Training Bury your surprise
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
She hated the caution in his voice. Hated the measuring gaze, and the tentative probing to gauge whether she was about to break down or not. The idea of being seen as something fragile irked her, as if she had regressed to her childhood. Back to a time in her life when she really was breakable.

Yet... there was no denying the hammering of her heart, or the sour taste on the tongue as she rolled her shoulders and forced a grin that almost passed as sincere. "We will, I promise. Can't let you sit on your victory forever, now can I."  Fake it till you make it, they say, and Maea found that the more she told herself that she was okay, the easier it became to believe it.

Taking a moment to sheathe her sword and check that the shield was undamaged, she looked back up at Edmund with some surprise - entirely genuine this time. "Of course. It's not like you knew - not like you did it on purpose. I'm the one who should be apologizing, for causing you alarm a second time." Glancing around the training yard, glad for the lack of attention the intermezzo had drawn to them, then turned back to the young Ancient. "Let me know when you have time for another spar; or perhaps we could even go hunting, if you prefer that. It would be nice, to get to know kin a bit better." Not family, noticeably. Her reserved nature did not allow for such deep bonds to be claimed flippantly. But she could go as far as kinship, especially if it soothed any unease she may have caused this youngster.

She would have stayed to reassure him further, but before she could think of what to say the training master called out the noon break, and in the ensuing scramble of the soldiers to return weapons and stream to the mess hall, Maea lost sight of her opponent. She made a mental note to find him later - for now, her stomach insisted on making food a bigger priority.

{Fin}
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