the pleasure, the privilege is mine
Fox <333
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// seen you smile in a secret language
With the announcement settled and her finishing up going through the letters – gods there were so many of them – and sorting them, there’s a small amount of exhaustion that blooms in her shoulders that hadn’t been there in some time. But excitement, too, especially when she steps out and realizes what time it is – banking toward sunset. She imagines Fox isn’t done with what creature he’s been hunting in Jack Tar Landing, but he might be finishing up.

So it’s there that she sets her steps to, making it there just before the sun sets fully, casting the area in an orange warm hue of sunlight. Golden hour, some might say, that brings out the hues of red veins in her horns as she steps along the docks, spotting a small little boat and a very familiar and hot figure. “Fox!” She chimes, flashing him a bright grin and casting a shadow over him so he doesn’t blind himself to look at her, but instead is framed by the vibrant gilded light, her iceberg eyes a hue akin to green in the shift but full of adoration regardless. She stays on the dock, not wanting to ruin the balance of the boat but it’s clear she wants nothing more than to press up against him. “I missed you today.”  Had it only been like, seven hours? Yes. But that's besides the point.
KIADA
love i know just like the ocean //
totally sniped from odd ilu
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
'Cause with my mid-youth crisis all said and done
There are things, did you know, that lurk beneath the surface of the waves in the Hollowed Grounds. Fox hates them, and for more reasons than because they're monstrous - he can't swim, and he gets seasick. Nonetheless, when duty calls, he answers, regardless of fear or risk or discomfort. And it's all said and done by the time the light turns gold and the air grows comfortably warm, the hunter in the back of the little boat looking far too serious and grave, but that's entirely to do with the rocking motion of the vessel and the deep, dark water at either side.

The sound of his name does have him looking up, however, and gods if Kiada doesn't look like an angel haloed in streamers of light as she gazes down at him. His stomach flips in a way that (for once) doesn't feel uncomfortable or imminently worrying, and it's with a quick mumble of thanks to the boat captain that he hauls himself out and up towards her.

"You're telling me," he rumbles, instantly folding himself into her embrace, his arms encircling her and his chin resting gently atop her head. "I feel like hell." There's a soft smile in his voice nonetheless, at least, and he lets out a long, deep sigh and relaxes onto the steady ground beneath their feet.
FOX
I need to be youthfully felt, 'cause God I never felt young
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Kiada quite blatantly ignores the captain that’s made her lover so sea sick that his skin quite literally turns green – though it isn’t entirely for lack of politeness, her excitement to have found him far outweighing the common pleasantries of everything else. She knows today was going to be rough for him, and it’s precisely why she waits for him to step out of the boat before she practically rushes him.

He's warm in her touch and she wraps her arms around him, pressing easily into his embrace as content as can be, her tail wrapping around his leg in turn as if she didn’t intend on letting him go at all. “You kind of look like it.” She murmurs into his chest, taking in a deep breath of his scent where her cheek is pressed into the strong muscle of his chest. “We can go slow going home so you can get your land legs back?” She suggests, pulling back slightly to drag her hands up his chest to wrap around his neck, peering up at him with unbidden excitement. “I have news to share, anyway.
KIADA
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Lucky for me, you're beautiful enough for the both of us," Fox mumbles into her hair, a smile in his voice. And as long as Kiada doesn't mind him looking like hell, he's happy for her to carry that particular gorgeous torch for the two of them. Huffing a soft laugh at the feel of her tail twining around his leg, for a long moment the hunter doesn't move an inch, and not only because she's all but anchored him in place.

The solid ground beneath his feet, the warm breeze, the distant smell of spice and sweetness from the stalls and bars around Jack Tar Landing are one thing, but the warm presence of the woman in his arms is all he needs to start to feel better. "Mm, that would be nice. We can pick up dinner on the way," he suggests; it's still such a novelty to have someone to go home with - to even eat dinner at home - that he finds himself smiling again at the mere thought.

