Training Tie a ticket to my tumble-down soul
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Hotaru

If Hotaru knew the sweetness of the sentiment behind Maea's eyes, she alas still would not have granted quarter or mercy, but her own vision is overtaken by ivory and moonlight as the Ancient collapses down on top of her.

The Valkyrie moves swiftly as she feels the weakness in Maea's braced limbs on one side, throwing sideways from her hip instead of one of her limbs so her opponent can't opportunistically seize such an opening. She flips them swiftly, one shin coming to press on the deeply sensitive inner thigh nerve of one of Maea's legs and one hand catching an errant wrist to pin it down to the earth while her other arm forms a bar across Maea's collarbones to keep her perfectly pinned.

From above, slightly winded and expression intensely focused with that same roguish grin lingering on her lips, Ru's golden hair begins to escape from her bun to tickle against the loreseeker's cheeks from above. "Do you yield?" There's no expectation in her tone; if Maea wanted to continue, she has the stamina and mind to do so, but she is equally happy with the rough-and-tumble struggle they just had. With the first round done, her adrenaline-fueled grin softens into something brighter and more comely, pleased to have been surprised by Maea's presence this afternoon and all that it had led to. And would hopefully continue to lead to.
what I did, do, to me and you, keeps me awake
if I were a ghost, you'd be the proof
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
And it feels like fear
Like I'll disappear
It was no more than she expected, when earth and sky traded places and her vision filled with sun-kissed skin and laughing eyes. Not because she had given up - she fought all the way around, making sure to give Hotaru all the resistance she was capable of. It just wasn't enough to make a difference.

With solid ground as an anchor beneath her shoulders Maea gritted her teeth against the pain that slowly ate into her thigh. Squirming to slip the grip on her wrist, on her torso, the Ancient bared her fangs in a soundless snarl, breath picking up... But nothing. She was well and truly stuck. And finally the pain too crossed what she was able to tolerate.

"Nnngh.... yield. I yield!"

Flushed from the effort, she half glared up at Ru, frustration over the loss mingling with true enjoyment. It felt good to spar; felt good to see her friend again, too. Perhaps a little too good - the color in her cheeks was not entirely the result of the wrestling match. As soon as the was able to she freed herself from the close proximity, covering any fluster with a cough and vexed grin.

"That's the second time I've been humbled this season... Maybe I should take up embroidery instead." Her voice came out hoarse, but the discomfort faded quickly enough. No harm done.
Gets so hard to steer
Yet I go on
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

Ru relents the moment Maea yields, all pressure vanishing the moment the other woman bids it. She retreats to sit on her haunches like a pleased cat, arms gracefully draped between her thighs as she watches the Ancient recover. There’s a bit too much color to her face, and her disgruntlement is adorable. The sentiment shines through plainly on Hotaru’s face, though she hopes it doesn’t come across as condescending as she extends a hand to help Maea up.

While she does, she uses her magic to heal and soothe away any bruises or scrapes the two of them may have obtained during their scuffling, leaving Maea good as new - if not even a little more rejuvenated. “Persistence is the only key to success,” she reminds in her rolling, laughing tone, the cheeky smile audible. “You have great instincts Maea. Just because you can’t outpace or out-wrestle me doesn’t mean you’re a bad fighter.” Hotaru does not dole out praise lightly, and she hopes it’s clear in her smile and the way her hand lingers, eternally comfortable with this sort of easy physicality.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
And it feels like fear
Like I'll disappear
Though she grumbled, Maea never hesitated before accepting the offered hand. Most of her misgivings had vanished with the spar, and while she certainly had been given much to think about, she accepted the compliment for what it was with a pleased little grin.

"Thank you. All the same, if I ever do beat you I'll take it as a sign that I'm getting somewhere." Making Ru yield at least once, forcing Deimos to take a step back - those were tangible goals to work towards. She gave the slender hand in hers a light squeeze, but gently eased hers away after a moment when tingles began working their way up her arm.

"How are you, these days? I heard from Sunjata that you two are back together... I was happy to hear it." Unfortunately, Maea was not as relaxed when it came to intimacy. Even a simple act of holding hands seemed intimate to her; especially when she didn't have any sort of emotional barrier to shield herself with. Hotaru might not be a close friend, but it's not like they were strangers either. That made it... complicated.
Gets so hard to steer
Yet I go on
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Hotaru laughs lightly, readily releasing Maea when she gracefully extracts herself, never one to press the boundaries of consent and bodily autonomy even given her own preference for physicality. "Then I suppose we'll just have to spar more frequently, hm?" It's a low-stakes invitation for Maea to come around more often, to seek out the Valkyrie when she otherwise wouldn't. Hopefully it comes off as the low-pressure opening Hotaru intends for it to be.

"I'm happier than I've been in a long time," she admits readily, smile softening from the apex of impish mischief into something more intimate. "I lost a lot during the war. My son, my lover. I became a bit of a hermit in Halo to cope." It's not something she would normally share so freely, but she has seen Maea at her lowest and darkest. Maybe this will be helpful, or inspiring. Or maybe she's just blowing smoke up her own ass here. "Leaving was the hardest choice I've made in years. But I'm glad I did it in the end, for all moving has given me. Sunjata most of all." A new start neither of them had really expected, but such is timing. They simply weren't ready the first time, and now they are.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
And it feels like fear
Like I'll disappear
"I would like that," was the simple answer to the not-question, the offer, the outstretched hand. It might be harder to make reality than any of them would like, but given the relative proximity between their homes, it was not impossible.

Dusting off her clothes as she listened, Maea smiled warmly at her friend. "That's good to hear. I'm hoping to do much of the same... though I've done so much hermiting that the opppsite might be more effective at this point. At least I'll be keeping myself around the Grounds most of the time. If you ever are in the area, I'll be happy to see you."

There wasn't much to say about Sunjata. Not at this point in time. That was still too raw, still a healing wound and a chapter in her life that needed to be closed. Let down gently, time and again. If anything, knowing that Hotaru and the Flood were back together helped Maea step away from any attempts to cling to hope; moving on meant removing all temptation, especially the ones preventing healing.

Maybe a day would come when she could sit down for a meal with both of them. But not right now.

"Say, do you have any places that offer food in these parts? I seem to have worked up an appetite..." Smiling, she began to gather up her belongings. It was a long way to go before she returned home, and while she wouldn't stay the night... a meal wouldn't hurt.
Gets so hard to steer
Yet I go on
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Hotaru is oddly grateful that Maea does not so much as blink at the mention of losing her son. Perhaps it's socially unacceptable or otherwise callous to others, but Hotaru has heard so many empty platitudes that to skip past them now is a relief. "I'm not often in the Grounds," she admits, not wanting to promise something she is doubtful of. The Grounds had never enchanted her in her brief time there, and once the world had opened to reveal Halo, she hadn't once looked back. "But I'm happy to visit you." She would make sure to send a letter ahead of time, but it would be easier to remind herself to visit a person rather than conjuring up aimless reasons to return to a region she holds no interest in.

Pleased that Maea was not ready to fully end their time together, Hotaru gathers her own minimal belongings and leads the Ancient back to the road with a winsome smile. "Of course! There's a wonderful steakhouse down the road that can cater to Ancient tastebuds," she begins to describe like the most charming tour guide anyone could ask for, filling the space between them with elegant chatter as they wind their way down the road, leaving the training post behind.

- Fin!