[RQ] the same kind of mercy
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie
this floral patterned imagery makes me feel like hell
I know I'm not your type but I adore your vibe
His warmth and scent encompasses her, soothing away worries and strains she hasn't been able to magic or jog away as of late. And she knows why - of course she does - but for a moment she simply languishes in the comfort of his embrace, forgetting anything beyond the pair of them.

Her head shakes slightly against his sternum, dismissing the idea of pursuing Noah any further. "Anything more may have him growing even more defensive. I trust you communicated anything I might have wanted to share myself." Even when their ways differ, they seldomly disagree on Halovian matters as a whole. Noah's closeness with the Sword is only further reason to keep her hands off the matter - for now. Until it worsens, and Gods how she prays that it won't.

Her cheeks are slightly and unnaturally flush beneath his palms as he gently tilts her head up toward him, and Evie's eyes find his immediately. The Citadel walls arch out behind him, and the overbright blue-white of the summer sky makes his eyes all the deeper in their cerulean hues. Suddenly, the days and weeks of wondering when the perfect time might come drops away, leaving only clarity. "I'm pregnant," she confides, her hand coming to rest over one of his on her cheek. Eyes clear and watchful, moving between both of his. He may feel a slight twitch of a smile in her cheek, but she keeps her expression as neutral as possible, wanting to gauge how he might feel about the news. They had talked about it at length in their years together, and Evie is not afraid it will scare him off, but her heart rabbits in her chest all the same.

There is so much that lies within those two little words. A life-changing sentence; and she wouldn't wish to face it with anyone else.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS

He nodded in accord and agreement, the matter settled. The rest would depend on Noah’s actions, and perhaps Danta’s too, if things were to continue in peaceful form, rather than antagonistic quandaries. “I will send word or meet with Danta as well,” and potentially go about things face to face, rather than the back and forth layers between missives.

Thereafter though, the entire notions of the Forsaken’s actions took an immediate turn, tossed aside for an instant while Evie seemed to be contemplating something. His eyes took in the flushed cheeks, the brightening stare, wondering if she was becoming ill or if this was some new-fangled game he’d yet to further contemplate –

Before her announcement had his eyes widening and mind stopping short. The calculations ended and the only thing left was the widened, wholesome grin encompassed across his mouth. “Truly?” Perhaps a rhetorical notion; no sooner had she confessed then he’d taken her into his arms, a gentle but swift lift, pressing her wholly into his chest, permitting a round of laughter to follow through. The wall was forgotten too – he could hear Belial chirping from behind and hear the soft snort of Zuriel elsewhere – saving all the distinctions for his heart pounding and the matter of elation crossing into his chest. They’d planned and discussed this well beforehand, but the reality of it all, even amidst some spiraling circumstances surrounding them, uplifted and careened into his spirits.

He spun her a little, ignoring the slight flicker of tears in his eyes and the wet laughter coursing through his ribcage; the overwhelming amount of happiness nourishing its way through his frame and half-wondering how he’d been so fortunate after all these damned years. Eventually though, he settled her back upon the surface of the Halovian snow, lips on her brow, hordes of questions on his tongue. “Are you all right? Do you need anything? How far along?”
think about this
you have the ability to survive anything
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
Dantalion is the farthest thing from her mind, though it settles the general nerves and stress to know that - despite all her independence and headstrong nature - she can trust her husband to remove this weight from her plate, to cover the areas she may find herself lacking in. Both now and in the future.

A future she can share with him readily now, after so long wondering and planning surprises that felt ill-fitting and unlike them. Beneath Halo's skies she watches his smile grow, the slight tremble in his lips as the magnitude of it all sinks in, and her own shaken laughter joins his as he pulls her into his embrace. Her arms come around his shoulders, holding tight and pressing her face into his skin where the sudden wetness of her own eyes catches and smears like liquid gold.

She tilts her face readily up into his kisses and questions alike, blooming and glowing like a sunflower under his care. Perhaps they'd mistaken a pregnant glow as marital bliss this entire time - oops. "I'm okay. Part of the reason it took me so long to realize is because it has been going so smoothly." No urgent or painful symptoms, and she had been too busy to worry about any softening of her figure outside of attributing it to stress-eating.