Eventually, her news and her arms around his neck refocus him, Fox tilting his head and gently tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "From the look on your face I imagine it's good news?"
FOX
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
At first it’s a murmur, then a symphony. Voices all out with laughter and conversation. As you look around the voices change to cries, screams. The words ‘Sparkbird’ and ‘Lady!’ call out in fearful tones. As a fin cuts through the water it becomes clear. You’ve just heard the fall of the Hollowed Grounds to the Sparkbird, recorded by the voices of passing Echo sharks. Good luck sleeping tonight.

You’ve encountered a pack of echo sharks. This counts as a common creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements.

Echo Shark (common) - A dwarf species of shark known for hunting in packs, the Echo Shark can live in both freshwater and saltwater. They are able to mimic any sound they’ve heard and band together to increase their range of vocals. The sharks use the words and sounds they’ve learned to lure unsuspecting prey into the water, where the sharks will then leap up and drag them into the waves.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
A soft laugh leaves her when she hears his rumble, content to carry the torch for the both of them if needed, even if she’d argue until she was blue in the face that he was still stunning even if he had the flare of green to his skin.

She’ll tell him when he feels less like shit, of course.

Kiada practically beams with the thought of grabbing food, unhooking her tail from his leg as she nods her head, horns glinting the ruby veins that run through it with the sunset giving it what looks like a crown of fire. “I certainly think so.” She all but playfully purrs, even as she slides to tuck herself into his side, arms slipping down around his middle so they can start walking off the dock.

All air of excitement and happiness seem to vanish temporarily with the sound coming from the waves and the multitude of fins she can see poking out of the water. She squeezes Fox a little tighter, hurrying her steps just a little in an effort to get away from it quicker. She doesn’t think he’ll complain. “I joined Dantalion’s council.” Makes for a good distraction, she thinks. “I’m taking care of the paperwork and stuff.” She peers up at his sharp jawline, admiring the view while also waiting to see what exactly he had to say about the new developments.
KIADA
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
Kiada isn't the only one who falls quiet and tense - whilst the echo sharks aren't what Fox has been hunting today, they're certainly another reminder of why he hates the ocean and all its monsters especially. With hazel eyes made darker by memory, he glares at the churning fins and clasps the harpy close against his side, more than content to lead them away from Jack Tar Landing and its shores.

"Hm, you - wait, you what?" Clearly her distraction has worked, Fox's eyes flicking right back to Kiada and her crimson crown. "You joined his council?" The hunter's smile is half befuddled, half amused - he has worked briefly with the Maverick on their bonfire quest, and whilst he doesn't dislike the man, it can't be said that he necessarily understands him either.

"If you were bored, you could have said so. I'm sure I could have found something more interesting for you to do."
FOX
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
The further away from the echo sharks they get, the easier it is for her to relax – nestling in easily into his side, fingers tucked into his clothes as if they’re walking as one. One that doesn’t stumble surprisingly when she announces her news and it distracts him into looking at her, while all she can offer is an amused grin. “Yes.” She answers easily, until a chime of laughter slips from her lips at his next comment.

You should’ve seen the mail he had.” She whines, as if that were reason enough. But her smile twists into something playful as she shrugs her shoulder, the one not pressed into Fox. “What would you have had in mind to keep me busy?” She asks, clearly amused with the twist of her lips, her brow rising as if to see if what he could offer would be of more interest.
KIADA
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"Ah," Fox replies easily as Kiada confirms her new position with an easy yes, amusement slowly gaining ground over confusion on his face. "Well, as long as you're happy, who am I to keep you from your career aspirations?" Leaning in to press a kiss to the top of her head, he slows his pace somewhat once the ocean is no longer in immediate sight, keeping his eyes peeled for a stall selling ingredients or food to go.

"His mail?" he repeats, fingers idly strumming against her side; the more they walk and talk and the more his feet become accustomed to being on the ground again, the more steady he feels. "Oh, I have plenty in mind to keep you busy," he assures her. "A gentleman never kisses and tells, though. Not in public, anyway."
FOX
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
My career aspirations have changed quite a bit over the years.” She admits, nestling into him when he presses a kiss to the top of her head. Originally, she’d wanted to be a healer – a doctor to help out those who needed it and to step away from politics which had often ruled her mother and father’s lives. Only, she’d found out she inherited her ability to fight, her ease of wielding a dagger, as opposed to the fine gentle nature of healing.

