Just Saying Hello, an Update of Sorts

Age: 26 | Height: 5'2'' | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: KeebahSan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest.
Caelynn trekked up the rocky terrain, wiping sweat from her brow. She'd loved her conversation and experience with Lena, no matter how little it made sense to her. It merely solidified that she wasn't *home* anymore. Not that this wasn't her home, that it wasn't the home she remembered. It was time for her to grow, just as the world around her seemed to have done.

With a large sigh, she looked up at the beautiful cathedral she'd frequented in her life. The bones scattered around reminded her of all of the offerings she'd done previously with her family. Pulling the baggie of hearts, the ones that she'd saved from her last few meals, from her pocket she emptied the baggie into her hand. Allowing the blood to drip through her fingers she continued her walk into the cathedral. The darkness never bothered her, she held her shoulders back with confidence and let her heart guide her to the offering stone.

A few times she slipped and wobbled, once she even fell to a knee. She blamed her misfortunes about walking in the cathedral on having taken the last few years away from the cathedral to care for Frankie. With a soft groan she stood again, re-centered herself and continued forward to the offering stone. Once she felt the stone in front of her she smiled. Her entire walk she was dripping blood from the hearts in her hands, she wanted her god to know that she didn't mind the mess. The mess was a part of life, a part that she had been taught that her god admired.

Knowing that she wasn't going to get a response she placed the hearts in the stone and knelt down. Ordinarily, she would stand and speak to her dog, but it had been a while. She felt like it had been much longer than she expected. After kneeling and bowing to her god she stood again. "It's been awhile Dygra." Her breath hitched a moment as she thought about how to apologize, "No apology will repair the damage my absence may have caused. Frankie, he's gone now. You determined his life was done and he is with the ancestors. His life was wonderful and I still celebrate him every season. I celebrate him as well as my parents. I have still been celebrating. I should have come to visit, to tell you of my woes."

Caelynn looked towards the ceiling, unable to see anything in the pitch black of the room she smiled anyway, "I'm here to say that my journey begins again. I am going to climb onto that boat of the sky, how that thing was invented in my overnight slumber I have no clue, but I'm getting on it." A laugh slipped through her and she squirmed a bit, giddy and excited to get back to her studies. To get back to making her parents proud. "Anyway, I'm here to say hello again. To tell you that I am on my way to grow. To learn. With your blessing, I'll bring chaos and knowledge to everyone."

Without skipping a beat Caelynn reached her arm across the altar, angled her sharp claws under the meat of her upper arm, and ripped her claws across her skin. A deep growl erupted as she leaned holding the alter to help her stand in the name of the pain. She kept her arm suspended allowing her own blood to mingle with the hearts. "I share my meals, my blood, and my happiness with you Dygra. I hope to share my time with you again soon as well." Shakily, Caelynn lifted off of the stone and turned to walk her way back out of the cathedral. Her own blood dripped down her arm slowly.

Once outside Caelynn took her bag off of her shoulder and pulled out her water skin, extra cloth, and healing ointment. After a quick rinse she applied some ointment and snuggly wrapped her arm. After re-packing her bag, sipping from her waterskin, and taking a few deep breaths to settle herself from the pain she stood and started her hike to Frey's Breath. She would need a wash in the blood pool just in case the boat in the sky was as slow as the boats in the water. Then she would head back to the boat in the sky, gods permitting.

________
<3 fin

<3