(SE) when life is death and death is in between
Opportunist

Age: 20 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Kiss a lover, dance a measure
Find your name, and buried treasure
He let her go. Relieved and insulted that any creature in this ocean had to let her go at all, Nysa stretched her coiling limbs and followed after the man as he headed for the surface, persistent and intrigued and decidedly provoked by her own weakness.

"But you are my size," she complained. "If it didn't hurt then at least admit that you had fun. You did, right? Hey."

He was fleeing up onto the dock again. Reluctantly the mermaid poked her head into the dry air, hating the way it caused her hair to slick around her face and dried out the skin.

"Are you just gonna leave?" Honestly, this was no fun at all.
Face your life; its pain, its pleasure
Nysadeia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i was raised as a scorpion
being pulled by the moon in a high tide
She trails after him and he’s very aware of it as he rises to the surface, even offering his little antagonizing comment as his hands hit the dock and he moves to haul himself out of the water. Her retort is met with a brief pause, a small snort mentally through the attuned bond. Not quite, sweetheart. He drawls, before he does pull himself up out of the water and onto the dock. Legs shift back into his own, now covered with his waterlogged pants and he heaves a little sigh – glad that he’d had the foresight of leaving his shirt and boots behind.

That’s the plan.” He tells her when she surfaces, his steel gaze zeroing in on her for a moment, uncaring what kind of fun she does or doesn’t want to have – he’s got enough on his plate as is. And with the memory of leaving the offering at Ludo’s shrine so fresh in his memory and the discomfort that has settled in his gut, well… It didn’t make for the most reasonable side of the Flood.

But he does pause a little, running his hands through his hair and down his stubbled cheeks, trying to get as much water away from his face as possible, running his hands down his neck now to get it further away to peer back at her. “Seemed like you didn’t want me to be here in the first place.” He finally decides to say with a small and casual shrug from his broad, tattooed shoulders.
the flood
that's why i'm broken, yeah,
am i a villain or a saint?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Opportunist

Age: 20 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Maybe I didn't. Maybe I changed my mind." She had to pause there and give it a moment of serious thought. "Maybe you're not what I expected." Unpleasant though it was to admit, her nagging curiosity refused to simply let go of this intriguing new thing.

"At least tell me your name?"

Despite the pout and surly expression, her tone took on a polite enough quality. Pushing herself up high enough from the water to grip the side of the dock, she strained against gravity and watched with growing disappointment how the man grew legs and shed the ink off his skin alongside the water. He had looked better with the orca tail; dry land suited him no more than it did her, Nysa thought.
Nysadeia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i was raised as a scorpion
being pulled by the moon in a high tide
He finds it far more likely that she’s changed her mind – but that doesn’t matter much to him. He’s drying off, still shirtless on the docks as he peers down at her as she tries to follow up halfway – hands on the dock to pull herself up enough to look at him and ask her question, and honestly? He’s really surprised she doesn’t know him already.

But that’s fine, he also doesn’t fully intend on giving her his whole name, either. The moniker that Caido knew would suite just fine, and perhaps prove to her that she did not in fact measure up to him – fully Mer born or not. So it’s with a cocky, sure grin that’s lopsided from the scar on his face that he lets his steel gaze peer down at her as he rolls one of those broad, tattooed shoulders, still dripping with water that only spreads more of the dark inky swirls of his passive magic under his skin. “The Flood.” And he waits, head tilting to listen for her recognition of it.
the flood
that's why i'm broken, yeah,
am i a villain or a saint?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Opportunist

Change author:
A creature of the sea, the mermaid knew many types of floods. The ones caused by earthquakes, the ones induced by the moon. She knew of riptides and maelstroms and the cunning currents that swept a ship sideways into reefs even though the captain swears they had been steering in another direction, and she had definitely noticed the flood caused by the impact of Starfall into her sea.
And, grudgingly, she supposed she might have heard something being mentioned about some land ruler or other with that moniker. But she'd be damned before she gave him the satisfaction of being recognized.

"I'm Nysa," she replied instead, without so much as a twitch in her face to give away her thoughts. "You should come back and play some more, Flood. For a mouthbreather, you swim well."  

But since he seemed resistant to persuasion on this day, the mermaid decided to cut her losses. Dropping back into the water, she shifted effortlessly back into the large octupus and disappeared off into the deep. To sulk, no doubt, and contemplate a growing need to learn self defence. And magic. And maybe some modern history...

Gods, if only it wasn't so boring.

{Fin}
Nysadeia