[SE] Ignite a wilted rose
Hadama
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
I'll drown eventually so don't save me
"I hope you are right." Content with the answer, and confused by the conflicting views Harper and Hadama held of the same Herald, Maea didn't pry any deeper. Gods knew her own allegiances were a muddled mess these days; best just leave it be.

Quietly delighted and equally troubled to realize the brief connection she had made with the Mer King, Maea issued a sound somewhere between laughter and a sigh.

"Good question..." Turning her gaze to the horizon, she did him the courtesy of actually thinking about it. "I would have to say, I'm more well now than I have been. It has been... a lot of overwhelming changes for me. I feel like the world in general is moving forward faster than I can keep up." But there were some changes that seemed more like improvement, and in general she breathed easier these days. Actually breathed, too, which was a comfort.

"How about you? The current events aside...?" She busied herself with retrieving the scattered objects and putting them back in thr pockets.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
Hadama was a patient man, and he waited with quiet courtesy and appreciation as Maea took the time to think her answer through. Given the slow care with which he usually chose his own words, he respected others who did the same. When she did speak again he inclined his head in understanding and agreement with the sentiment of the world moving too fast. "Yes," he said, simple and succinct before she turned the question back on him.

He let himself sink a little deeper into the water until only his head remained above it. Hair the color of wet steel spread out behind him, a many-tentacled beast at his back as he contemplated how to respond.

"Mmmh. There have been... difficulties," he admitted slowly. "Challenges. Changes. I have gained much. And I have lost." Lives. Trust. Friendships. He took a deep breath and rose again, bringing himself back up to a more comfortable height for speaking with an airbreather as his tired eyes found Maea's and remained there. "Would you return to Torchline?"
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
I'll drown eventually so don't save me
The vague nature of their honesty was both liberating and vexing. Hints and clues dropped that would mean something to one who knew, who had been there, and perhaps to an outsider it would allow an opening to ask the kind of questions that brought two people persons closer. Maea was curious, admittedly. Wondering what kind of challenges the Mer King had faced, and how he overcame them. What he had lost, and whether anything gained after the sacrifice had been worth it.

She wanted to ask... but Hadama was king with much to do, and she was a nobody who might be taken for nosy. In the end, she couldn't bring herself to ask.

The only thing she really had to offer back was more honesty. Kicking bare feet over the drop, toes not even close to touching the surface of the sea, the Ancient shrugged lightly.
"I'm not sure... To visit, yes. It's a lovely place. But I have too many ghosts haunting me there... and here too, I guess." Looking up from the scarred back of her hands, she briefly mer Hadama's gaze. "I don't know where I should be. Perhaps if I knew I could be of use somewhere... but as I have no skills and no real goal, it's difficult."

Spoken simply, the issues were offered in mild matter of fact tones that didn't ask for sympathy or solutions. She had to find those for herself; it was just a little bit freeing to say it all out loud.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
What was not asked could not be answered, and Hadama was indeed distracted by his worry for his people and the sheer breadth of what Maea had asked. A great deal had happened in the years since they had last met on a moonlit night beside the water, more than he could recount in a simple sentence or ten unless it was narrowed down more.

And someday, if they were lucky, they would have the time to do just that.

But in the wake of Starfall today was not that day, and it was the immediate future to which Hadama looked as Maea kicked her feet above the water. He met her eyes, tired but steadfast; worried but calm as he listened.

"Mmh. A pair of willing hands is useful everywhere right now," he said slowly. "You would be welcome in Torchline, even if it is no longer your home." He paused, eyes closing as he remembered the catch in that plan. After a moment he opened them again, admitting wearily: "Though until we rebuild the skyport and docks, travel is... difficult. And lengthy if you cannot teleport." Or aquaport, in the case of the Mer. And with that reminder he drew in a slow, deep breath before exhaling, drawing himself up a little straighter.

"Thank you for your help, Maea. I must go now." He inclined his head in gratitude for her writing of his plea and willingness to deliver it, and for the conversation that had given him a chance to rest and recover a little. Waiting only long enough for her reply, he quickly dove beneath the murky waters and vanished back to his wounded home.

~Fin~