(SE) something in the orange
open! <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
and catch a cold heart staring at the water, babe
Sunjata remains below the waves in terms of his sight, steel gaze slipping past Hadama to see the rest of the work being completed by mer and attuned with aquatic shifts alike. But he does keenly listen, waiting as the next beam comes to them that they can start to sink down into the sand below them. Slower than the Blight, it sounds like? This time he doesn’t hide away the shiver that seems to race through the attuned bond, a distasteful recollection of what it had done to both him and the people around him.

And no matter how many times he’d dealt with memory problems, he would never forget the fact he’d bled black blood and turned nearly feral. Alongside that memory sits the Climb Fever, one that had gotten both he and Nate quite ill. I’m glad she’s healed, at least. He comments after a moment, some fervor returning to his mental voice, especially with how close he and Hotaru have become, and with it the closeness with Flora, herself.
remember you flew
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
Mmh. The Blight did not reach us here. I have only read about it, Hadama admitted, slow and thoughtful as he considered the orca's response to the disease that had thankfully never touched the Mer. Do you know of it? The books in the Stormbreak archive had been second-hand accounts as well, though at least they had pointed him in the direction of Vi's Roses being potentially useful against diseases.

If that was what the void corruption could be considered.

As another piling was delivered to the waiting team in the water, Hadama nodded, helping Sunjata position the heavy beam before he began to sink it. Indeed. But though he spoke simply there was a current of relief through the bond, sharing Sunjata's feelings on the matter.

He paused a moment to focus on their work before asking: Do you have children?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
That’s good. The Blight had been awful, and he’d honestly not wish it upon anyone. Yet, as Hadama asks him if he knows of it, there’s the flare of what could only be equated to a shiver down his spine. I had it. Knew a bunch of people that had it worse than me, too. He offers, opening it up for questions should Hadama be interested in that particular comment.

Another post is given and Sunjata sucks in another breath of air, dipping below to position the beam and rinse and repeat the process of sinking it into the sand below when Hadama’s next question reaches him. He’s silent for a moment before he responds. I have one biologically mine. I also adopted twins with Nate, after their parents were killed by daemons. But after the war I couldn’t care for them, so, I took them to a family they’d known since we’d saved them to raise. He does visit upon occasion, but the twins had been so young at that point that they don’t really remember much of who he is, and even less of who Nate was. The first, though, brings a pang of sorrow briefly. My biological child, Kamaria, however… He trails off, trying to piece the words together. She’s mine and Safrin’s. She went back to her mother, last I heard. Because he hadn’t gotten to be there – not when she’d ran off with Ronin and from there, he had no idea where she’d gone without having to be told that she'd returned to the stars.
remember you flew
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I am sorry, the Tidebreaker rumbled somberly through the bond. Even secondhand, the account he had read had not been pleasant. Is it painful to speak of? For though he was curious he had no wish to inflict further pain upon a victim of such a disease. Though the unspoken invitation was acknowledged, there was something to be said for unambiguous consent as well.

Single and childless, Hadama listened as they worked, learning more of the demigod and the man behind the title. A father twice over, though in both cases the situations seemed more complex than a simple conversation could encompass. Still, at the mention of Safrin the mermanta's webbed ears metaphorically twitched and it took a great deal of concentration to maintain his focus on his magic and not turn to look at the orca. Is it usual for Safrin to sire children with her demigods...? The question was carefully neutral, though perhaps a little of his bemusement leaked through the bond.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It was a difficult time. I was affected later than others, so I never got the full experience. Sunjata admits – having still kept most of his mind, unlike Phoebe. In fact, she had been the one to infect him while he had been planting the vi’s roses outside her door. I can try to answer any questions you have about it. If it helped, Sunjata was willing.

Just as he is right now, helping to steady the beam in his whale shift while he talks, letting Hadama drive the post in deeper with his magic beneath them into the sand. The question sparks a snort through the bond, though, one at odds with the exhaustion and sorrow at losing his child. No. He answers confidently, pressing against the beam. I asked her to help my husband survive the war and Kamaria was the… Quest I guess, for it. Although, now that he looks back, it looks like it had been a way to drive him apart from his loved ones.

After all, Nate had left him for a while after that, and it had been the last straw between Hotaru and them as well, before now.
remember you flew
SUNJATA
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Thank you, the mermanta rumbled thoughtfully, still appreciative of any firsthand account, if there were similarities to be found between the previous blight and the current corruption. Though he was content to work in silence, the conversation certainly helped to pass the time as they made their slow, steady way into deeper water so that the rest of the crew could follow in their wake, adding the framework between the pilings that would keep the dock above stable in rising and falling tides.

What changes did you notice in yourself? The book had made it seem as though the onset was gradual; something they didn't know about the current void taint was the speed with which it changed creatures.

Hadama did not miss the weariness or the pain that came from speaking of the Flood's daughter, and he grew quiet after the demigod's answer. He knew that Sunjata's Ascended husband had not survived the War and therefore the quest had, in the end, been in vain. My condolences, he murmured softly through the bond, quietly contemplative of what had been shared.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Of course. Sunjata offers, because even though the time had been traumatic, it was the first of… Well, many that had occurred in his life here in Caido, and throughout all of them, perhaps the least painful one to speak of. And besides, with him focusing on thinking back to that time, it doesn’t make him think about everything that’s happening right now.

What changes, though? What changes indeed. I got angry faster. Uncontrollably, like there was a rage waiting to spit itself out. He pauses, considering the rest. My blood was black. And the true full crux of the experience he had? Vi’s Roses were the cure to cleansing us, and the day I got infected I tried to plant one in front of Phoebe’s – she had been deeply affected by that point – and it was like she knew that the flowers were the cure and fought me to prevent from planting it. And thus, the bite, the blood, the rage began, until Vi’s Roses had cleansed them of it all.