She’d always been a bit too fierce, so she became a warrior. Entirely by necessity than choice. But, here she was.

His mail. Also, I got rid of the frostbloom and the shitty crow from our house.” She knows that the crow, at least, would be good news – no longer having that sensation of dread in the pit of their stomachs.

Their steps slow and she too scouts around for a stall, before she beams up at his assurance, humming a laugh. “Sometimes it can be fun in public.” She purrs, prodding him playfully at his other side with her spaded tail, before she tugs on him to walk with her to follow a whiff of food she’d caught. A stall selling the usual vegetables found here, but being so close to the water there’s the addition of fish.
KIADA
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"Is that so?" Fox is grinning but he fully believes it, based on everything he's learned about Kiada and the powerful personality contained within her delicate frame. He's about to follow up with more questions, but then gods she gives him the best news, and Fox's shoulders sag in relief. "I really hated that crow," he says, riding the words out through a sigh and tilting his head up to let the rays of sunlight stroke at his face.

Hazel eyes flick back to Kiada in time for her to predictably make him flush around the ears, Fox clearing his throat and following after her obediently to the stall. "Well," he says pointedly, "at least in this new role you'll have a lot of fun opening Danta's mail." He can't even imagine the amalgamation of stuff in there.

Anyway, as he gazes over the stall, he points out a couple of premade bowls of what looks like a stew. "We can eat while we walk, if you're hungry?" he offers.
FOX
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
It is so.” She says with a surprising amount of chipperness, letting it settle so she might bring it up later when she spies the relief spreading through him at the mention of the raven and she presses in for a light squeeze against him with a soft giggle of a laugh. “I know you did. Now it’s Danta’s problem.” And hers, she supposes, when she shows up to work to feed the terrible thing.

But at least it’s only brief and doesn’t invade their sweet comfort of Fox’s home.

She can’t help but to grin fiendishly at the red that tints his ears, guiding him toward the stall regardless, snorting lightly instead as she shakes her head a little. “Oh yes, it’s a blast.” She drawls, before following where he points out, her nose picking up the scent of the stew shortly after as she nods. “That sounds great.” She chimes to him, stepping over to order two bowls – one for him and one for her, tucking herself back against his side while they’re prepared, and before they know it they have them in hand and the freedom to get further away from the water that she’s sure Fox is more than happy to do.
KIADA
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
"I have no qualms with making it Danta's problem," Fox says, and though his smile is playful and crooked, there's more than a sliver of truth in the hazel of his eyes. One of the perks(?) of leadership for the Maverick.

Standing, idle and content as Kiada orders their food, Fox pays and collects his own bowl, happy to eat as they walk though it does mean he's not as able to keep the harpy as close as he has been. "I suppose," he says conversationally between bites, "this means I'll have to find more reasons to hunt monsters around the Inner Quarter."

You know, so he can accidentally run into Kiada while she's doing her duties around the Dusklight. "Then again, I need to go to Torchline soon for this quest. So I hope you won't miss me too much while I'm gone." Maybe she'll think of him fondly, and the way he'll be clinging to the skyship the whole time.
FOX
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She knows he agrees with the sentiment, and it sparks her little chimed laugh of agreement. Their cozy abode would return to being just that – cozy. A thought that keeps her warm and content while she orders food for them, collecting the bowls as soon as they’re made, and soon enough they’re back onto the path to head home. “You should. It would be quite a time.” She says once she’s swallowed her bite, unable to keep the amused smile from her lips even while she starts to take another bite.

The mention of Torchline has her perking up though, letting her gaze flicker back toward him while she swallows down that next bite. “I always miss you.” She assures him, briefly leaning in toward him but not enough that she jostles his own bowl of food. “I’m sad I won’t be there to keep you from being a little less green.” Though, it’s a thought that has been lingering in her mind, a certain gift to procure that she too will need to take a trip to Torchline for.

But, alas, not until later, nor would she let the surprise slip before she could find what she was looking for.

Do you know what kind of creature you want to collect? Or are you just winging it like we did in Stormbreak?
KIADA