As for how far along, well. "Near the third trimester I'd say. They're likely due by enf of Leafchange now. Maybe beginning of Deepfrost," she exhales all at once, because the immediacy had taken her by surprise when she'd finally figured it out. "I don't have much of a belly, but I've been able to feel movement for about a week." A milestone she wants to share with him, whether her bump grows any larger or not. Her grin nearly hurts, eyes damp. She lifts one hand to rub away the lingering happy, overwhelmed tears. "I'm just so glad they're healthy." That the stress of the impact hadn't hurt their chances, and that even though she'd been unaware for longer than planned, it was not for any negative reasons.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

Perhaps it was the general unfamiliarity of it all – despite being around Ru, Rexanna, and all their subsequent pregnancies, Deimos wouldn’t have been able to pick up on keen alterations and differences, and with the newness of everything, the chaos of the last few seasons…perhaps they’d both been a little distracted. If Evie was still well, and now the babe inside her, the Sword had no druthers in casting any other negative connotations away – though he’d likely be snagging at advice from any who were willing to offer it.

Releasing her only for a moment to wipe away at his own tears, his palms enveloped her cheeks once more, shaking his head at the madness and merriment of it all. Years before, and especially prior to Evie, this wouldn’t have even been a notion, nor a vague thought. “All right – is there anything else we should be doing?” She was the healer – and far more experienced in the realm of deliveries and babies…probably. They’d already had a room in mind within the house, they’d probably only need to set things in order…

Though the abrupt notions of dates made his eyes widen again. “Leafchange…,” and he had to laugh for the suddenness of it all. If not the vague overwhelmed feeling beginning to surmise over his mind, before being slammed down by the reel of his calculations and contentment. “As long as you all are healthy,” by way of consideration and care; his priorities would always be on them as a whole.
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Her own hand rises to cup his cheek, too late to brush away his tears but wanting to touch and embrace all the same. Though she has held the news in her chest for longer, saying it out loud makes it all so much more real.

There had been no others before Deimos, no relationships that ever amounted to more than childhood fancies or teenage rebellions, but it's still just as novel to know that they're building this life - this burgeoning family - together. Her smile nearly hurts as she shakes her head, turning her head to press a kiss to his palm. "Just some changes to diet and a few extra supplements. And getting the room ready, of course." Her fond expression makes it clear she knows she'll be relegated to light duty for that kind of involvement. Luckily most of the changes would be purely aesthetic given all the remodeling they'd done when building the house together.

"We are," she promises, hand tightening over his. "I had another healer check me out just to be sure. Though we're a little behind on names and plans now, aren't we?" But her laughter is bell-like, ready to take those trials head-on and with little trepidation for the dwindling time they have left. It's not even the last of the news she has to share with him, but right now she cares more about their own baby than whatever strange plant - or task - Rae had assigned to her. At least for a few minutes more.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

It hadn’t been for lack of trying on Deimos’ part, to find foundations in the worlds where he’d sewn disaster and bludgeoned earth. And perhaps it was just so that he hadn’t found anything until he gave over to more purposes, more potential, more prowess, than simple annihilation and brutality. Found those sentiments deep within the blackened, scarred portions of his soul and latched onto them – gave the rise and fall and lacerations to others. Now they were watching them build – and he couldn’t cease smiling for the actions, the sentiments, of the unwinding future. There’d be chaos and bedlam and mayhem along the way, for there were still enigmatic twists and turns to solve in the ongoing crisis, but gods there were other things too, where hope didn’t die or fade or falter.

He breathed under her touch, unfurling more breaths into the passing world around them, forgoing additions to the wall at the moment for lingering distinctions and a reel of content rumbles. “Okay,” was an acknowledgment of some changes, and perhaps she understood how sudden and overprotective and ridiculous he might end up being. “Do you want me to take any of your responsibilities?” Letters wouldn’t be an issue for her – though he had to wonder along her supervision of the Academy trainings and where, how far, danger might glimpse. The infirmary wasn’t his realm…

Before his mind spiraled further outward, his brow arched, fingers intertwining along cheeks, and his head bent low, aiming to meet her brow with his. He’d meant what he said – names and plans hadn’t been at the forefront at all – and just their wellbeing. A snort followed through, perhaps to match Zuriel’s echoing one nearby. “Very much so. Maybe we can take a day in soon and figure out what we want.” Brainstorm while painting or altering or changing the rooms.
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Times like these she wishes she had the soul of an Attuned, so she might feel the joy she can see radiating from his face so clearly. At the same time she is grateful to have put in the years of work to know him, to be capable of reading him so clearly even when he is not broadcasting his happiness like a beacon before her.