The talk of star children and lost husbands, though, draws a hum of appreciation – because he hadn’t given it a chance to work with Safrin to see what would happen anyway. Truthfully, it was nearly the entire reason I became Frey’s demigod instead of Safrin’s, before the war. Despite her asking and asking, the lies and manipulation that had ruined his life time and time again and put wedges into the connections he shared with those he loved had been on the forefront of his mind when Frey had offered the same with a cherry on top. His freedom.
remember you flew
SUNJATA
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hmm. The affected plants and animals have changed color now, too, Hadama noted, a quiet pulse of concern in the bond as they continued their work alongside their conversation. And become more aggressive... The corrupted river stars, encantados, and hels were proof of that behavioral change, in addition to their darker pelage and purple highlights.

How long could they prevent anyone else from getting a bite or scratch from one of the void-touched flora or fauna?

Reason enough to try and find one of Vi's Roses - or Rae's Lilies, mentioned in Deimos's last letter - to try and get ahead of the spread of the mysterious new plague.

As they sank the last piling of the day, Hadama was able to turn his full attention to the orca, emerald eyes taking note of the many scars that covered the sea hunter's hide. He inclined his head an acceptance of Sunjata's choice and then led the way to the surface once more.

Thank you for your help today, he said solemnly. Indeed, they had accomplished much more with Sunjata's strength and shift than the king had expected in a single day. How long will you stay? For as appreciated as the help was, Hadama did not know if any matters in King's End might call Sunjata back, or how swiftly the demigod could travel without the skyport running yet.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
But Flora didn’t seem to have any… Side effects as quickly as those with the Blight had, to my knowledge at least. The information is offered somewhat easily, thinking back on when he’d spoken with Flora and when she’d been affected. But again, he doesn’t know the intricacies of everything this new terrible plague has wrought onto them. He just knows to steer far and clear, keeping a wide berth from the creatures unless he was there to destroy them.

The last piling goes in easy, Sunjata holding it up, peering down to the corals below while Hadama gives him a look over, until they reach the surface with the work effectively done – he shifts into a half orca half man, brushing his hair back so it stays out of his face, attention turning back to the merking. Anything I can do, or King’s End can do, to help, please know that we will. He offers quietly, a soft spoken vow through the attuned bond.

As for how long he intends to stay, Sunjata peers up over the dock now settled, jaw working slightly. I think I’ll rest for the night and fly back in the morning. He murmurs. I should probably give some offerings to Frey while I’m here. He flashes the Tidebreaker a small playful smile, even as exhaustion lingers on the corners of his eyes.
remember you flew
SUNJATA
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hmm. The thoughtful rumble was all that Hadama could answer to Sunjata's observation. For all her good qualities, Flora's temper had always been fiery. How much of that aggression had been her normal reaction to things not going her way, and how much - if any - had been the effects of the bite? He had no good way to measure, only the Flood's assurance that if there were going to be similar changes, at least they hadn't onset as fast. At least it gives us time to find a remedy when someone else is hurt, he observed. When, and not if. There were too many of the strange beasts and dangerous plants around. Sooner or later someone else would get injured, and then...

Rae would not always answer. And even if they did there was no guarantee that they would heal a second wound.

The thoughts were far from reassuring, but Sunjata's offer of assistance - and his choice of a more sensible shape - brought some relief. Hadama inclined his head deeply in gratitude as they floated in the warm Longheat waters and then extended a hand to clasp the mer-orca's forearm. Any building supplies you can spare will be welcome. From lumber to nails to shingles, every little bit helped. So much had been washed out to sea, broken and scattered and lost. And any time that you can spare, you are welcome. The acceptance of the offer was equally quiet and no less solemn. Torchline was greatly in need of friends right now, and actions spoke louder than words alone ever could.

The Flood's stay might be short, but his help had been invaluable, and Hadama knew the weight of holding a region on his own shoulders. The shrine in the Rainbow Road is undamaged, he confirmed. If you have a manta crystal you are welcome to spend the night in the Underwater City. Spare quarters in Haulani right now were few and far between with all the refugees having moved to the floating islands or pitching makeshift tents on the beach. Thankfully the nights were warm and mild this time of year, so sleeping outdoors was no hardship.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Perhaps he’s lucky in that he hasn’t ever had a chance to experience Flora’s fiery nature – though it isn’t something that would surprise him given how much of her mother he’d likely find in the fury. For him, their interactions had always been gentle and easy, mentoring and comfort, companionable. Something he wonders if it might change given the closer he gets to Hotaru.

Thoughts for a different time, alas.

Sunjata offers a gentle smile at the Tidebreaker, as the fellow leader clasps his forearm. Of course. I will have to take a look. He can’t just agree without knowing that they have enough to sustain the fix for their own docks and the new castaway exchange there that had suffered with the flooding. But anything extra, he would be able to send and help.

The information over the Rainbow Road shrine is a breath of relief, seen in the way his smile twitches a hint more genuine at the offer. Thank you. Something he might just take up an offer of. For now, though, his stomach rumbles and exhaustion pulls on the threads of his mental fortitude. I’m sure we’ll talk soon. Good luck. He makes to hop out of the water onto the dock, shifting fully into himself as he then starts to stand, pausing to add a genuine and don't forget to take care of yourself, too. Because he knew just how tough it was to run ragged and run a region. This one, in particular.

And with that, Sunjata departs, drifting deeper into the confines of what remains of Torchline’s main strip.

- FIN <3
remember you flew
SUNJATA