Protect the Land
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
Just smile and be happy.
Months have passed since his last visit to the shrine and Zavien finds himself drawn to the holy place in light of Caido's current predicament. After traveling and observing the aggressive spread of the Void infection, meeting many new people along the way, Zavien has come to the conclusion that he can't make a difference on his own. His weaknesses have become apparent after his embarrassing failure in the Feverlands, and the rumored strength of the Family has him concerned for the fate of his home. Perhaps the gods may approve of his minor altruistic goal of "saving the world" - or maybe they'll just take pity on his delusionality.

Sounds of gentle trickling water disguise the soft footfall of his approaching steps. The silent resolve of his thoughts distracts him from the beautiful aquatic foliage that surround the focus of his attention - Vi's statue. A reminiscent smile emerges at the thought of a small orange cat who kept him company during his last visit. Even if Vi doesn't answer him, he would be happy to see the friendly feline again.

Zavien pulls a bright red candle from his pack, the festive color being indicative of the season. Striking a match, he lights the wick and kneels before the regal face frozen in an image of peace. He bows his head in gracious reverence before beginning his prayer. "Vi, god of life. I call out in a humble request for assistance. You know of the Void corruption plaguing the land and the Family figures who command it. I can only assume the agony it must be causing you to watch Caido suffer." A poignant pause allows him to honor the innocent life lost in its greedy devouring of the land. After a moment of silence, he proceeds. "Please help me to lessen the suffering. Whether it be with knowledge or power, I want to tilt the scales in our favor. Do these sinister people or creatures have a weakness we can exploit? Is there a weapon you can provide me to smite these unholy beings?" His quiet smile portrays his trust and faith in the gods as he sits back onto his heels. Looking to the sky above, he finishes his prayer. "I just want to protect this beautiful world and those in it. Can you help me do that?" The better question was, 'Are you willing?'

Zavien is praying to Vi for information on Void weaknesses or a weapon to help battle it!

Citizenship Ability: With so many favoured in one place, fickle spirits tend to leave you alone. You cannot be cursed when visiting a shrine by a spirit.
Zavien

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sometimes, no matter how well-intentioned, things simply are not meant to be. The offering Zavien leaves is genuine, the plea he makes heartfelt. Undoubtedly there are forces out there who hear him and know, regardless of all else, that he has only the world's best interests at heart.

Alas, today there is no answer for the young Accepted.

No deity, no herald, no spirit.

Nothing.

Nothing happens.
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
Just smile and be happy.
He can't lie that he doesn't feel a small amount of disappointment when nothing happens. Sitting in silence, he waits for a time in case Vi is just late in her response, but time continues to pass with no indications of a reply. Zavien closes his eyes and smiles sadly. Although his prayers may not have been answered, there is no bitterness. Instead, he whispers quietly, "I shall try again when you have more time." With the promise spoken, he stands to leave. His muscles ache when he stands, reminding Zavien of the time spent waiting and he blocks the doubt attempting to creep into his mind. Whether it had the result he wanted or not, he didn't regret coming to the shrine today. He simply brushes off his clothes and blows out the candle before leaving the peaceful oasis.

{FIN}
Zavien