It would be easy to take offense to the notion of him taking on part of her share of the duties, but Evie's eyes only soften, hearing the devotion and self-sacrifice in every word. "Traveling, perhaps. For meeting with Dantalion or the other leaders, if they can't come to us." Her smile goes a bit wry, because she had just said that the pregnancy had been going smoothly enough for it to have escaped her notice for longer than planned, but - "Temperature seems to be the only persistent negative side-effect I've noticed. And sensitivity to smell - so skyboats have been a bit of a pain." She will always prefer to fly on Deimos' back, considering it safer than any other mode of transport, but right now it's currently the only way she feels truly comfortable traveling given her symptoms. "I've already planned Academy trainings to work around being pregnant, and when I had the head doctor check me out, I let her know she would need to run the infirmary solo for a while yet. She had no issues with that." Evie - ever the healer - may sometimes be hypocritical, but she is also usually one of the first to recognize her own limitations and abide by them. Or, more frequently, to make others consider them at all (Deimos).

Evie leans up into the gentle touch of his brow, still unable to stop smiling for longer than a moment or the span of a sentence. "That sounds perfect," she murmurs, hand cupping his cheek and thumb brushing across the edge of his beard, sinking into the pleasantness of the moment.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

He did wait for a rebuttal or refusal of his offer; but that was all it had been, a mere extension of his abilities. It hadn’t been to suggest she’d be incapable, but his concerns stemmed for both Evergreen and babe contained within; an overprotective streak that had eternally extended to any within his tight, familial, and cherished bond. When she softened instead, he permitted a breath, nodding along at the insinuations. “Sure.” Noting the temperature issue and sensitivity to smell in the back of his mind, pondering if there was something he might be able to create and conjure to alleviate some of the side-effects of her pregnancy. “All right,” as he took the information in – about trainings and infirmary processes, and an awareness of things that might need to be altered or carried on in a different manner.

His hands reached to cup around her cheeks again, leaning in closer until he could thread a lingering kiss across her lips; a long breath extended and ghosted thereafter. “How do you want to inform everyone else?” A stretch of the inevitable, given how these things worked – eventually Halovians would catch on to her changing shape. “I can let Kiada and Ru know,” because they meant the most to him, and then they could decide other means. Or maybe they could leave it furtive - another motive he was familiar with.
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
With the trappings of leadership dealt with swiftly, there are far more exciting notions of sharing the news and the manner by which to do it. But first -

Evie sinks into his kiss, eyes shut against the brightness of the sky beyond him, lingering in the warmth of his hands and lips against her. The stress of the news about Noah, Rae's plant, the checkup, the reveal...it all melts away, leaving her malleable and relaxed in his hold. And perhaps a little drugged-looking when he withdraws, pleasantly buzzed by his affections.

"I will tell Hadama and Alys," she exchanges in turn, and tries not to laugh at the pair of them and their close-knit style of friendships leaving them so few people to tell. "If anyone notices or asks I don't intend to keep it a secret, but I don't want to do more than that. No official announcements." The people of Halo would surely figure it out before then, and telling them all in an official capacity feels grossly self-aggrandizing.

Memory kicks in shortly thereafter, and Evie sweeps back her hair with a puff of air in her cheeks, the beauty of the moment giving way to stress anew. "Also, I need to tell you that I found something. A plant in a pot, to be precise, with a note from Rae asking me to take care of it until the end of the season." The absolute scale of that request is daunting, which is clearly translated on her face. Rae is everything to Evie. "I've put it in our greenhouse at home so nobody but you and I will know of it." And therefore it will be safer than nearly anything, as Evie is certain neither will tell a soul aside from each other.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Watching her reaction, and sinking into it, gave him a look of smug satisfaction thereafter, enough to remain properly amused throughout the length of the conversation. There would be others to tell in due time, like Noah, Sah, Cordelia, perhaps Remi and Ronin, but the closer-knit ties would always be established first. “I see. Nothing on the notice boards,” he indicated with a solidified wink; all pretense, for gods knew he’d never do such a thing, nor would the Evergreen. They’d keep to their own business, and eventually, all of it would unwind and unfurl anyway. The furtiveness wouldn’t last.

