[seasonal event] light a candle for me
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
m a e a
here comes the sun
smiling down

Someone paused beside her, and Maea turned to smile at Phoebe when the younger woman addressed her. So far most of her attention had been spent on Ludo, but a chance to talk to others was welcome - especially when this someone was a person she had been meaning to find again.

"Phoebe! What are you talking about, of course you're no bother. How are you, enjoying the festival? Thank you for the flowercrowns, I love it."

Maea had changed much from the first time they met. The timid, shy girl who couldn't meet anyones eyes and who rarely smiled was gone, replaced by an animated young woman who readily welcomed company. Perhaps the smile was a bit too wide, and the glimmer in her eyes gone too fast when she thought no one was looking, but if Maea was aware of the cracks in her facade of 'Im-fine-don't-worry-about-me" she didn't let on.

"Well... it's supposed to represent the sun" she explained, gesturing to the candle-lit wheel. "You light a candle and place it on the wheel, and everyone helps to make sure it stays lit through the night... to show how there is light even in the darkness, and to honor Rae's season."

It was the garbled version; to be more specific on the tradition and it's meaning she would have to dive through some of the Atheneum records.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] light a candle for me - by Maea - 04-07-2019, 05:05 PM
RE: [seasonal event] light a candle for me - by Maea - 04-09-2019, 12:35 PM