meeting with a renewed sense of purpose and clarity.

"We've received word that Safrin was unable to stop the unnamed threat that moves against us," she said after their group had settled around the conference table. She folded her hands before her on the table. "With that in mind, I believe it would be a good idea to continue to focus on training our forces. What do you think?"
But a heart that's not worth breaking
Isn't worth much, not at all
Sohalia
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Anju
tried to wash you down with something strong
But the taste of blood remains
As Anju sits at the table, spine straight and face set in a focused look, she hopes nobody questions her sitting as close to Sohalia as she can get. After the Heart's breakdown in her presence, Anju remains close at hand in case Sohalia has any need of her - more accustomed to performing in the capacity of a weapon rather than a consoling figure.

The news about Safrin has her focused look falling into a frown, disturbed to hear that one of their heralds was not strong enough to keep the unknown threat at bay. For a woman as pious as Anju, it seems impossible. What, then, does that mean for the threat at their door?

"I agree. The larger and more well-trained our forces, the greater chance we have of defending the city against any attacks." Given how high in the sky they are, they're rather secluded in a beneficial way, but it also means their strength needs to come from within.
Cold, empty mattresses and falling stars
My, how they start to look the same
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Lena’s faith and adherence in the world, in their gods, wasn’t easily shaken or rattled, but sitting there, listening to the sudden change of events, haunted and loomed. While she’d very easily like to bow her head and pray and hope, action took precedence over that. Keeping her worries and sentiments to herself, she glanced at the others, noting Anju’s pragmatic reaction, and wishing her fingers didn’t tremble underneath the table. “I’m fine with that as well.”

Her gaze went to Everest, to Sohalia, in turn, unfurling another bout of air. “And that we should move along with our regional quest as much as we can.” She left out the ‘hopefully in time’ piece – perhaps it went without saying.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
there was no where for me to stay, but I stayed anyway
Staring down into his hands, the aviator's eyes follow the marks on his palms as if they were roads that might lead him toward some sort of answer. Alas, neither words nor answers were forthcoming. Running the back of one hand up the side of his cheek, Everest nodded in agreement with what had already been said. "Yes." He added a touch weakly, wondering if there was anything else to be suggested while they were all here.

"I haven't learned anything else that the three of you likely don't already know. The strange weather and flora and fauna...though things seem to be a bit better up here, perhaps because of the altitude." Given that it wasn't under their control, the height of the city, that likely wouldn't soothe anyone's nerves should things get worse.
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
And I know I'm asking too much
And I know I'm taking control
Sohalia smiled at Anju as the woman settled nearby. She was grateful for what her Captain had done that day in the Oerwoud. She'd been doing better since then, since she'd decided to focus on her leadership. Even if it meant ignoring her personal life. Even if ignoring her problems wasn't the healthiest way to deal with them.

"Excellent," said the young woman, making a note on a sheet of paper she'd brought over from her desk. "Then we're all agreed. And yes - we should definitely focus on our regional quest. We'll get our tasks underway as soon as possible." She paused, biting her lip, trying to think of any other matters for the group. "I've posted notices warning our people, but I wonder if it's enough. Do you think we should advise people to stay in Stormbreak until we know more? It's one thing to defend our borders, but for anyone out in the Wilds..."

They chatted on into the evening, trying their best to plan, never knowing that for all their attempts, they would fall short.

-FIN-
But a heart that's not worth breaking
Isn't worth much, not at all
Sohalia