[SEASONAL EVENT] When you try your best but you don't succeed
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Tell me little dear if you've only lived here,
have you ever really lived at all?

"I...ah...yes. The Spire was a difficult challenge. We...we saw people. That we had cared for, who we thought had died...no, they did die." This last part was said to himself, Sam's fist curling into a determined insistence. Even though he was beginning to doubt it, he had to try and believe that Cornelius had been an illusion. That what he had done had been an illusion. "...But we had to kill them again."

The whisper was one of a guilty man at confession and Sam was immensely glad for Remi's gentle smile and reassurances, his warm eyes (if Sam could see the loss in them he did not notice it as keenly as he once had, when he had been fine tuned into Remi's face like a watchmaker at the cogs of his work).

"I...have? Yes, I suppose so..." Sam agreed, unsure what Remi was referring to. It was not a false statement but Sam didn't know what the Alchemist could have lay witness to in his life. As far as he knew his struggles had been either had alone or in the eyes of a very small amount of friends.

"But I..wait. My mind? What do you mean?" Sam held a hand up to his hair where it was wet. "Do you think this wound has addled my mind?" There was clear fear in his voice, true insanity one of his deepest fears.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Samuel - 04-06-2019, 08:24 PM