His head tilted, listening, as she continued her own track of news. Eventually they’d return to repairing and revitalizing the walls, but there were many scattered remnants in a short amount of time; all necessary constituents between political maneuvers and marriages. His hands trailed away from her face and back to her own palms while she described the bizarre circumstances, brows furrowing slightly. Rae. Plant in a pot. Tucked away in the greenhouse. “Strange,” foremost, the murmur distant while he was trying to work through hordes of calculations and machinations.

He didn’t know Rae much at all, save for the notions of experimentation – wondering what it could be and why Evie had been chosen for the designation. “With no other information?”
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Evie titters a fond laugh at this playfulness, charmed as always by her husband in these private moments of sass and mischief. "Maybe for the next kid," she teases back, mirth dancing in her blue eyes like the passing of clouds overhead. She wants to linger here forever, but there are revelations to share, and she watches him ponder and mull over what she has shared - echoing a singular sentiment that Evie plainly shares.

"None. My first assumption was it's something like Vi's roses, but then why the need for the growth to be overseen?" Her slim shoulders shrug helplessly, communicating how she'd thought herself in circles and ended up nowhere clear. "So for now I'm just tending to it, feeding it magic and water and attention," she laughs, because she has been caring for it with a hawklike focus that she usually reserves for her own grafting or cross-species experimentations.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

His eyes widened momentarily, as if thoughts over ‘next’ hadn’t truly corresponded from the current and present, snorting and shaking his head as if she’d scored one remark over him. “I will remember that,” he winked instead, as if the threat loomed – both knowing he’d probably recall the moment, but never actually commit to the act. The very thought of publicly announcing anything within their relationship gave him indigestion; far too versed in furtive natures. Besides, the Wardens informed their citizens on news that affected them at large; these instances were for them.

The other sentiments and information gathering had him speculating all the while though, leaving the other potentials in the dust for conspiring and sharing said notions. “Maybe it will be something to deal with the void creatures. Or Starfall.” Since they'd yet to find any residual answers, besides destruction. But then again, perhaps it should’ve been more widespread in that case, much like Vi’s Roses or Rae’s Lilies, contorting amidst regions rather than the greenhouse in their own home. “Interesting to see what occurs, at the very least.”

While his machinations continued in their spirals, he recalled another note of intrigue she might savor or ponder, though he still didn’t know where it might land in the interim. “Hadama came to see me the other day as well. He sent his regards to you.” Which hadn’t been the main topic of conversation, but he figured he’d be able to pinpoint the nature of her curiosity well.
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Her laughter is much lighter now, clearly unburdened of her stress and the weight of secrets, no matter how lovingly kept. Evie knows well that both of them would sooner break out in hives than post the news of the birth of any of their children on the Notice Board, but the easy ebb and flow of teasing is so familiar that it's as soothing as it is amusing.

"Exactly my thoughts. I admit I've been hovering over it in the greenhouse more than is strictly necessary," she chortles. As if she has ever needed further reasons to linger amidst her personal plants and experiments. As Deimos brings up Hadama however, intrigue - and a shadow of concern - creases between her brows, and she resumes walking along the wall, hand extending behind her to invite Deimos to grab it and follow behind her as she readily takes the unintentional bait.

"Not to sound pretentious, but why did he visit you instead of me?" Evie sometimes frets over whether her connections and efforts can really compare to her workaholic husband, but Hadama and Torchline are squarely hers to contend with on any normal day, so it's quite the departure from the norm.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

They seemed to both be overprotective in nature; but given the circumstances of their lives, those characteristics were almost expected. Whether it be the greenhouse or her friend – in Evie’s case – though her inquiry caused the arch of his brow to increase, and a trifle amount of mischief to encompass his grin. “It was nothing political,” he assured, but for the pretentiousness alone, he drew alongside her rather than behind, biding his time while applying his earthen magic back into the wall. Any weakened portions were renewed under his thwarting and incantations, drawn along cracks until they were filled, placing strength into footholds of the structures. Belial scampered along the top portions again, rampaging ahead of them with spikes and shards of reckless energy. Zuriel seemed all the more content to persist behind, snorting every so often.

Uncertain how she’d react by the notions he was due to unfold, he swung their hands and arms back and forth, juvenile and boyish, before receding to the more serious nature of recent occurrences. “Safrin sent him to me. Seemed she offered him the ability to become her demigod, but wanted to make sure he knew the choices available to him.” Loyalty, within the Sword’s threshold, or power amidst chains, for those like Ronin.
think about this