leave no trace behind
Raelyn Morrissey
Animal Trainer

Age: 25 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Raelyn
quote quote quote
As the Ancient released the foal and Raelyn began to gather up the remnans of her supplies - one handed, so that she could keep ahold of the lead tied to the colt's halter - she paused to raise her brows at the stranger. "You surprised me," she said with a shrug. "But I'd hardly call helping me 'causing disrtress.'" She grinned, gestured towards the farmhouse. "If you give me a moment to put these two in the barn, you're welcome to stay a while."

Then, considering that this had been the woman's first time shifting, she offered, "Or, if you want to play around with your shift, I could always keep you company. We could see what hunting as a tiger-wolf pair is like." She remembered the first time she'd shifted, and how overwhelming it all was - the sights, the scents, the sounds. The ravenous hunger and the desire to hunt. She still liked her steaks on the rare side, and she'd been Attuned for years now.

"Or," she added, understanding also the desire for solitude. "If you'd rather spend some time alone, I get it - just, next time you're in the area, at least let me treat you to dinner. A thank-you."
quote quote quote
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Down and out, and out of luck, we're spinning but the needle's stuck
It was her time to be surprised. Having expected no tolerance for burned pastures and spooked horses, the offer to stay - to go for a hunt, or a meal at some other time - made her feet grind to a halt. And as she turned, even she wasn't sure what to do with the offers.

Tugging a stray lock of hair behind an ear, pale eyes watched the woman for hints of sarcasm, wary against being catered to out of fear or mere obligation. "That's... very tolerant of you. And generous." Not many would want the intruder to stick around for a chance of more mayhem.

A tingle of excitement at shifting again stirred within. Fear and delight mingling at the possibility.
"Maybe, if you have the time... I probably should explore the shift some more. Having company... might keep me from making mistakes." Like hunting someone else's livestock.

A tentative smile ghosted across her face, unexpectedly shy given the previous confidence of the tiger.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Raelyn Morrissey
Animal Trainer

Age: 25 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Raelyn
quote quote quote
Raelyn waited patiently, juggling her supplies in one hand as her colt tested the bounds of the lead rope on her other side. Fortunately, the mare didn't seem too keen to wander off, deciding to crop grass nearby. The woman wasn't looking forward to keeping the pair inside until the abscess healed. She'd have to check on the foal several times a day to ensure the bandage stayed on, which limited her movement away from the farm... but she could spare a bit of time for the stranger. After all, the Ancient had helped her, and Raelyn wasn't one to forget a debt.

So she shrugged. "No more generous than you helping with this little troublemaker," she pointed out. As though to prove her point, the colt tugged on the lead, tossing his head and prancing in place. They always felt better after an abscess was drained, not realizing that it wasn't fully healed yet. "None of that," she scolded him, pinning the foal with a glare that brokered no argument. Pouting, he stilled, lipping at the hem of her shirt instead.

When Maea agreed to hunt, Raelyn grinned. "Great," she said, leading the foal towards the barn, with the mare following along behind. "Just one second." It took only a few moments to put the horses into a stall, ensure they had hay and water, and put away her medical supplies. When she emerged from the barn, she was dusting off her hands. "There's more farmland that way," she said, pointing east. "When I hunt, I usually head west to avoid any accidents." After all, her neighbors didn't know the difference between Raelyn and a real wolf, and she was anything but immortal.

As for her dogs, she pointed to the house and told them to stay. The trio slunk towards the porch, where they settled to pout. They'd much rather run free with their mistress, but she needed them here to guard the farm. "Right," Raelyn said, turning her attention back to her new friend. "Whenever you're ready."
quote quote quote
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I only needed one more touch
Another taste of devouring rush
"I'll wait."

Maea spent the time trying to coax some of the remaining horses into approaching her. But either they were too tense after the chase, or some scent of smoke and tiger lingered about her because they all shied away whenever the tried to touch them. When Raelyn returned, Maea slipped under the fence and came in meeting, quiet excitement simmering within.

"Sounds good. I won't be able to talk to you, so if you need anything, lie down and I'll shift back." Taking a step back, the Ancient woman melded back into the guise of fire and light, stripes of blued steel shimmering with heat in the daylight. Golden eyes watched for the Attuned to shift, pupils widening and shrinking to see the wolf appear - and with a flick of the long tail, the tigress moved off. Headed west, where game was plentiful and they could take all the time they wished to sate their hunger.

She looked forward to it.

{Fin}
But the room was so quiet
Whose side am I on?
Base by Skylark, Art by Midjourney
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